Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
KSUvet
Art Expert

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:32 am

Buster wrote:Just to add to the madness of comic con, Kevin Smith just mentioned the Mondo releases on his podcast.
Thanks a lot Kevin Smith. You just made the list! :x
"I see dudes using cotton gloves on prints that I know were printed while someone was drinking a beer or eating Cheetos, while water leaked from the ceiling. And I'm not even talking about my shop!" - alexfugazi
dirkadirka
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:33 am

mike123230 wrote:Ladies and gentlemen,

It is with a heavy heart that I bring you this sad news. Your good friend and mine, Uncle Toonmee, has sold out from Mondo.

Let us take a moment to reflect on the few drops he was there, lending his support. He was no Cinemapocolypse, but he was a faithful friend for the few months he was in our lives.
I never really got to know Boonmee, like Cinemapocalypse, or Saputo IM2, he was a good buddy, someone who you would always see after the white screen of death. I look forward to seeing who takes that most coveted spot. Cheers to you Boonmee.
black7towr
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:55 am

I haven't read every page since the Cap news but are these a SDCC only drop or are we going to be getting an online drop as well?

Damn Mondo is just blowin up. I kinda have to agree with the person who said that it's cool to see them selling at SDCC but at the same time it's kinda ruined the exclusivity (is this a word :? ) of the whole thing.
tlaz
Art Expert

Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:17 pm

dirkadirka wrote:
mike123230 wrote:Ladies and gentlemen,

It is with a heavy heart that I bring you this sad news. Your good friend and mine, Uncle Toonmee, has sold out from Mondo.

Let us take a moment to reflect on the few drops he was there, lending his support. He was no Cinemapocolypse, but he was a faithful friend for the few months he was in our lives.
I never really got to know Boonmee, like Cinemapocalypse, or Saputo IM2, he was a good buddy, someone who you would always see after the white screen of death. I look forward to seeing who takes that most coveted spot. Cheers to you Boonmee.
They still had Cinemapocalypse prints at the shop when I went down there. I was really tempted to grab one...
cinematical
Art Expert

Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:29 pm

Turns out I have a friend going to SDCC! Says he'll try to pick up the Stout. Fingers crossed!
srdzevon
Art Expert

Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:32 pm

cinematical wrote:Turns out I have a friend going to SDCC! Says he'll try to pick up the Stout. Fingers crossed!
BAM!

Good news about Boonmee. That's really a great print.
ImageX5 Hodor Image
pewter14
EB Team

Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:47 pm

FYI ...

Jason Munn's Rolling Roadshow posters are available on his site ... http://jasonmunn.com/posters.php
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
RiotAct
EB Team

Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:02 pm

wow that is strange about Uncle Boonmee, when I was in the shower last night (I do some of my best thinking in the shower, y'know) I wondered to myself if they would pull the rest of those from their online store to try and sell at their SDCC booth instead.

Great, vibrant poster in person; at $89 shipped though I can sort of see why it took a while to sell out.
fnord
Art Expert

Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:10 pm

RiotAct wrote:wow that is strange about Uncle Boonmee, when I was in the shower last night (I do some of my best thinking in the shower, y'know) I wondered to myself if they would pull the rest of those from their online store to try and sell at their SDCC booth instead..
I like you and all but maybe you should try and get out more
DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Don't let these nerds hold you down, playa.

E
fluffhead13
Art Expert

Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:16 pm

man this thread gorws so fast, it hard to keep up. have MOndo release their print release schedule for SDCC? I'd imagine them spreading them out and starting with Erics prints on Thursday, probably Olly Friday, and Tylers on Saturday, but thats just my opinion. Anyone have any info on this? Still looking for someone who has a pass who could pick me up a stout and moss print, or set if possible. I just need to know the right days, so that I dont waste anyones time. Thx board
disdig1
Art Expert

Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:20 pm

i don't think anyone is going to anything about time or what exactly is being dropped on which day until they announce it specifically on twitter starting Thursday...but that seems like pretty accurate guess fluff
fluffhead13
Art Expert

Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:25 pm

disdig1 wrote:i don't think anyone is going to anything about time or what exactly is being dropped on which day until they announce it specifically on twitter starting Thursday...but that seems like pretty accurate guess fluff
cool, i didnt know we'd get a twit tomorrow. my guess was based on having as many people visit their booth as possible. Erics work is amazing, and it will probably cause some good waves in the convention center for Mondo for Fri and Sat, if they do decide to release them this way.

I'm not hesitating on buying my Comicon 2012 pass this year, and the same for my flights. I heard rummors they will be moving CC to LA next year. Anyone else hear this?
kini
Art Expert

Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:28 pm

fluffhead13 wrote:
disdig1 wrote:i don't think anyone is going to anything about time or what exactly is being dropped on which day until they announce it specifically on twitter starting Thursday...but that seems like pretty accurate guess fluff
cool, i didnt know we'd get a twit tomorrow. my guess was based on having as many people visit their booth as possible. Erics work is amazing, and it will probably cause some good waves in the convention center for Mondo for Fri and Sat, if they do decide to release them this way.

I'm not hesitating on buying my Comicon 2012 pass this year, and the same for my flights. I heard rummors they will be moving CC to LA next year. Anyone else hear this?
I heard they just signed a new deal with SD and they upped the prices
cinematical
Art Expert

Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:08 pm

fluffhead13 wrote:I heard rummors they will be moving CC to LA next year. Anyone else hear this?
Man, I really hope so! That'd be amazing!
fluffhead13
Art Expert

Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:11 pm

cinematical wrote:
fluffhead13 wrote:I heard rummors they will be moving CC to LA next year. Anyone else hear this?
Man, I really hope so! That'd be amazing!
I heard the same thing about this comicon, last year after SDCC2010, and the reason was space. After it didnt move this year, I'm not sure about it at all. Its just what I heard after last years SDCC.