Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
haven
Art Expert

Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:46 pm

Awesome wrote:At least they are going to sell some Frankenstein posters online, but of course they bent over people that wanted the Werewolf poster that don't live in Austin.
Yeah, they should really make sure that any poster Awesome wants, Awesome gets.
srdzevon
Art Expert

Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:47 pm

You Austin folks need to start having some kids and getting them credit cards.

"Oh yeah, my 2 month old is a huge John Landis fan! Now stop slobering on that AmEx and hand it to the nice man Billy."
ImageX5 Hodor Image
nimsu8
Art Expert

Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:52 pm

haven wrote:
Awesome wrote:At least they are going to sell some Frankenstein posters online, but of course they bent over people that wanted the Werewolf poster that don't live in Austin.
seems to be what he expects... which I find especially funny since he lives in New York City which by far has the most exclusive releases for art and other 'collectibles' out of anywhere.
Anonymous - "One of these days I'm going to type something clever or funny and it will end up as someone signature...one of these days"
rubenjleal
Art Connoisseur

Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:54 pm

MondoFanMichael wrote:I think Austin poster buddies have done what they can. This is a "must have" for pretty much everyone. They know us at the store and are strict with the one per rule. We can't just go in there and buy them up and distribute on EB. I even recruited my wife to help on Sunday. Hell freezes! Pigs fly! 8) Nah she was happy to do it. Once. :lol:
He's totally right. I tried going in about an hour ago to get a regular for a EBeaner, and they said they can't sell any to people they recognize who got prints this weekend, even if you're being a poster buddy. It is what it is. :roll:
ISO: Stout Revenge of the Jedi
ISO: Slater Occasional Acid Flashback variant
ISO: Ansin Moon (reg)
Awesome
Art Expert

Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:55 pm

I like how many people are high on conformity on this website.

I love it.
Awesome
Art Expert

Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:59 pm

nimsu8 wrote:
haven wrote:
seems to be what he expects... which I find especially funny since he lives in New York City which by far has the most exclusive releases for art and other 'collectibles' out of anywhere.
It's kind of difficult to go and get those " collectibles " when you have multiple sclerosis.
rubenjleal
Art Connoisseur

Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:00 pm

Oh a different note, anyone know if the Olly Moss Rolling Roadshow postcards are on here? I've tried looking under his collection as well as searching "post cards" & "hand bills", but come up empty. I got a set this weekend and wouldn't mind adding them to my collection, but can't seem to locate them. Thx.
ISO: Stout Revenge of the Jedi
ISO: Slater Occasional Acid Flashback variant
ISO: Ansin Moon (reg)
nimsu8
Art Expert

Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:05 pm

rubenjleal wrote:Oh a different note, anyone know if the Olly Moss Rolling Roadshow postcards are on here? I've tried looking under his collection as well as searching "post cards" & "hand bills", but come up empty. I got a set this weekend and wouldn't mind adding them to my collection, but can't seem to locate them. Thx.
I dont think the set is. Just the individuals
Anonymous - "One of these days I'm going to type something clever or funny and it will end up as someone signature...one of these days"
MastaMonk
Art Expert

Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:08 pm

MondoFanMichael wrote:I think Austin poster buddies have done what they can. This is a "must have" for pretty much everyone. They know us at the store and are strict with the one per rule. We can't just go in there and buy them up and distribute on EB. I even recruited my wife to help on Sunday. Hell freezes! Pigs fly! 8) Nah she was happy to do it. Once. :lol:
Hell yea Mike! :rock: :rock: :rock:
haven
Art Expert

Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:15 pm

Awesome wrote:
nimsu8 wrote:
haven wrote:
It's kind of difficult to go and get those " collectibles " when you have multiple sclerosis.
Well I'm sure that makes getting to Fantastic Fest difficult, but it still doesn't mean Mondo bent you over because they chose to sell the extras in store.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:17 pm

Hit up Justin, "Make a Wish" stylie.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Awesome
Art Expert

Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:23 pm

The Make-A-Wish Foundation is mostly for children with near terminal or terminal conditions, I don't, even though all human beings are indeed terminal.
Awesome
Art Expert

Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:24 pm

Well I'm sure that makes getting to Fantastic Fest difficult, but it still doesn't mean Mondo bent you over because they chose to sell the extras in store.
I am not the only person that was bent over and feels this way.
RiotAct
EB Trainee

Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:26 pm

charter wrote:Olly still has his to sell. Everyone still has a chance.
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.
haven
Art Expert

Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:31 pm

Awesome wrote:
I am not the only person that was bent over and feels this way.
Well of course you're not, there's lots of people who feel it's a grave injustice when they miss out on a poster they want.