Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
RomanMorales
Art Expert

Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:07 pm

Pizz1449 wrote:AMEN.
PorkBelly wrote:
PaintByNumbers wrote:sounds awesome! considering flying in from boston...definitely sticking to my guess of Dawn of the Dead, in a mall, and with the VIP mention, I'm guessing George Romero will be there. That would definitely make the trip worthwhile (although I'm sure whatever it is it will be crazy). Can't wait!
Doing a Dawn of the Dead event anywhere other than Monroeville Mall in Pittsburgh would be a waste, especially if George Romero were involved.
I believe the Alamo tried to do that already and something fell through with the mall. I doubt they would want to go down that road again.
"Listen, the next revolution is gonna be a revolution of ideas." - Bill Hicks Image
charter
Art Expert

Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:36 pm

Ohhh Frank is on his way!!!
cutterbutter
Art Expert

Thu Oct 06, 2011 6:50 pm

If MMM9 ticket drop goes on monday while some of you are traveling, I'll ticket buddy for a pair (or whatever you want) if you'll poster buddy for me in return. Class permitting :? Either way, get at me once some info is out there.
noeldaddy
Art Expert

Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:07 pm

cutterbutter wrote:If MMM9 ticket drop goes on monday while some of you are traveling, I'll ticket buddy for a pair (or whatever you want) if you'll poster buddy for me in return. Class permitting :? Either way, get at me once some info is out there.
i'll take cutter's sloppy seconds. same offer as above, just go for him first. i'm free monday so i can definitely try for tix. but i'll ONLY try if someone pm's me, i don't want to take away from anyone else if i don't find a buddy
ImageImage
Cragars
Art Expert

Thu Oct 06, 2011 7:31 pm

This'll be in Austin? I'm gunna try for this.
charter
Art Expert

Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:48 pm

Did Justin say the last Austin MMM ever?
PaintByNumbers
Art Expert

Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:48 pm

Cragars wrote:This'll be in Austin? I'm gunna try for this.
what's Austin like in terms of getting around car-less? Is there a public transportation system that's pretty good? just wondering in case people fly in
If you would like to help those affected by the tragedy in Boston, please donate here : http://onefundboston.org/

'I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum. '
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:50 pm

PaintByNumbers wrote:
what's Austin like in terms of getting around car-less? Is there a public transportation system that's pretty good? just wondering in case people fly in
It's better to know someone with a car
itschris
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:53 pm

https://app.e2ma.net/app/view:CampaignP ... 7e49e42752

All FF prints up tommorrow whatever is left :pint:
Codeblue wrote:That might be one of the stupidest, most irresponsible things I've ever read.
jal9000
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:03 pm

charter wrote:Did Justin say the last Austin MMM ever?
The post read: "It will also be the last show of 2011 in Austin."

The way that sounds MMM X will happen this year but no telling where.
charter
Art Expert

Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:11 pm

I have said that this MMM will be the one I make it to but it being on Halloween has me having second thoughts that it will be a horror movie...and I don't care for 99% of horror movies. The Thing, Let the Right One In, AWIL, The Shining, Jaws, and Alien are about it for me.

It may not even be a Halloween movie but I would bet it is.
Last edited by charter on Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
harrykeogh
Art Expert

Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:11 pm

PaintByNumbers wrote:
I was wondering the same thing. If I fly in, I will need to use a taxi. Can't legally drive for another 2 months. Gotta be seizure free for 6 months straight before I can drive again. I have no idea how expensive taxis are. Never had to use one.
RomanMorales
Art Expert

Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:30 pm

harrykeogh wrote:
PaintByNumbers wrote:
I was wondering the same thing. If I fly in, I will need to use a taxi. Can't legally drive for another 2 months. Gotta be seizure free for 6 months straight before I can drive again. I have no idea how expensive taxis are. Never had to use one.
Expect about $10-$17 dollars, one way, in any location of south or central Austin. Anything less than $10 is probably walk sensible. Once you get into far north things get pricey.
"Listen, the next revolution is gonna be a revolution of ideas." - Bill Hicks Image
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:36 pm

Sucks that the Drive poster(s) got scrapped. But some of those FF posters look great.

Matthew Woodson / Ghostco, poster draft
harrykeogh
Art Expert

Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:40 pm

RomanMorales wrote:
harrykeogh wrote:
PaintByNumbers wrote:
Expect about $10-$17 dollars, one way, in any location of south or central Austin. Anything less than $10 is probably walk sensible. Once you get into far north things get pricey.
Damn. Taxis are expensive.