Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
thunderinthesky
Art Expert

Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:11 pm

toobs wrote:i asked Justin at the Frankenstein screening where his BTTF Nikes were, he said he couldn't afford them cause he didnt have $7k laying around.
I am surprised Mondo doesn't have a budget set aside for Justin to buy whatever clothes he needs. Being the face of a company, one would think you would want to represent it well and an investment in some Nike Air Mag's would certainly go a long way. Besides, he could have gotten them for around 3,500. Prices dropped off after first couple of days and you could get them at a reasonable price.
Looking for a place to crash in L.A. for MMM also, need a ride to the events. Will suply food and booze.
Gkohler
Art Expert

Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:45 pm

toobs wrote:
thunderinthesky wrote:
toobs wrote:i asked Justin at the Frankenstein screening where his BTTF Nikes were, he said he couldn't afford them cause he didnt have $7k laying around.
I am surprised Mondo doesn't have a budget set aside for Justin to buy whatever clothes he needs. Being the face of a company, one would think you would want to represent it well and an investment in some Nike Air Mag's would certainly go a long way. Besides, he could have gotten them for around 3,500. Prices dropped off after first couple of days and you could get them at a reasonable price.
I could never see myself paying more then a couple hundred dollars for a pair of shoes I really wanted let alone thousands, and I am frivolous mother fcuker.
dude, the first pair sold for $37,500 .. how cray is that! but like thunder said..price dropped to about 3,500..
"We're growing mold, on the fruits of our labors"
SurfingJeff
Art Expert

Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:49 pm

cjevy wrote:I'm sure this is a stupid question but what is the deal with varients at the MMM shows?? Are they extra $$ or randomly given out at the shows?? Just about 2 weeks now...
I'm curious about this as well. Can anyone fill us in? Starting to get very excited about MMM:LA.
T.H.C.
thunderinthesky
Art Expert

Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:51 pm

SurfingJeff wrote:
cjevy wrote:I'm sure this is a stupid question but what is the deal with varients at the MMM shows?? Are they extra $$ or randomly given out at the shows?? Just about 2 weeks now...
I'm curious about this as well. Can anyone fill us in? Starting to get very excited about MMM:LA.
Doubt it would be random, Mondo runs a business not a charity. If they do have variants expect to pay anywhere from 80-200 a pop.
Looking for a place to crash in L.A. for MMM also, need a ride to the events. Will suply food and booze.
emac
Art Expert

Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:53 pm

SurfingJeff wrote:
At MMM1, you only paid for a ticket and the poster cost was additional at the time of distribution. You could buy one reg or a reg and a variant per person. At MMM2, the reg poster was included in the ticket price, but you could buy 1 variant per person for $200 (plus tax) extra at time of distribution. I'm assuming that the MMM2 method is what's going to be he norm at future MMMs now.

So: reg comes with ticket, variant is extra at the show (while supplies last).
rmoore
Art Expert

Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:54 pm

thunderinthesky wrote: Doubt it would be random, Mondo runs a business not a charity.
Correct. Tyler Stout runs a charity.
RiotAct
EB Trainee

Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:54 pm

thunderinthesky wrote:
or, he could buy some nice shoes that aren't completely hideous (I'm referring to the Air Mag's, not whatever shoes he currently wears)
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.
jablack1111
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 28, 2011 1:56 pm

The Gate print looks nice. So does Olly's 'AWIL'. If anybody is heading to the Mondo store soon and wants to be my poster buddy, it would much be appreciated.
harrykeogh
Art Expert

Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:11 pm

Are there any Frankenstein prints left? If so, anyone willing to be a poster buddy for me. I can pay you today. Would like to complete the series.
Baker
Art Expert

Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:13 pm

harrykeogh wrote:Are there any Frankenstein prints left? If so, anyone willing to be a poster buddy for me. I can pay you today. Would like to complete the series.
Im not in Austin but I remember they said those guys were long gone, only sold 50 at FF.
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
jablack1111
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:17 pm

There will be online drops as soon as things settle down from Fantastic Fest.
Gkohler
Art Expert

Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:23 pm

Yeah I'm really impressed with how The Gate print came out...Phantom is really starting to put out some great looking stuff!
"We're growing mold, on the fruits of our labors"
blog
Art Expert

Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:54 pm

i just got back from Mondo

in the flat file:
Several AWILs left (all signed regular no variants)
The Gate
Inkeepers (I really liked this one)
Fantastic Fest poster
The Beyond (and variant)
there might have been 1 or 2 other things there, but nothing earthshattering

Seemed like lots of everything was still available AND the postcard sets for the Moss 2010 RR posters were at the register for $10

so go get over there and clean them out!
Last edited by blog on Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
╭∩╮ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ╭∩╮
blog
Art Expert

Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:56 pm

I'm just going to frame the postcards and stand really close to them and pretend i have the full set of posters
╭∩╮ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ╭∩╮
PorkBelly
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:57 pm

blog wrote:i just got back from Mondo

in the flat file:
Several AWILs left (all signed regular no variants)
The Gate
Inkeepers (I really liked this one)
Fantastic Fest poster
The Beyond (and variant)

Seemed like lots of everything was still available AND the postcard sets for the Moss 2010 RR posters were at the register for $10

so go get over there and clean them out!
Was House by the Cemetery gone?

I was hoping to snag that & The Beyond when Mondo does the online drop.