Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
ericgarza1201
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:28 am

Came across this heartache on the Facebook Tyler Stout fan page... Some poor chap has his Stout QT6 print TAPED up to his door. Apparently he put it up a while back unknowing what power lay in the print.

instagr.am/p/HfJiS

Or, he knew it was a rare Stout and is stronger than all of us. Bamf. :notworthy:
tehhippy
Art Expert

Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:28 am

Hope the next MMM is in Austin and hope I can score tickets.
ericgarza1201
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:30 am

tehhippy wrote:Hope the next MMM is in Austin and hope I can score tickets.
According to the July-August Alamo guide... 8/31 @ South Lamar (in the biggest theater = more tickets available)
acidburn
Art Daddy

Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:38 am

ericgarza1201 wrote:Came across this heartache on the Facebook Tyler Stout fan page... Some poor chap has his Stout QT6 print TAPED up to his door. Apparently he put it up a while back unknowing what power lay in the print.

instagr.am/p/HfJiS

Or, he knew it was a rare Stout and is stronger than all of us. Bamf. :notworthy:

err lol
kansasbbq
Art God

Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:39 am

afrosteeziac wrote:
kansasbbq wrote:Could the print for CC be for Prometheus (the new Alien prequel)? I read where the film's writer and some unannounced cast will be there for the screening. I think they're also showing Amazing Spider-Man so who knows.
Doubt that. If I'm not mistaken, they are still filming. Now The Thing might be ready for a sneak peak.
It was announced on July 8th that it will be screening there this year.
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
fanboy
Art Expert

Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:43 am

might as well throw my guess in for the comic-con deal, really a hybrid of everything else mentioned already.

i'm guessing it will be a mondo/marvel collaboration with a con exclusive variant of a new olly moss piece for captain america. as others have said there's plenty of time to get whatever olly sent to the printer to be finished before comic-con starts. and the tweet last week from olly about translating the german would make sense on a captain america print. regular poster would be an online sale during comic-con.

just my 2 cents.
ironjaiden wrote:I'm a whore so I'll draw whatever you want for a warm meal and a dirty hand job. Every artist is different.
ericgarza1201
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:46 am

fanboy wrote:might as well throw my guess in for the comic-con deal, really a hybrid of everything else mentioned already.

i'm guessing it will be a mondo/marvel collaboration with a con exclusive variant of a new olly moss piece for captain america. as others have said there's plenty of time to get whatever olly sent to the printer to be finished before comic-con starts. and the tweet last week from olly about translating the german would make sense on a captain america print. regular poster would be an online sale during comic-con.

just my 2 cents.
Great guess. I'd love to see a Moss/Cap print. We need to search twitter and find the guy who helped Olly and find out what he translated. That's the only way to be certain. I wonder if that person gets a free print for helping him out? :shock:
fanboy
Art Expert

Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:49 am

ironjaiden wrote:I'm a whore so I'll draw whatever you want for a warm meal and a dirty hand job. Every artist is different.
srdzevon
Art Expert

Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:51 am

fanboy wrote:new VHS going up tomorrow.

http://intervisionpicturecorp.com/mondo ... hs-release
I'm almost tempted to grab that. Looks great! what did sledgehammer cost?
ImageX5 Hodor Image
fanboy
Art Expert

Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:51 am

i think they were $20 or $25
srdzevon
Art Expert

Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:52 am

fanboy wrote:i think they were $20 or $25
thanks. nevermind what i said earlier.
ImageX5 Hodor Image
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:00 pm

"all I see is bloooooooood.... .... .... .... .... ............ and guts!"
Risible
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 12, 2011 12:42 pm

ironjaiden wrote:"all I see is bloooooooood.... .... .... .... .... ............ and guts!"
Man, that preview made it seems like this movie gives Manos, Hand of Fate a run for the title of worst movie ever.
futureman
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jul 12, 2011 1:32 pm

From here: http://www.comiclist.com/index.php/news ... 1-schedule

Fans of Drew Struzan will be thrilled to learn of his special appearance at the Con this year for the unveiling of a special poster for the new film Cowboys & Aliens created at the request of the film's producers, but that's not all!
acidburn
Art Daddy

Tue Jul 12, 2011 2:00 pm

futureman wrote:From here: http://www.comiclist.com/index.php/news ... 1-schedule

Fans of Drew Struzan will be thrilled to learn of his special appearance at the Con this year for the unveiling of a special poster for the new film Cowboys & Aliens created at the request of the film's producers, but that's not all!
lol i think you forgot to add the next paragraph..

"Booth 5537 will also be the place you can get hold of a Limited Edition of Drew's gorgeous new book Drew Struzan: Oeuvre. Struzan has created some of the most iconic movie poster images of the last 30 years, from Raiders of the Lost Ark to Star Wars: Episode III. With an Introduction by George Lucas, Oeuvre features over 300 pieces of art, including all of Drew's most iconic movie images, as well as other highlights of his career, from album, book and comic book covers, to stamps, trading cards and original works. This sumptuous signed and numbered slipcased hardcover edition also comes with a signed and numbered art print."