Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
fallenangel1
Art Expert

Sat Aug 13, 2011 7:45 am

I can only guess as well to why some people get offers of partial refund or a return label to swap their prints out with a new one .. I think it may have something to do with the type of damage and possibly who the buyer is and who you get when you email/call customer service (hence the wide variation of possibilities) .. I had a print that got used as a flotation device in some USPS workers swimming pool, so I emailed Mondo with half a dozen pictures of the wet print and they just sent me a new one. They never even asked for the old one back. Im sure if it was something like a ding on the edge they may offer $ or to return it .. I bet they can sell some S&D stuff almost at full value and not be out too much after all the shipping costs.
Buy and sell pop-culture items!
https://GetKulture.com/
Dnovi
Art Expert

Sat Aug 13, 2011 9:42 am

fallenangel1 wrote:I had a print that got used as a flotation device in some USPS workers swimming pool, so I emailed Mondo with half a dozen pictures of the wet print and they just sent me a new one.
Post those pictures if you still have them!

The CA updates are making it sound like no one received a mint print. It's going to stress me out until mine arrive.
mike123230
Art Expert

Sat Aug 13, 2011 10:31 am

blog wrote:
MondoFanMichael wrote:Yeah the first time I saw my Olly ROTJ I thought something was seriously wrong with it.
Same here. I left them in the tubes for a couple weeks, and when i finally pulled them out for framing, I think some poo came out. I somehow teleported to the computer and satisfied myself that they are supposed to look like that.
Same here. I was still shocked that I was able to get these, so I had that "I just stole something" feeling of euphoria...then I unrolled them and my heart sank...until I realized that's how it was meant to look.
DickButt
Art Expert

Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:09 am

thekharmainitiative wrote:
DickButt wrote:
ironjaiden wrote:
billyjorge wrote: i emailed them pics of the damage and mo told me he would send a return label and they would replace :clap: another eb member had a similar experience as me although with another print...they must hold a few prints of each run to replace the damaged ones with...all i can say is thank you mondo for making things right
In my years as a Mondo customer this has always been my experience when something goes south. They're very cool that way.
Glad to hear it. I'm confused though, seeing as how I got a completely different story and I emailed them first. Is it possible that Mondo sends replacements to only prints that really more damaged than others? I'm not sure where your damage was, but mine was on the edge of the print, and will frame out just fine. It's not mint by any means, which is why I sent a picture and inquired about a replacement, but maybe if your print was damaged in an area that would not be covered by a frame, they immediately offered a replacement.
No one's commenting on this, it's a strange difference in responses. Maybe you each spoke with someone different? Not long ago they made some changes with their employees (Mo was hired amongst other stuff) and I think they somehow got rid of someone who might not have been as gung-ho about customer service as they would have liked (total speculation). But from everything I've read and the folks I met, they have a great team now. Maybe some simple miscommunication? You could try asking again, maybe the situation has changed and they can now replace yours. How does your damage compare to billyjorge?

Or it could be they just have a problem with your EB name.
I spoke to Mo as well. I will admit my damage is not as bad, only because mine will frame out and his probably wouldn't completely. I also emailed earlier, so perhaps they had not shipped out all the prints and therefore there was a different answer. Either way, 2 damaged prints, 2 different answers. Regardless, I have no complaints with their customer service. Both times I've had problems they have been quick to respond.
billyjorge
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:28 am

if you like i could either post all the pics here or email you them, so you can compare the difference, honestly though i saw your pics on another thread and yours looked larger then mine. On my print it had two indentations what looked like someone grabbed it really hard with their thumbs when they picked it up and also the top of the print was somewhat indented although i didn't notice this until i had already contacted mondo. Also i posted one pick of the damage on this thread, i think one page back. Did you send Mondo pics? If not in the future you probably should. Having said all that mondo did right by me and i'm more than happy with their customer service.
morbidaj
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:03 pm

Just unrolled my stout CA and have a similar dent/crease on the lower left side like everyone else is reporting.
thekharmainitiative
Art Expert

Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:32 pm

Bodes well for the S&D flatfile.
WhoLikesRingo wrote:This single post led to a roller coaster of emotion. Congrats kharma, king of the thread.
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert

Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:05 pm

thekharmainitiative wrote:Bodes well for the S&D flatfile.
Thats what I was thinking... :D
Haha sorry for being greedy guys, hope y'all are able to get your issues sorted out.
morbidaj
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:13 pm

billyjorge
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:48 pm

thats exactly how mine looked, except with two of the dents and mine were slightly deeper in on the print, at least judging from the pics
swabie2424
Art Expert

Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:01 pm

I just wanted to say a big thank you to my poster buddy who scored me the Stout Captain America! Gotta get it open to see if I have the dreaded crease.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:05 pm

Those creases are absolutely hideous! You guys should get those things outta the house immediately. I'm gonna go ahead and offer $40 for each of those absolutely ruined Cap posters.
I know I know I'm being too generous but hey, I'm just that kinda guy. 8)
thekharmainitiative
Art Expert

Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:12 pm

daviddelgadoh wrote:
thekharmainitiative wrote:Bodes well for the S&D flatfile.
Thats what I was thinking... :D
Haha sorry for being greedy guys, hope y'all are able to get your issues sorted out.
there's always the scratch and dent thread just in case... :P
WhoLikesRingo wrote:This single post led to a roller coaster of emotion. Congrats kharma, king of the thread.
emac
Art Expert

Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:07 pm

I've got both coming to me from buddies, and I know the variant has an edge ding on it. However, I don't think it's nearly as bad as some of the creases showing up in this thread. I don't know about the regular.

The waiting is the hardest part. :hanging:
ericgarza1201
Art Connoisseur

Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:10 pm

emac wrote:I've got both coming to me from buddies, and I know the variant has an edge ding on it. However, I don't think it's nearly as bad as some of the creases showing up in this thread. I don't know about the regular.

The waiting is the hardest part. :hanging:
I just re-examined my regular and zero damage/creases. It's a bummer some folks are finding blemishes to theirs, but great knowing Mondo is helping out to the best of their abilities.

Fingers crossed to you getting an unharmed print, emac!