Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
emac
Art Expert

Wed May 04, 2011 2:21 pm

daviddelgadoh wrote:
charter wrote:Yes he did one for Thor but only one non production crew member will ever own it and it will go for crazy amounts at his show that I cannot afford.
This is not exactly true. I know of at least one person who was sent one that wasn't cast or crew and really had no involvement.
My bet is on Harry Knowles. I also bet it's currently tacked up on his wall.
Last edited by emac on Wed May 04, 2011 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cinematical
Art Expert

Wed May 04, 2011 2:21 pm

ironjaiden wrote:Olly actually sent me a copy of his unreleased Wonder Woman poster for the new show on ABC.
Naturally I framed it up nice.

He is a big fan of minimalism...
SaintNoir
Art Expert

Wed May 04, 2011 2:57 pm

ironjaiden wrote:Olly actually sent me a copy of his unreleased Wonder Woman poster for the new show on ABC.
Naturally I framed it up nice.

It represents the barren wasteland of creativity that is the new Wonder Woman show.
Inigo Montoya: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you.
Westley: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
charter
Art Expert

Wed May 04, 2011 3:09 pm

daviddelgadoh wrote:
charter wrote:Yes he did one for Thor but only one non production crew member will ever own it and it will go for crazy amounts at his show that I cannot afford.
This is not exactly true. I know of at least one person who was sent one that wasn't cast or crew and really had no involvement.
Harry Knowles does not count. He is a Mondo vip and gets like everything they do and has a ton of connections...unless that is not who you are talking about. :shock:
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert

Wed May 04, 2011 3:12 pm

charter wrote:
daviddelgadoh wrote:
Harry Knowles does not count. He is a Mondo vip and gets like everything they do and has a ton of connections...unless that is not who you are talking about. :shock:
Since the Thor poster wasn't Mondo, it still counts. Literally no connection except for the fact that he "knows people."
There is also one other but I dunno the story behind it.
charter
Art Expert

Wed May 04, 2011 3:15 pm

aha! I knew it. Harry Knowles gets everything anyways. I am sure he saw the movie months ago. He knows everyone in the movie biz. He will never sell it so this auction coming up is likely the only chance any one of us will ever get to own it unless one of the crew or actors has a police or bank auction.
GR8Dane
Art Expert

Wed May 04, 2011 3:24 pm

U kiddin me? U dont think some will find there way to eBay sooner or later?
Baker
Art Expert

Wed May 04, 2011 3:27 pm

Kind of surprised to see no one has posted this yet....

MondoSLamar Justin Ishmael
Then, we'll move on to this.... http://yfrog.com/gzjzajqdj
ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
MastaMonk
Art Expert

Wed May 04, 2011 3:29 pm

Kill Bill is in da house! Or rather IN DA AUSTIN!
afrosteeziac
Art Expert

Wed May 04, 2011 3:34 pm

Can't wait to see this bad boy in person(my roommate snagged a varient). I'm interested in seeing the effect of the 'rice paper'.
electrachrome
Site Admin

Wed May 04, 2011 3:34 pm

ha, it's been so long I kinda almost forgot about those.
busstees
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 04, 2011 3:35 pm

MastaMonk wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:I couldn't care less about Thor. Wouldn't trade my Akira for it.
Either would I! Man I do love my Akira!
Well if Thor was selling for 2-5k I would def trade Akira for it, then instantly buy another Akira, Thing, and whatever else I wanted.

I would not trade my Akira variant for it though.
dirkadirka
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 04, 2011 3:52 pm

Tyler's lottery cant get here soon enough...well, at least I hope it's a lotto. Totally whiffed on The FP sale-site, but +1 to an awesome E'Beaner. Hopefully all of us who didnt get one through Mondo will get one that way.
pewter14
EB Team

Wed May 04, 2011 3:53 pm

Holy crap, the colors on that Kill Bill are so bright. I never use the drooling emoticon, but damn, I am seriously thinking about it for that print.

Talk about well worth the wait.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
dylansdad
Art Expert

Wed May 04, 2011 3:54 pm

GR8Dane wrote:U kiddin me? U dont think some will find there way to eBay sooner or later?
There's a chance that a lot of the recipients have no idea what they got. I just imagine it being received by an oblivious crew member who looked at it, thought it was cool, and then folded it in half and stuck it in his backpack.

As for the Kill Bill lottery, I'm not even going to get my hopes up. I'll enter like a chump, but I've never been selected by him and I doubt I ever will.