Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
rmoore
Art Expert

Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:46 pm

SaintNoir wrote:
Darkknight37 wrote:
mike123230 wrote:So would Drive count as one of the movies Justin was talking about in the interview that everyone's been begging for?
Could be, but I think the one everyone's really been begging for is an Encino Man poster.
Stout Encino Man!!! :drool: :P

Actually... I'd like to see Proctor illustrate the train wreck that is Pauly Shore.
Only Dan May could capture hair like that.
Celsius
Flipper

Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:57 pm

I am surpised both Signalnoise and Mondo both concurrently have the license for Drive. Wonder if it will be the Ghostco poster.
"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

https://plushart.club
virtualmert
Art Expert

Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:58 pm

or mondo will do the screenprint edition of the signalnoise poster :twisted:
:cautiously removes pants:
dylansdad
Art Expert

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:00 pm

I didn't get to see Drive in theaters, but I have the Blu-ray preordered from Amazon.

However, if one more person tells me that it was A-MAAAAAA-ZING!!!!!, then I might just wait a bit to watch it. When movies are overhyped before I get to see them, I tend to be underwhelmed.
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:10 pm

I'm cool with Mondo doing Drive. I know it feels like there are too many posters for the film, but at least they're not all by Mondo (which does happen sometimes...multiple posters for the same film released by Mondo).

I also have no issues with picking up White's poster last week and then going for this one (depending on what it looks like). A Mondo release doesn't change the fact that White's poster is well-designed.
Celsius
Flipper

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:12 pm

dylansdad wrote:I didn't get to see Drive in theaters, but I have the Blu-ray preordered from Amazon.

However, if one more person tells me that it was A-MAAAAAA-ZING!!!!!, then I might just wait a bit to watch it. When movies are overhyped before I get to see them, I tend to be underwhelmed.
The thing is it is not possible to overhype this. It is the epitome of film making. It is the best movie there is. It is the best movie ever was. And the best movie there ever will be. Nuff` said.
"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

https://plushart.club
dirkadirka
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:12 pm

dylansdad wrote:However, if one more person tells me that it was A-MAAAAAA-ZING!!!!!, then I might just wait a bit to watch it. When movies are overhyped before I get to see them, I tend to be underwhelmed.
Agreed, I can't remember how many people said that The Hangover was THE FUNNIEST MOVIE EVER ZOMG!!! Kinda set the bar ridiculously high, it was pretty good but it was the funniest movie I ever saw (Monty Python and the Holy Grail still is for me)
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:17 pm

Drive can be seen the same way as any movie, you either enjoy it or you don't. But to me it's more than that, there's something special about it. I don't know if it's the amazing soundtrack, that cool retro tone of movies long gone, or the strong and silent archetype of the Driver character. It's just a movie that stays with you long after the credits roll.

That said, I'd really like to add Mondo's Drive to my collection.
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:18 pm

I'm not a fan of hyperbole myself but the hype around Drive is actually well deserved. It took me a while to get out to see it and once I did I fully understood the enthusiasm. It's a film for people who get boners about films.
ulrick
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:23 pm

I'm sorry for the stupid question but what is the defination of a poster buddy ? I keep seeing the term being used....

Thanks
- Ulrick

The great white buffalo!
dylansdad
Art Expert

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:24 pm

This hype should be turning me off from the movie, but I trust your taste too much.

I'll be watching Drive a week from tomorrow, and we'll see whether or not I'm motivated to go for the Mondo poster afterwards.
dylansdad
Art Expert

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:25 pm

ulrick wrote:I'm sorry for the stupid question but what is the defination of a poster buddy ? I keep seeing the term being used....

Thanks
A poster buddy is somebody who sits around and hits F5 so they can buy a highly coveted poster for you while you are out doing something else. Then they let you have it at cost.

It is customary to give them half of this necklace as a token of gratitude:

jbofctu
Art Expert

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:29 pm

Austin natives I have a question for you. How does the Alamo ticket pickup work?

If I buy two tickets for a friend who lives Austin, can they pick them up the day of the show, even if I put them in their name?

Or does the CC holder have to pick up the tickets?
ulrick
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:29 pm

dylansdad wrote:
ulrick wrote:I'm sorry for the stupid question but what is the defination of a poster buddy ? I keep seeing the term being used....

Thanks
A poster buddy is somebody who sits around and hits F5 so they can buy a highly coveted poster for you while you are out doing something else. Then they let you have it at cost.

It is customary to give them half of this necklace as a token of gratitude:

Damn I really want this necklace.
- Ulrick

The great white buffalo!
veltri
Art Expert

Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:34 pm

Based on the Drive sketch, it looks like the other posters used up the quota of heads.
strongstuff wrote: i want to watch those fools squirm.