Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
spankman
Art Expert

Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:30 pm

Dear Mr. Mondo Guy- Predator, Predator, Predator, Predator, Predator......
Last edited by spankman on Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard.” Mike Tyson
netluffyg
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:32 pm

RiotAct wrote:<--- patiently awaiting the "Bug's Life" print by Aaron Horkey
Everything about this idea gives me goosebumps.
adamsmasher wrote: There is not enough wall space for ambivalence.
ISO: Ansin's Phantom of the Opera (reg) & Metropolis (silver)
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:38 pm

netluffyg wrote:
RiotAct wrote:<--- patiently awaiting the "Bug's Life" print by Aaron Horkey
Everything about this idea gives me goosebumps.
Yeah, that'd be amazing.
austx117
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:38 pm

Enaf tahlk! Weeen dew wi geet CONAN!

holycow
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:40 pm

glad so many people are passing on the monsters inc because imo it looks killer. the first one in the disney series i've been interested in. but i agree with other people that it would be cool to see other artists besides whalen.
SaintNoir
Art Expert

Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:43 pm

holycow wrote:glad so many people are passing on the monsters inc because imo it looks killer. the first one in the disney series i've been interested in. but i agree with other people that it would be cool to see other artists besides whalen.
It's definitely a great image. I think the colors are a bit off, but I'd be all over it if it weren't for the 45 other Whalen posters this year.

But any week that is a pass feels like a small victory. So, no real complaints here. :P
Inigo Montoya: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you.
Westley: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
nimsu8
Art Expert

Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:45 pm

JustinIshmael wrote:Just to squash all of the "people were buying 10 Mystery Movie tickets" rumor, nobody bought over four. People weren't taking advantage.

hmmm. the guy next to me said he was part of a group of 6 and his boss bought them all tickets to come and get a poster.. even said his boss was a member of EB
Anonymous - "One of these days I'm going to type something clever or funny and it will end up as someone signature...one of these days"
SaintNoir
Art Expert

Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:47 pm

nimsu8 wrote:
JustinIshmael wrote:Just to squash all of the "people were buying 10 Mystery Movie tickets" rumor, nobody bought over four. People weren't taking advantage.

hmmm. the guy next to me said he was part of a group of 6 and his boss bought them all tickets to come and get a poster.. even said his boss was a member of EB
WHO'S THE BOSS??!?!
Inigo Montoya: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you.
Westley: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
nimsu8
Art Expert

Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:47 pm

SaintNoir wrote:
holycow wrote:glad so many people are passing on the monsters inc because imo it looks killer. the first one in the disney series i've been interested in. but i agree with other people that it would be cool to see other artists besides whalen.
It's definitely a great image. I think the colors are a bit off, but I'd be all over it if it weren't for the 45 other Whalen posters this year.

But any week that is a pass feels like a small victory. So, no real complaints here. :P
the colors are off especially when pixar and that movie are known for their vibrant colors.
Anonymous - "One of these days I'm going to type something clever or funny and it will end up as someone signature...one of these days"
nopey23
Art Enthusiast

Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:50 pm

I like the Monsters print - I think the style works and if you tried to get the vibrant colors from the actual film it might not translate so well onto a screenprint (could be wrong).

That said... bring on Wall-E and the Incredibles... :drool:
Mista2x
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:57 pm

OK, I updated my ISO list for those interested in my JP reg print. If you want buy it, then PM serious offers and I will consider. Awesome poster and artwork, I'm just not a JP fan.
FlapJack
Art Expert

Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:57 pm

SaintNoir wrote:
nimsu8 wrote:
WHO'S THE BOSS??!?!
danza1.jpg
I was thinking maybe this guy
bosshog.jpg
nimsu8
Art Expert

Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:59 pm

Ugh. You guys are so childish and immature. I located a picture of the guy.

fanboy
Art Expert

Thu Sep 01, 2011 12:59 pm

i like the idea of a pixar series. but, seeing how i just got my son the 25 years of pixar print, i don't really need an entire series. when a toy story print drops i'll probably get that for his room but would pass on most everything else.
ironjaiden wrote:I'm a whore so I'll draw whatever you want for a warm meal and a dirty hand job. Every artist is different.
meskell
Art Expert

Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:24 pm

Wanda: I can't stand people. I hate them. Do you hate them?
Henry: No, but I seem to feel better when they're not around.