Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
dylansdad
Art Expert

Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:49 pm

Asoli wrote:I wish mondo would've just sold the posters at the screening without saying anything.
I actually like that idea--the only people there would be fans of the film. The next day, the internet explodes with interest and the e-mail goes out with the official announcement. The day after that, remaining copies are sold online. Everybody gets a shot, true fans of the film are rewarded, people start buying up tickets to every possible Alamo screening, Mondo continues to get publicity. Everybody wins.
Last edited by dylansdad on Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
decker3984
Art Expert

Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:52 pm

Asoli wrote:I wish mondo would've just sold the posters at the screening without saying anything.
Well, they practically did. Most of the tickets sold for the screening tonight were probably people that just planned on seeing the film and most likely had no knowledge of a poster or plans of purchasing one... I would say that same could largely be true for the screening tomorrow night as well... And I doubt whatever size the run is, that they are planning on selling them ALL at the screenings. My 2 cents.

I just think it is awesome that they will have prints available at the screenings! :clap:
downtown wrote:If God has a plan for humanity it is simply to see what Aaron Horkey will do in the next ten years.
kansasbbq
Art God

Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:53 pm

My wife and I have our tickets for tonight....what a nice surprise!
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
black7towr
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:53 pm

dylansdad wrote:
I actually like that idea--the only people there would be fans of the film. The next day, the internet explodes with interest and the e-mail goes out with the official announcement. The day after that, remaining copies are sold online. Everybody gets a shot, true fans of the film are rewarded, people start buying up tickets to every possible Alamo screening, Mondo continues to get publicity. Everybody wins.
This is a fantastic idea actually.
RITFW
Art Expert

Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:56 pm

The text on this is going to be insane!
RiotAct
EB Team

Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:03 pm

dylansdad wrote:If they are intentionally holding some back for the online sale, then I probably won't need a poster buddy, but if they could sell out at the screenings, then I might need some help. This is going to be a great poster!

Missing Akira was a foregone conclusion. Missing Kill Bill was painful. Missing Steamboat Willie was frustrating. As was missing Olly Moss' Moon poster. So it's time for my luck to change!
Flimby wrote:dylansdad is putting his kids through an intense homeschool f5 lesson right now.
They are on spring break this week! If I miss this poster, it won't be because I was driving them to school.
wait... you MISSED on a Mondo drop? Say it ain't so!!! (Or were you just not around for them)

;)
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert

Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:09 pm

"You'll need a ticket to the screening to buy." -Justin via twitter
So looks like it will be a similar system to MMM.

Agreed about the announcement. I had already gotten tickets, and I don't mind that they announced it, but it would have been cool if I had just shown up and had my mind blown without seeing that preview image. In-person freak outs are WAY more entertaining than internet freak outs.
Odess
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:12 pm

Must have. Willing to pay for anyone's ticket that they bring along in exchange for a poster buddy.
dylansdad
Art Expert

Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:12 pm

RiotAct wrote:wait... you MISSED on a Mondo drop? Say it ain't so!!! (Or were you just not around for them)

;)
I took my kids to school and missed Kill Bill by about 10-15 seconds. During each drop, I added Moon and Roger Rabbit (not Steamboat Willie, my mistake) to my cart, and when I clicked to move on to the next step, both times my screen went blank and completely froze up. So I have been having a streak of bad luck with Mondo. I told myself I could live without Moon, Roger Rabbit and Akira. I still haven't given up on Kill Bill, but it looks like that ship has sailed. Pan's Labyrinth is a must--I am ready to turn my luck around this week.
Odess
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:19 pm

I remember when DD's Wolfman dropped, it wasn't even that big of a movie, or a print looking at the prices now ( I still have mine framed) I think that's one of the few Mondo drops I've had good luck with.
austx117
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:20 pm

Tickets sold out! And I was about to buy one!
binky79
Art Expert

Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:22 pm

If the Alamo/Mondo knows that a poster is being released for the movie, and 6 hours before showtime ticket sales aren't looking too hot, maybe they use this as a real quick way to get butts into seats. I wouldn't begrudge them that.

Edit: Showings sold out. Might not have happened without the poster announcement.
Last edited by binky79 on Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Asoli
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:23 pm

daviddelgadoh wrote:"You'll need a ticket to the screening to buy." -Justin via twitter
So looks like it will be a similar system to MMM.

Agreed about the announcement. I had already gotten tickets, and I don't mind that they announced it, but it would have been cool if I had just shown up and had my mind blown without seeing that preview image. In-person freak outs are WAY more entertaining than internet freak outs.
And that would've ruled, but there's no way this would've sold out without the announcement which leads me to believe this is just to generate hype more than drop a sweet poster.
austx117
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:23 pm

austx117 wrote:Tickets sold out! And I was about to buy one!
Nevermind I got one
RiotAct
EB Team

Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:24 pm

Guys if any of you can be my poster buddy for tonight, LET ME KNOW!!!!!!!!!!1

I really have nothing to offer you in the way of future considerations; hell I probably won't even pay you back for the poster, but you should be my p.b. anyway :twisted: :twisted: