Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
tehhippy
Art Expert

Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:38 pm

emac wrote:Whatever Mondo did to their checkout process, bravo! Got a Hugo variant lightning fast. :shock:
This. Not gloating, sorry to anyone who got shut out tonight - but there was a decent delay between going up and tweet, which helped quite a bit since I could truly sit and F5 and didn't have to at least look like I was doing work.
GatorsCanes
Art Expert

Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:39 pm

On the Bridesmaid drop I had it eyed and everything. Got stuck on shipping calculation and the redirected to mondo's mobile site. Never seen that before. Still missed out after all of that. Hoping to get a print for my wife.

Edit to add I didnt get any tweets after the Rango second offering.... Oh well
Last edited by GatorsCanes on Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NEVER PAY VIA PAYPAL GIFT. NEVER PAY FRIENDS/FAMILY. PAY THE FEES YOURSELF, THE 3% IS WORTH IT TO NOT BE SCAMMED
nopey23
Art Enthusiast

Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:39 pm

Wow - that might have been the most brutal Mondo drop I've ever tried for. I was manually refreshing, saw Hugo, opened it up... cliked add to cart and it just timed out. I tried on two windows and just nothing. Mondo was "offline" for me for a good two minutes - so bizarre.

Oh well -- just wish I wasnt sitting around for the last 30 minutes. Usually if I get in quickly I can at least get to my cart!
cardhawks
Art Expert

Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:40 pm

meskell wrote:
edderlyj wrote:Most of these movies (I'll spare you the list) I've projected this year for the 'masses'--yet another in a long list of careers that would be wonderful if it weren't for the people--and now am able to, with the help of Austinian hobbits, sit through an enitre Oscars with some deeper connection than just having one channel out in the old analog woods of yore.
:pint: :notworthy:
I need to take a creative writing and reading comprehension course. Image
yeah,
maybe theater projector operator lost soul to a digital future
bribe
Art Enthusiast

Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:40 pm

wow, I can't believe I finally got through on any Mondo release.
Managed to get a Rango and Hugo Varient.

Only 4th time trying to get stuff through Mondo, but 3 other times I struck out big time.

So happy with the outcome tonight.
emac
Art Expert

Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:41 pm

I have to admit, this "tv event"-centric drop was kind of fun. I wonder what other things they could do themed drops for. :)
MovieManJeff1012
Art Expert

Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:43 pm

cardhawks wrote:
meskell wrote:
edderlyj wrote:Most of these movies (I'll spare you the list) I've projected this year for the 'masses'--yet another in a long list of careers that would be wonderful if it weren't for the people--and now am able to, with the help of Austinian hobbits, sit through an enitre Oscars with some deeper connection than just having one channel out in the old analog woods of yore.
:pint: :notworthy:
I need to take a creative writing and reading comprehension course. Image
yeah,
maybe theater projector operator lost soul to a digital future
I have read and re-read that post a few times, and it makes me laugh, because I have no idea what the hell is going on there, yet I can just imagine someone who was playing the old Scorcese drinking game time, just hammered and typing away!!
ImageImageImage
THE GODDESS PREVAILS
camaroz06
Art Connoisseur

Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:44 pm

Not sure if I got a Hugo or not, screen hung on on payment processing but I see an order number in my account history.
cutterbutter
Art Expert

Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:48 pm

emac wrote:I have to admit, this "tv event"-centric drop was kind of fun. I wonder what other things they could do themed drops for. :)
When's the next Back to the Future marathon on TNT?
RiotAct
EB Trainee

Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:49 pm

camaroz06 wrote:Not sure if I got a Hugo or not, screen hung on on payment processing but I see an order number in my account history.
you're good then.
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.
netluffyg
Art Connoisseur

Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:50 pm

YAY!!!
All in all, a great night- I got Bullhead and Hugo regular.
I was worried that I wasn't going to get the Hugo because it hung up while processing shipping, but thank goodness for it being a run of 295. I would've been happy with either- so I'm glad I went with the one I had a better chance at.

Thanks for being entertaining Justin on twitter and making my heart skip a beat everytime I saw a tweet from you.
adamsmasher wrote: There is not enough wall space for ambivalence.
ISO: Ansin's Phantom of the Opera (reg) & Metropolis (silver)
dylansdad
Art Expert

Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:54 pm

Neebles wrote:
emac wrote:Whatever Mondo did to their checkout process, bravo! Got a Hugo variant lightning fast. :shock:

How the heck did you do it? I couldn't get through for anything....
Got in well before the Tweet, got to the final step with the variant and hit the mother of all lag.
Last edited by dylansdad on Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kryptonite
Art Expert

Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:55 pm

Hugo set, matching #s :pint:
meskell
Art Expert

Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:00 am

kryptonite wrote:Glad I won't be spending Sunday night with a computer in my lap.
kryptonite wrote:Hugo set, matching #s :pint:
Wanda: I can't stand people. I hate them. Do you hate them?
Henry: No, but I seem to feel better when they're not around.
biscocrack420
Art Expert

Mon Feb 27, 2012 12:01 am

meskell wrote:
kryptonite wrote:Glad I won't be spending Sunday night with a computer in my lap.
kryptonite wrote:Hugo set, matching #s :pint:
lol