Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
charter
Art Expert

Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:18 pm

mcnail wrote:For the record, every Mondo employee (including myself) loves Austen.

We all do. We all do.
acidburn
Art Daddy

Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:20 pm

also..id like to add that its pretty awesome what they are doing for the Beverly.

This is a theater that was basically on the verge of bankruptcy that was saved by Quentin Tarantino and while it was saved, its still prob struggling.

Mondo events there could def help pay some bills and keep old cinema alive.
FlapJack
Art Expert

Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:21 pm

SaintNoir wrote:Bit frustrated to see about stein at FF. Had pb Lined up last night... Called them off... And now look to get burned for it. Awesome. :hanging:
Huh? What's this?
SaintNoir
Art Expert

Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:22 pm

New Bev is great and will be fine as long as QT is the owner. He said so himself. :lol:
Inigo Montoya: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you.
Westley: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert

Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:24 pm

Austin and Alamo was awesome. Does anyone know where you can find a copy online of that video before the movie with Abe Lincoln?? That was hilarious.
rmoore wrote:Can't trust someone that doesn't like Jurassic Park...
fanboy
Art Expert

Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:29 pm

really wish i could have seen frankenstein up on the big screen last night. that cool fudge doesn't happen in northern minnesota. the poster looks absolutely amazing! i'm really hoping i can score one if this ever drops online. but, with the numbers being thrown around i'm not getting too excited about it. congrats to those who got one last night, that has to be the gem of any collection.
ironjaiden wrote:I'm a whore so I'll draw whatever you want for a warm meal and a dirty hand job. Every artist is different.
Diesmos
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:31 pm

chisoxfan2424 wrote:Austin and Alamo was awesome. Does anyone know where you can find a copy online of that video before the movie with Abe Lincoln?? That was hilarious.
Whitest Guys U'Know - Abe Lincoln
Cragars
Art Expert

Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:41 pm

lol at going to LA to be a big player. Takes more balls to get to that point in a "lesser" city, to not take the path of least resistance. shiiiiiiiit
kansasbbq
Art God

Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:49 pm

SaintNoir wrote:Bit frustrated to see about stein at FF. Had pb Lined up last night... Called them off... And now look to get burned for it. Awesome. :hanging:
Bummer! But there's still hope....
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
spankman
Art Expert

Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:58 pm

mcnail wrote:For the record, every Mondo employee (including myself) loves Austin.
any insider news on what time tickets are dropping today and I forgot to thank u for the info given after one of my posts 8)
"I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard.” Mike Tyson
black7towr
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:58 pm

I'd like to jut say that i had a great time lastnight. I met some old friends, made some new friends and got a chance to talk with Clu Gulager in the lobby after the show. He's a great guy btw.
black7towr
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:59 pm

spankman wrote:
mcnail wrote:For the record, every Mondo employee (including myself) loves Austin.
any insider news on what time tickets are dropping today and I forgot to thank u for the info given after one of my posts 8)
Justin said sometime between Noon-3pm. I'm guessing he was talking pacific time.
thunderinthesky
Art Expert

Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:14 pm

going for Sunday night late showing tickets 4 total so if anyone wants to trade singles to other shows for the other 3 tickets I got PM me. I will confirm with you once they go on sale. Wish me luck and good luck to everyone else.

Also with the other 2 shows since we can only buy 4 tickets I will be looking for ticket buddies. I am flying from Austin so I'd really like to make it to all 6 showings if possible. I'd be willing to trade prints or purchase(preferably for a fair cost)

Thanks!
Looking for a place to crash in L.A. for MMM also, need a ride to the events. Will suply food and booze.
busstees
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:16 pm

Are they going on brownpapertickets??
Diesmos
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:20 pm

thunderinthesky wrote:going for Sunday night late showing tickets 4 total so if anyone wants to trade singles to other shows for the other 3 tickets I got PM me. I will confirm with you once they go on sale. Wish me luck and good luck to everyone else.

Also with the other 2 shows since we can only buy 4 tickets I will be looking for ticket buddies. I am flying from Austin so I'd really like to make it to all 6 showings if possible. I'd be willing to trade prints or purchase(preferably for a fair cost)

Thanks!
Yeah, I think at this point I'll be selling by Moss Evil Dead, Stout Kill Bill and whatever else just to fund this little adventure... :shock: