Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:28 am

sportz103 wrote:
ironjaiden wrote:The only reason for Florian's poster to be a surprise is if he included some sorta spoiler in his piece. Otherwise it'd be a nice bit of misdirection 8)
Florian said in his interview that "The main image itself is extremely dark, finding the right composition was quite hard because I couldn’t show too much of the alien, but after a few back and forths with Favreau himself, we finally found the right balance". The inclusion of the alien is definitely the reason his isn't being shown as they have made sure to never show what the aliens look like in anything yet.
Yo newfish that would be the exact opposite of stirring the pot. Keep up.
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert

Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:30 am

Favreau has backed out of IM3, not sure who the new director is. I think Jon chose a disney film to direct instead but hes off Iron Man
rmoore wrote:Can't trust someone that doesn't like Jurassic Park...
acidburn
Art Daddy

Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:39 am

desch wrote:
acidburn wrote:i kind of hope struzan's first piece with mondo isn't this
You mean Frankenstein? Because that will be the first piece Struzan does with Mondo. At least that's what I thought I read a couple of weeks ago.
nah i meant someone said maybe theyd release his cowboy and alien poster with this drop. Just speculating but whatever well see what happens
dirkadirka
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:40 am

chisoxfan2424 wrote:Favreau has backed out of IM3, not sure who the new director is. I think Jon chose a disney film to direct instead but hes off Iron Man
I think Shane Black is doing IM3, which means they should add Val Kilmer and have a Kiss Kiss Bang Bang psuedo-reunion.
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:41 am

chisoxfan2424 wrote:Favreau has backed out of IM3, not sure who the new director is. I think Jon chose a disney film to direct instead but hes off Iron Man
Wise move. IM2 was pretty stank. I hope Favreau doesn't become the Reny Harlin of sci-fi :hanging:
desch
Art Expert

Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:43 am

acidburn wrote:
desch wrote:
You mean Frankenstein? Because that will be the first piece Struzan does with Mondo. At least that's what I thought I read a couple of weeks ago.
nah i meant someone said maybe theyd release his cowboy and alien poster with this drop. Just speculating but whatever well see what happens
That could be, but I think that the Struzan Cowboys and Aliens is a lithograph one sheet not a screen print. Not sure if Mondo sells lithos.
“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.”
“The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing.” R. Mueller
acidburn
Art Daddy

Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:46 am

desch wrote:
acidburn wrote:
desch wrote:
That could be, but I think that the Struzan Cowboys and Aliens is a lithograph one sheet not a screen print. Not sure if Mondo sells lithos.
they handed out Lithos for Stout's Captain America and then sold the screenprint.

I guess well see soon lol
srdzevon
Art Expert

Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:47 am

That struzan C&A is really nice. :clap:
ImageX5 Hodor Image
desch
Art Expert

Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:55 am

acidburn wrote:
desch wrote:
acidburn wrote:
desch wrote:You mean Frankenstein? Because that will be the first piece Struzan does with Mondo. At least that's what I thought I read a couple of weeks ago.
they handed out Lithos for Stout's Captain America and then sold the screenprint.

I guess well see soon lol
I thought that the studio gave out the lithos for Captain America to attendees of the screening of the movie, not Mondo (meaning not handed out at the Mondo booth).
“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.”
“The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing.” R. Mueller
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert

Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:57 am

ironjaiden wrote:
Wise move. IM2 was pretty stank. I hope Favreau doesn't become the Reny Harlin of sci-fi :hanging:
I wanna say its a movie based on Space Mountain or another disney ride.
rmoore wrote:Can't trust someone that doesn't like Jurassic Park...
sportz103
Art Enthusiast

Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:59 am

chisoxfan2424 wrote:
ironjaiden wrote:
I wanna say its a movie based on Space Mountain or another disney ride.
I believe it's "Race to Space Mountain", Jon Favreau and The Rock teaming up at last.
tlaz
Art Expert

Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:00 am

I think this is an exciting mondo drop! I like that they are branching out and incorporating new artists. I really like the relatively low editions here. I was just thinking to myself the other day that mondo has been going too big in order to appease the masses. And I also REALLY like the 24x36 Walen! Cant wait to see what Florian has for us!!
mike123230
Art Expert

Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:07 am

For those still speculating, OMG is saying Mondo's doing 3 drops today...nothing about Bertmer.
srdzevon
Art Expert

Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:08 am

I've heard talk about possibly a couple more though too.
ImageX5 Hodor Image
fanboy
Art Expert

Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:15 am

will this multiple posters for a new movie be a regular thing for mondo now? i would like to hope so.
ironjaiden wrote:I'm a whore so I'll draw whatever you want for a warm meal and a dirty hand job. Every artist is different.