Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
rubberneck
Art God

Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:37 pm

jonkino wrote:
rubberneck wrote:
jonkino wrote:Talking about giclees. Does anyone know what those Ansin giclees look like in person. I have been toying with the idea of buying that Ansin Night Porter for ages. Love the design and love the film, but I am just not sure on giclees. Anyone?
I have the 24x36 THX 1138. Very nice print on heavy paper. :pint:

Check the pics here...

http://www.expressobeans.com/visual/ind ... 964/169692
Nice, are these giclees made to order? Like open editions? And you chose the size?
Yep. The 24x36 was $80 but well worth it imo...

In this case, you're getting an Ansin print of a classic sci-fi film. The line-work and illustration can be appreciated irrespective of the printing process...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
harrykeogh
Art Expert

Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:44 pm

wizzack wrote:
artchase wrote:
Awesome wrote:So I guess this is a bad time to tell all of you that I know a guy who hoards Mondo posters and has anywhere from 10-30 of the same poster and has them all in flat files? Last time I looked he had like 10 Totoro Variants and a few of both Stout Big Trouble posters, I didn't bother asking him what else he has.
someone will eventually say this pics or gfto
I remember that pic from some thread on here. Isn't that guy going to jail for pedophilia or something? Or am I imagining things?
TattooMike
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:47 pm

The further fuel rumors of an Escape From New York print, I found this:

By Nick Derington
"This is the original art for the limited edition Mondo Mystery Movie silkscreen print for their Escape from New York screening event."
Escape From New York.jpg
ironjaiden wrote: ...because I'm a 14 year old boy trapped in a middle aged asshole suit.
iambillyg
Art Freak

Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:48 pm

Yeah. He has a lot of Mondo prints. I was about to buy a Moss TWBB, but didn't have the funds. And I didn't know his history.
gonzo303
Art Freak

Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:49 pm

wizzack wrote:
artchase wrote:
Awesome wrote:So I guess this is a bad time to tell all of you that I know a guy who hoards Mondo posters and has anywhere from 10-30 of the same poster and has them all in flat files? Last time I looked he had like 10 Totoro Variants and a few of both Stout Big Trouble posters, I didn't bother asking him what else he has.
HAHAHAHAHAHA I bet Awsome spent some quality time searching through his files (and no I don't mean the flat kind)!!!!
Same fudge, different drop.
nimsu8
Art Expert

Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:49 pm

Does he get people to wait in line/online or does he just buy them a ton of them on the secondary market?
Anonymous - "One of these days I'm going to type something clever or funny and it will end up as someone signature...one of these days"
rubberneck
Art God

Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:50 pm

TattooMike wrote:The further fuel rumors of an Escape From New York print, I found this:

By Nick Derington
"This is the original art for the limited edition Mondo Mystery Movie silkscreen print for their Escape from New York screening event."
Escape From New York.jpg

I have that print. That's from 2009.

Available here: http://postercabaret.com/escape-from-ne ... oster.html
Last edited by rubberneck on Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
harrykeogh
Art Expert

Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:53 pm

TattooMike wrote:The further fuel rumors of an Escape From New York print, I found this:

By Nick Derington
Escape From New York.jpg

That print came out in 09.

The split fountain looks cool in person.

I inquired about the size of the original art peace a week or so ago. It is 11 X 17".

EDIT: I have slow fingers.
TattooMike
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 09, 2012 6:56 pm

Aha. I should've done a little more research. Good looking finished print.
ironjaiden wrote: ...because I'm a 14 year old boy trapped in a middle aged asshole suit.
Awesome
Art Expert

Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:36 pm

gonzo303 wrote:
wizzack wrote:
artchase wrote:
[img]
HAHAHAHAHAHA I bet Awsome spent some quality time searching through his files (and no I don't mean the flat kind)!!!!
Are you calling me a pedophile?
kryptonite
Art Expert

Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:41 pm

Stout said in that vector site interview Rubberneck posted that if he could do any poster, he'd do Escape from New York. So I'm expecting it eventually.
jlabbate
Art Freak

Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:38 pm

Just received The Exorcist & The Cabin in the Woods Prints...the red POPS nice on the Exorcist and I love the rustic/weathered look of TCITW :pint:
fastest shipping ever

alos..love the Derrington ENY print..it was the 2nd or 3rd print i bought :pint:
DrScott44
Art Expert

Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:54 pm

Anyone else getting some ridiculously low offers on Mondo stuff from a dude with zero post history and no listed collection/WT's? Just got two in a row. Weirdness.
"I say we stomp 'im. Then we tattoo 'im. Then we hang 'im...and then we kill 'im!"

"I say we let 'im go."

"NO!!!"
IggyD
Art Expert

Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:47 pm

DrScott44 wrote:Anyone else getting some ridiculously low offers on Mondo stuff from a dude with zero post history and no listed collection/WT's? Just got two in a row. Weirdness.
+1
kryptonite
Art Expert

Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:50 pm

I have no idea where this came from. I had a tab open with it but have never seen it before lol - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... true&rt=nc