Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
ericgarza1201
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:41 pm

theartofliving wrote:anything cool in the flat file at s.lamar?
The Rolling Roadshow prints are there. I saw one Ken Taylor Star Trek: First Contact print. Two Devil's Backbone prints and a Cronos variant. Also two Moss Source Code. I'm pretty sure that was everything.
theartofliving
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:47 pm

hm....cronos variant would be cool to have. I wish I didnt live up north, would make trips to mondo a lot easier.
ericgarza1201
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:57 pm

theartofliving wrote:hm....cronos variant would be cool to have. I wish I didnt live up north, would make trips to mondo a lot easier.
I bought a regular Cronos about 3 or 4 weeks ago when I went to see Harry Potter and the variant has been there since then. Shoot me a PM if you'd like me to try and pick it up for you. Just an FYI, it's in the "scratch & dent" drawer so it's a damaged print that was returned for whatever reason. I don't know to what extent, but my "damaged/returned" reg Cronos is in great condition with no immediately visible flaws and no creases or bends.

Edit: just saw you're location is Austin... so I assume you're just in north Austin. In that case, like I said, the Cronos variant has been in the file for at least 3 weeks underneath two Devil's Backbone prints. You'd likely score it even if you made a trip down this weekend or something. You can catch a movie, too.
theartofliving
Art Connoisseur

Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:10 pm

my main problem is that my main source of transportation is the bus, but tomorrow would be a good time to catch attack the block so ill do just that
RiotAct
EB Trainee

Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:40 pm

Imitation is the highest form of flattery :roll:

http://shop.ebay.com/chestercopperpot41 ... 4340.l2562
1000steps wrote:Gift payments are like unprotected sex - always a bad idea with strangers... If you are gonna do it, do it with someone you trust absolutely.
Darkknight37
Art Expert

Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:56 pm

Not gonna lie, I do like his member ID. Goonies never say die!
sixstringer
Art Expert

Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:01 pm

RiotAct wrote:Imitation is the highest form of flattery :roll:

http://shop.ebay.com/chestercopperpot41 ... 4340.l2562
That's pretty ballsy err...stupid. Kinkade must have caught on to him so he's looking for new material to peddle.
Jon1701
Art Expert

Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:58 pm

ericgarza1201 wrote:
theartofliving wrote:hm....cronos variant would be cool to have. I wish I didnt live up north, would make trips to mondo a lot easier.
I bought a regular Cronos about 3 or 4 weeks ago when I went to see Harry Potter and the variant has been there since then. Shoot me a PM if you'd like me to try and pick it up for you. Just an FYI, it's in the "scratch & dent" drawer so it's a damaged print that was returned for whatever reason. I don't know to what extent, but my "damaged/returned" reg Cronos is in great condition with no immediately visible flaws and no creases or bends.

Edit: just saw you're location is Austin... so I assume you're just in north Austin. In that case, like I said, the Cronos variant has been in the file for at least 3 weeks underneath two Devil's Backbone prints. You'd likely score it even if you made a trip down this weekend or something. You can catch a movie, too.
Saw that one. From certain angles thers scuffi g and what looks like a hand imprint on it lol
“Encapsulate the spirit of melancholy. Easy. Boom, a sad desk. Boom, sad wall. It’s art. Anything is anything.”
thunderinthesky
Art Expert

Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:46 pm

theartofliving wrote:my main problem is that my main source of transportation is the bus, but tomorrow would be a good time to catch attack the block so ill do just that
I really wish the drafthouse wasn't such a pain in the ass to get to on the bus, I live just a few miles east of there, but I have to go Northeast then South to get there. I hate coming back on the bus with a hand full of rolled posters.
Looking for a place to crash in L.A. for MMM also, need a ride to the events. Will suply food and booze.
RomanMorales
Art Expert

Wed Aug 10, 2011 2:54 am

theartofliving wrote:anything cool in the flat file at s.lamar?
Nah... They've been to busy with the CA stuff.
"Listen, the next revolution is gonna be a revolution of ideas." - Bill Hicks Image
dirkadirka
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:06 pm

This is way too quiet for a Wednesday on the Mondo thread. Usually by now there's some speculation going on for the assumed weekly drop. So I'll throw it out a guess that it's Ansin's Mummy and Planet of the Apes. Anyone else have any thoughts?
CrustaR
Art Expert

Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:08 pm

dirkadirka wrote:This is way too quiet for a Wednesday on the Mondo thread. Usually by now there's some speculation going on for the assumed weekly drop. So I'll throw it out a guess that it's Ansin's Mummy and Planet of the Apes. Anyone else have any thoughts?
An Ansin Conan print would be epic.
pewter14 wrote:You're not the only one on the hunt for The Thing ... just ... the most obvious ... by a lot.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:11 pm

dirkadirka wrote:This is way too quiet for a Wednesday on the Mondo thread. Usually by now there's some speculation going on for the assumed weekly drop. So I'll throw it out a guess that it's Ansin's Mummy and Planet of the Apes. Anyone else have any thoughts?
Planet of the Apes would make sense to tie in with the new release. Just to be different, I'll repeat my guess from last week of something from the Disney series or Zach Snyder.
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert

Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:15 pm

KSUvet wrote:
Planet of the Apes would make sense to tie in with the new release. Just to be different, I'll repeat my guess from last week of something from the Disney series or Zach Snyder.
Who watches the Watchmen. Thats the print we need to see.
rmoore wrote:Can't trust someone that doesn't like Jurassic Park...
itschris
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:17 pm

Any Planet of the Apes or Conan print would be EPIC :drool: ...Havent seen the movie yet but I heard its definitely one of the best movies of the year..
Codeblue wrote:That might be one of the stupidest, most irresponsible things I've ever read.