Poster that was in Iron Man 2....

General art-related discussion.
BarelyAlive
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 12, 2010 10:12 am

Anybody know if the Iron Man print that Tony hangs up in the movie at one point is just a one-off prop or if it was a commissioned piece that might see an eventual general release? Granted I figure it would be out by now if it were, but figured it'd be worth asking here. I have seen the Stout's but I'm more interested in the one from the movie itself. Thanks.
nimsu8
Art Expert

Wed May 12, 2010 10:15 am

BarelyAlive wrote:Anybody know if the Iron Man print that Tony hangs up in the movie at one point is just a one-off prop or if it was a commissioned piece that might see an eventual general release? Granted I figure it would be out by now if it were, but figured it'd be worth asking here. I have seen the Stout's but I'm more interested in the one from the movie itself. Thanks.

http://obeygiant.com/headlines/shepard- ... iron-man-2
Shepard Fairey Art in Iron Man 2?

I have received several inquiries about whether or not I was involved in a piece of art seen in Iron Man 2. I’m friends with the Iron Man movie’s production designer Michael Riva who, along with his wife Wendy, was a big Obama supporter. He asked if I’d mind a HOPE poster spoof in Iron Man and I said “of course not”. I did not personally design the image, nor was I paid for it. All of the Obama HOPE spoofs, positive or negative, are a reminder of the power and importance of grassroots activism to affect things. Additionally, neither is it possible to copyright a style, nor would I want to restrict visual dialog by discouraging others from paying tribute to styles I have used.
-Shepard
Anonymous - "One of these days I'm going to type something clever or funny and it will end up as someone signature...one of these days"
BarelyAlive
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 12, 2010 10:22 am

Thank you. I looked all over the net and on here as a gneral search but did not think to go to the Fairey site (no idea why not), even though the first thing I thought of during the movie was "Fairey!"

I still want one...somehow...

Thanks again.
nimsu8
Art Expert

Wed May 12, 2010 10:24 am

BarelyAlive wrote: I still want one...somehow...
http://obamiconme.pastemagazine.com/
Anonymous - "One of these days I'm going to type something clever or funny and it will end up as someone signature...one of these days"
BarelyAlive
Art Connoisseur

Wed May 12, 2010 10:37 am

Thanks for the link! Perfect.