Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
kansasbbq
Art God

Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:15 am

RelaxingDragon wrote:
blog wrote:Inquiring minds want to know: When the hell do we get a Mondo Attack the Block poster?
Fourth posts are always the most important. When indeed?
Agreed. We definitely need a print for one of the best movies so far this year.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
fluffhead13
Art Expert

Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:18 am

I'm still waiting and hoping for a Planet of the Ages paper print release from Mondo. This week hopefully? Kind of surprised it hasnt been released since the movie has bee out for 2-3 weeks now.
PorkBelly
Art Connoisseur

Sun Aug 21, 2011 10:56 am

fluffhead13 wrote:I'm still waiting and hoping for a Planet of the Ages paper print release from Mondo. This week hopefully? Kind of surprised it hasnt been released since the movie has bee out for 2-3 weeks now.
it's gotta be coming soon given the release of the Mummy & Invisible Man which were both SDCC debuts. Is the Danger Star Trek the only other SDCC that hasn't been released yet?

But honestly, I'm more interested in the Struzan Frankenstein & the Ansin Conan that has been teased in sticker form.
fluffhead13
Art Expert

Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:00 am

Ansin Conan, i forgot about that sticker teaser. i'm really looking forward to that one too. ive been passing on the past couple of Mondo sales, and am waiting for conan and apes. I need to go see the new Planet of the Apes film.
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:09 am

fluffhead13 wrote:I need to go see the new Planet of the Apes film.
I'm sure you've already heard but it's surprisingly cool. Well worth a trip to the theater. :pint:
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:10 am

fluffhead13 wrote:Ansin Conan, i forgot about that sticker teaser. i'm really looking forward to that one too. ive been passing on the past couple of Mondo sales, and am waiting for conan and apes. I need to go see the new Planet of the Apes film.
Just picked up Conan on Blu-ray, so I'm really waiting with anticipation on that Ansin!
fluffhead13
Art Expert

Sun Aug 21, 2011 11:15 am

Darkknight37 wrote:
fluffhead13 wrote:Ansin Conan, i forgot about that sticker teaser. i'm really looking forward to that one too. ive been passing on the past couple of Mondo sales, and am waiting for conan and apes. I need to go see the new Planet of the Apes film.
Just picked up Conan on Blu-ray, so I'm really waiting with anticipation on that Ansin!
yeah i had completely forgot about that sticker. I'm stoked for the print. Heard the new movie isnt very good though and was graded a D.

Apes on the other hand looks stellar!! I think I'm going to go see it tonight. The originals are some of my fav all-time films. Same for the original Conan movies. They've been playing the Conan movies several times a week TV. i love it! great memories of when i was a kid.

Hasn't it been fun and amazing watching Mondo grow and establish themselves? They inspire me seriously.
KrashKontrol
Art Connoisseur

Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:49 pm

I do like the fact that Mondo has established itself greatly, with Drew Struzan working with them now, I wonder if they can reach other artists...maybe Basil Gogos? Ahh, just wishfull thinking, Mondo has done an incredible job.
ImageImageImageImageImage
fluffhead13
Art Expert

Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:55 pm

KrashKontrol wrote:I do like the fact that Mondo has established itself greatly, with Drew Struzan working with them now, I wonder if they can reach other artists...maybe Basil Gogos? Ahh, just wishfull thinking, Mondo has done an incredible job.
good point which i wasnt really thinking about. they have been able to get a lot of new artists on board which is great! i'd love to see a James Jean, Josh Keyes, mbw, invader print, and the list goes on and on and on, and Jose Parla! (which I'd bet the farm would never happen unfortunately). Guess Jose is anti-print, but I was hoping that would change after that last le litho release.

Mondo has taught me a lot, for sure. It's been absolutely wonderful watching them grow, just as I have watched Jonathan LeVine gallery from from a shared shop in New Hope, PA, to Philly, to the Big Apple. Amazing!
cinematical
Art Expert

Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:19 pm

I want a Mondo Banksy print.
Diesmos
Art Connoisseur

Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:33 pm

fluffhead13 wrote:
KrashKontrol wrote:I do like the fact that Mondo has established itself greatly, with Drew Struzan working with them now, I wonder if they can reach other artists...maybe Basil Gogos? Ahh, just wishfull thinking, Mondo has done an incredible job.
good point which i wasnt really thinking about. they have been able to get a lot of new artists on board which is great! i'd love to see a James Jean, Josh Keyes, mbw, invader print, and the list goes on and on and on, and Jose Parla! (which I'd bet the farm would never happen unfortunately). Guess Jose is anti-print, but I was hoping that would change after that last le litho release.

Mondo has taught me a lot, for sure. It's been absolutely wonderful watching them grow, just as I have watched Jonathan LeVine gallery from from a shared shop in New Hope, PA, to Philly, to the Big Apple. Amazing!
Being from New Hope, I definitely would've preferred us having Mondo instead, but I see your point...
emac
Art Expert

Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:45 am

Not related to Mondo except that there has been a Scott Pilgrim poster (and was Hot Fuzztival a Mondo thing?), but Amazon UK has region-free Blu-ray 3-pack of Scott Pilgrim, Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz for GBP 14.47 (approx. $24) plus a few bucks shipping. I've gotten some good Blu-ray deals by buying from Amazon UK rather than US (Alien Quadrilogy for at least $20-$30 cheaper than the US price, for example), and the only thing is that you have to wait longer to get it.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Scott-Pilgrim-W ... VCX2FTXAH2
blog
Art Expert

Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:12 pm

Pretty great deal for 3 of the finest films from the last decade
╭∩╮ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ╭∩╮
FlapJack
Art Expert

Mon Aug 22, 2011 12:30 pm

Frankenstein. Let's do this.

8)
busstees
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:25 pm

toobs wrote:Got 2 more guesses for MMM2 how bout Short Circuit 2 or Gremlins New Batch - Both pretty good sequels IMHO
Too short, but I do love Gremlins 2.