Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
black7towr
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 27, 2011 12:57 pm

If they are doing The Gate (which i love btw) then they may as well do a Ghoulies print. That movie is good fun.
emac
Art Expert

Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:09 pm

tehhippy wrote:
emac wrote:
toobs wrote:
thunderinthesky wrote:Looking at auctions, there is one dude with 3 AWIL prints up right now and he's already sold 4. That's a lot of poster buddies!

Do you have ideas/suggestions for framing the postcards? I've seen it framed before, but thinking of getting a cheap frame from Hobby Lobby for them. Glad Mondo had these on hand.
Thats lame, a lot of us out here and Cali have lent out a helping hand to many of you Austin folk for rides, finding places to stay, poster buddies ect... for MMMLA . . . Yet none of us have been able to get a AWIL and they've been available for 3 days, call it what you want whining, bitching, whatever, im jus tellin it how i see it . . . this isn't directed at anyone specific. I jus find it frustrating seeing tons of these AWIL prints jumpin up on eBay for $300-$400 multiple times by the same sellers who are obviously in Austin. Ok Now I'm Done. Love U.

I haven't asked for crash space or rides or anything other than info from LA peeps here, and I posted an open offer on Friday to pick up any non-Frank FF prints or Maniac vinyls for members. Only one person here asked me to grab an Innkeepers print -- that was it. Apparently poster buddy offers don't count if they're not for a hugely sought-after print? Don't be so quick to blast those of us who are just average collectors like you just because some other greedy folks rounded up all their buddies and bought up prints for resale.

Besides, you should also take into account that sometimes people just can't afford to drop cash for other people's prints even with promises of quick payment. It all depends.
It counts to me!
You only asked for the poster because you're secretly in love with me. Admit it. :heart:

And toobs and I are all good. :cheers: He has reason to feel frustrated, but the people to lecture are on eBay, probably not posting here. (Though we could be wrong...)
FlapJack
Art Expert

Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:13 pm

I hope none of you guys get your Mondo Gold Club privileges taken away for revealing that poster info to the rest of us scrubs. :P
oldboy
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:15 pm

Darsh wrote:I took a picture of it with my crappy iphone camera:

badass thanks for the pic. :notworthy: :drool:
Darsh
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:16 pm

FlapJack wrote:I hope none of you guys get your Mondo Gold Club privileges taken away for revealing that poster info to the rest of us scrubs. :P
Is it a secret or something? It's openly hanging on the wall at the store.
FlapJack
Art Expert

Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:17 pm

Darsh wrote:
FlapJack wrote:I hope none of you guys get your Mondo Gold Club privileges taken away for revealing that poster info to the rest of us scrubs. :P
Is it a secret or something? It's openly hanging on the wall at the store.
:wink:
acidburn
Art Daddy

Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:18 pm

toobs wrote:
black7towr wrote:If they are doing The Gate (which i love btw) then they may as well do a Ghoulies print. That movie is good fun.
^fcuk this guy^ ruined sitting on a toilet for a year at least
goonies goes to college made me a man

true story
SaintNoir
Art Expert

Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:19 pm

acidburn wrote:goonies goes to college made me a man
I missed that one... did Sloth take a tour of the Baby Ruth factory? :lol:
Inigo Montoya: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you.
Westley: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
RomanMorales
Art Expert

Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:25 pm

tehhippy wrote:
emac wrote:
toobs wrote:
thunderinthesky wrote:Looking at auctions, there is one dude with 3 AWIL prints up right now and he's already sold 4. That's a lot of poster buddies!

Do you have ideas/suggestions for framing the postcards? I've seen it framed before, but thinking of getting a cheap frame from Hobby Lobby for them. Glad Mondo had these on hand.
Thats lame, a lot of us out here and Cali have lent out a helping hand to many of you Austin folk for rides, finding places to stay, poster buddies ect... for MMMLA . . . Yet none of us have been able to get a AWIL and they've been available for 3 days, call it what you want whining, bitching, whatever, im jus tellin it how i see it . . . this isn't directed at anyone specific. I jus find it frustrating seeing tons of these AWIL prints jumpin up on eBay for $300-$400 multiple times by the same sellers who are obviously in Austin. Ok Now I'm Done. Love U.

I haven't asked for crash space or rides or anything other than info from LA peeps here, and I posted an open offer on Friday to pick up any non-Frank FF prints or Maniac vinyls for members. Only one person here asked me to grab an Innkeepers print -- that was it. Apparently poster buddy offers don't count if they're not for a hugely sought-after print? Don't be so quick to blast those of us who are just average collectors like you just because some other greedy folks rounded up all their buddies and bought up prints for resale.

Besides, you should also take into account that sometimes people just can't afford to drop cash for other people's prints even with promises of quick payment. It all depends.
It counts to me!
Right now Mondo has a one print per person policy period, so we are limited in the amount of people we can help. I have helped folks with every in store drop we have had. So have many others I stand in the lines with. All very gracious.

Usually I help those that have been cool to others on the board or have helped me in the past. Sometimes I will just randomly reach out to cool folks on the board to see if they need something.... I'll just say that bashing the folks in Austin is not a good way to get on anyones cool list here. What is that old saying..."you draw more bees with honey". So true.
"Listen, the next revolution is gonna be a revolution of ideas." - Bill Hicks Image
PorkBelly
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:28 pm

Any word when the stuff from FF is going to drop online?

Between Frankenstein, House by the Cemetery, & The Beyond, I don't know if I'll be able to get them if they drop at the same time.
Gkohler
Art Expert

Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:30 pm

toobs wrote:
oh thats dope, those lil claymation trolls used to freak me out, lil ankle biters (looks like Taylor to me). This movie and Ghoulies freaked me out, I wouldn't sit on a toilet for a while because of that bald head lil green fcuk!
"They'll get you in the end!"
ghoulies.jpg
"We're growing mold, on the fruits of our labors"
SaintNoir
Art Expert

Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:30 pm

RomanMorales wrote:What is that old saying..."you draw more bees with honey". So true.
Who wants to draw bees?!?! Those drymounters sting! :P
Inigo Montoya: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you.
Westley: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
chalkdust
Art Expert

Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:31 pm

.."Maybe I shouldn't be butting in here, but you can catch the most with dead squirrels."

Last edited by chalkdust on Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KrashKontrol
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:33 pm

SaintNoir wrote:
RomanMorales wrote:What is that old saying..."you draw more bees with honey". So true.
Who wants to draw bees?!?! Those drymounters sting! :P
ImageImageImageImageImage
rockbridge
Art Expert

Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:49 pm

Just stopped by Mondo to pick up an American Werewolf print....They still had about 45 left....