Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
halftonegraphics
Art Freak
Posts: 15369
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:10 pm

Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:13 pm

Sold out.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
Posts: 25747
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:14 pm

Okay own up you goddamn addicts, who actually caved and bought this print set :roll:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0


"rara charta, gravi negotio"
User avatar
kryptonite
Art Expert
Posts: 1738
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2011 11:16 pm

Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:14 pm

Surprised it sold out so quick. Gigantic pass from me. Really shocked no horror print. Thought the missing email was some sort of clue. There goes two hours :hanging:
User avatar
4walls
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 376
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:52 pm
Location: Jacksonville, FL

Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:18 pm

Hope everyone enjoyed their practice round of f5ing..
Empty wall space? I'm not a communist!
User avatar
Dario33
Art Expert
Posts: 2085
Joined: Fri May 20, 2011 12:23 pm
Location: MSP

Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:21 pm

Wow - quick sellout.
User avatar
Diesmos
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 483
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:48 am
Location: Washington DC

Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:22 pm

rubberneck wrote:Okay own up you goddamn addicts, who actually caved and bought this print set :roll:
Yeah, a bunch of easy passes lately (with the big exceptions being Totoro and the Ansin Dracula). I know that everyone's got their different tastes, but I just can't imagine a scenario where a grown man would put that AT set up on their walls (those of you with teenage daughters and below, I'm not counting you).
User avatar
fnord
Art Expert
Posts: 7399
Joined: Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:19 pm

Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:28 pm

Looks like my guess that this would initially flip was wrong.
Still sold out pretty quickly for what it is.
DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Don't let these nerds hold you down, playa.

E
User avatar
machination
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 7847
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:08 pm
Location: Maple Leaf Land
Contact:

Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:29 pm

Diesmos wrote:
rubberneck wrote:Okay own up you goddamn addicts, who actually caved and bought this print set :roll:
Yeah, a bunch of easy passes lately (with the big exceptions being Totoro and the Ansin Dracula). I know that everyone's got their different tastes, but I just can't imagine a scenario where a grown man would put that AT set up on their walls (those of you with teenage daughters and below, I'm not counting you).
Some people think anime counts in that category...
Image
Riskbreaker
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 75
Joined: Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:19 pm

Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:34 pm

machination for the win!
User avatar
Diesmos
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 483
Joined: Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:48 am
Location: Washington DC

Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:37 pm

machination wrote:
Diesmos wrote:
rubberneck wrote:Okay own up you goddamn addicts, who actually caved and bought this print set :roll:
Yeah, a bunch of easy passes lately (with the big exceptions being Totoro and the Ansin Dracula). I know that everyone's got their different tastes, but I just can't imagine a scenario where a grown man would put that AT set up on their walls (those of you with teenage daughters and below, I'm not counting you).
Some people think anime counts in that category...
And for some pieces, they might just be right (and the reason I said "I know that everyone's got their different tastes"). That said, those prints look eerily like the ponies that Bends and Maiden put up while the mods sleep. :hanging:

EDIT: Thanks for your addition, Riskbreaker. Clearly, with only 7 posts thus far, we've got some great stuff to look forward to in the future from you. :pint:
Last edited by Diesmos on Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Super_Dank_Nugz
Art Expert
Posts: 1398
Joined: Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Jamaica Plain, MA

Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:37 pm

fnord wrote:Looks like my guess that this would initially flip was wrong.
Still sold out pretty quickly for what it is.
Yeah, no completed sales yet on eBay. I'm sure there will be some sales on eBay, but nothing compared to the usual Mondo flip.
User avatar
thebends9
Art Expert
Posts: 8835
Joined: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:00 am

Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:39 pm

Diesmos wrote: And for some pieces, they might just be right (and the reason I said "I know that everyone's got their different tastes"). That said, those prints look eerily like the ponies that Bends and Maiden put up while the mods sleep. :hanging:
Unfortunately they were then moved out of this thread. Funny, how they've now become quite relevant.
User avatar
sidewaysscott
Art God
Posts: 22102
Joined: Thu May 15, 2008 11:22 am
Location: denver

Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:42 pm

not surprised at all. All of the Tongs sold out for the Fairy Tale posters.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
User avatar
greenhorn1
Art Expert
Posts: 8779
Joined: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:00 am

Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:45 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:not surprised at all. All of the Tongs sold out for the Fairy Tale posters.
what do you mean? Rumple and cinderella are still available.
ISO Horkey Stacy Lowery Paleo Deck. $$$$$$$ (or trade)
User avatar
machination
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 7847
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:08 pm
Location: Maple Leaf Land
Contact:

Fri Jan 13, 2012 12:45 pm

thebends9 wrote:Unfortunately they were then moved out of this thread. Funny, how they've now become quite relevant.
The removal was all good by me (I'm the same way with any multiple/meme images posted in threads that aren't specifically for that purpose).
But yes, not completely irrelevant anymore.
Image
Locked