Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
mike123230
Art Expert

Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:46 am

I wonder if after the last couple of early drops, they're going to take it easy and do it later that usual...
MarshMan65
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:47 am

SaintNoir wrote:
dirkadirka wrote:I dont think it will implode, but Ansin does have a pretty solid following. Especially when Conan drops...that will be the big one.
Yeah, he has a nice following and is one of my absolute favs... but in the immediate months afterwards you can always grab them for cost.
I think Mummy is going to stay up in price for a while...
Mondo Drops Are Built On Hope.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:49 am

RiotAct wrote:gotta laugh at the people who always stress out over most Mondo drops - just pick one up off eBay or here in a couple weeks for cost, or close to it, if you miss out.
So you'll sell me your Moss Star Wars or Stout Kill Bill "for cost, or close to it"?
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
kannibaliztik
Art Expert

Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:49 am

Try telling that to everyone looking for his Bride print.... :wink:
"We can hold out through this endless dark, all a fire needs is a single spark"
SaintNoir
Art Expert

Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:50 am

MarshMan65 wrote:I think Mummy is going to stay up in price for a while...
Maybe... but it has 3 different ones out there, none with tiny runs. So there will be plenty, imo. The price on some of Ansin's older prints has started to climb rapidly. Maybe he has made it... :lol:

Bout time.
Inigo Montoya: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you.
Westley: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
rubberneck
Art God

Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:51 am

I was totally meh on the Captain America prints, then they popped up, I grabbed the Stout variant and Moss set, went to check out and was then asked to log in. System had somehow kicked me out. I then did so but resigned to the fact I'd probably loose both or all, but the system went thru its process and I checked out sucessfully. It took longer than normal but I scored :?

Other days, I hover on the page, jump on the add to cart on the first refresh and lose the print at checkout....

There is still an element of luck to this process...makes it fun though!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
piratesprayer
Art Expert

Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:52 am

SaintNoir wrote:
harrykeogh wrote:
piratesprayer wrote:Can anyone be a poster buddy for me to get the Ansin mummy variant? I'm stuck at work
I'll try for you.
Beat me. :lol:
Which one of you has better luck at scoring on the drops?
talkingdeads wrote:My nipples just did a back flip!
sirpsychoswayze
Art Enthusiast

Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:52 am

Crossing my fingers here. If I manage to snag one, it'll be my first Ansin. As a total Universal Monsters dork, I've loved his entire run, but haven't had the coin to grab the Bride and Phantom prints. Glad to see that "The Mummy" is pretty much every ounce their equal.
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert

Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:53 am

Is Ansin going to do a Dracula also?? Or is the Horkey one all we get
rmoore wrote:Can't trust someone that doesn't like Jurassic Park...
SaintNoir
Art Expert

Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:55 am

piratesprayer wrote:Which one of you has better luck at scoring on the drops?

If I'm at my computer, I am undefeated. But if keogh is not going for anything else, he is probably your best bet as I am going for a poster. :wink:
Inigo Montoya: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you.
Westley: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
dirkadirka
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:55 am

SaintNoir wrote:Maybe... but it has 3 different ones out there, none with tiny runs. So there will be plenty, imo. The price on some of Ansin's older prints has started to climb rapidly. Maybe he has made it... :lol:

Bout time.
And if you can get your hands on "A Wretched Hive" I cannot recommend that enough if you are an Ansin fan. Got that one from ironjaiden at a hookup price. It is gorgeous.
harrykeogh
Art Expert

Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:56 am

piratesprayer wrote:
SaintNoir wrote:
harrykeogh wrote:
piratesprayer wrote:Can anyone be a poster buddy for me to get the Ansin mummy variant? I'm stuck at work
I'll try for you.
Beat me. :lol:
Which one of you has better luck at scoring on the drops?
Well, my only miss so far has been Sanctuary Moon. I scored both versions of Stouts Star Wars, Stouts Kill Bill, Ansins Bride, etc. Today will be a failure though.
harrykeogh
Art Expert

Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:56 am

I am going for a regular Mummy though.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:57 am

SaintNoir wrote:
piratesprayer wrote:Which one of you has better luck at scoring on the drops?

If I'm at my computer, I am undefeated. But if keogh is not going for anything else, he is probably your best bet as I am going for a poster. :wink:
Jinx! :shock: Now you're bound to fail. Sorry, I don't make the rules.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
emac
Art Expert

Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:59 am

dirkadirka wrote:
SaintNoir wrote:Maybe... but it has 3 different ones out there, none with tiny runs. So there will be plenty, imo. The price on some of Ansin's older prints has started to climb rapidly. Maybe he has made it... :lol:

Bout time.
And if you can get your hands on "A Wretched Hive" I cannot recommend that enough if you are an Ansin fan. Got that one from ironjaiden at a hookup price. It is gorgeous.
I forgot earlier that I also owned the regular Wretched Hive at one point, but I gave it to a friend because I knew it wouldn't make the walls. (I am having enough trouble convincing my significant other to let me hang the Stout SW set and display some other smaller SW stuff, so plastering the walls with tons of different SW posters just wasn't going to fly. :() Wretched Hive is indeed a beautiful piece.