igotid
Art Expert

Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:30 am

cardhawks wrote:I can't help but be underwhelmed by this
why's that?
jojobadass
Art God

Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:38 am

they made way too many posters last year.

I think it's really weak that Pearl Jam don't disclose the edition sizes. if fact, they're the only band I can think of that doesn't s/n every poster.

it's really kind of a shady business practice and frankly, they're just setting themselves & the fans up for tons of bootlegs in the future. It just does't make any sense in my mind.
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
schmoff
Art Expert

Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:29 am

jojobadass wrote:they made way too many posters last year.

I think it's really weak that Pearl Jam don't disclose the edition sizes. if fact, they're the only band I can think of that doesn't s/n every poster.

it's really kind of a shady business practice and frankly, they're just setting themselves & the fans up for tons of bootlegs in the future. It just does't make any sense in my mind.

no body is going to bootleg worthless prints

they upped the print runs so everyone who wanted one could get a print, without all the problems
igotid
Art Expert

Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:38 am

I'd definitely happy for them to release what the edition sizes are...Also, based upon the Klausen NZ print from last tour, I'm almost positive that the 10c versions are second editions (and I haven't bought any other from the 10c store).

Has EMEK ever done runs runs in the 1k-2k range? It seems like they'd have to be at least that large based upon the last tour.

I'm a little disappointed that these aren't as collectible anymore, but I'm also very excited to see some new artists get involved
jojobadass
Art God

Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:39 am

schmoff wrote:

no body is going to bootleg worthless prints

they upped the print runs so everyone who wanted one could get a print, without all the problems

did they tell you that they "up'd" the print runs?

and if you don't think there are going to be tons of bootleg 1996-2003 prints, you're crazy.......they're plenty of high dollar 2 or 3 color prints. Unsigned, unnumbered......easy targets. Good luck PJ fan.
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
schmoff
Art Expert

Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:59 am

yeah last tour they upped the print runs, you could pre-order with your fan club tickets
example: shows had thousands of 10c tickets, every person was able to pre-order a poster as long as they bought a 10c ticket, there was no limited to first come sort of thing, thats a few thousand pre-orders right there, and the shows had stacks and stacks of prints which did not sell out at the venues, plus they are available now not sold out on the website

also i was talking about bootlegging these recent prints not from older tours, there are bootlegs out there of 96-98 posters of course, i've seen them, i just meant there would be no bootlegs of 2009 posters, hence "no bootlegs of worthless posters"
C-Real
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:06 pm

But maybe because they still have plenty of 2009 posters, they won't print that much posters in 2010.
The fact, they don't do pre sale is a sign for that I think.

Too bad Acorn is not involved :( The London poster is really great.
Cyrille
schmoff
Art Expert

Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:07 pm

C-Real wrote:But maybe because they still have plenty of 2009 posters, they won't print that much posters in 2010.

yes true, i have no idea about this tour i'm only talking about the 2009 tour
thebends9
Art Expert

Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:28 pm

C-Real wrote:But maybe because they still have plenty of 2009 posters, they won't print that much posters in 2010.
I'm Thebends9 and I approve this message
bathroommonkey
Tantric Poster Collector

Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:44 pm

thebends9 wrote:
I'm Thebends9 and I approve this message
this band digs money. i dont see them giving money back to the secondary market because they have 2009 posters sitting in a warehouse.
jeffsoto
Art Enthusiast

Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:46 pm

I probably shouldn't post in here cause I don't know if all the artists have the same deal (though I suspect we do). As far as I know, we had the option of taking a flat fee or receiving 100 of our prints to sell ourselves (most likely everyone choose the prints). I don't know about the others, but I plan on signing and numbering mine x/100. And I plan on selling all of mine so I hope they don't print 1000's of em'... I needz vacation moneyzz

We are vowed to secrecy on the poster(s) we have done and of course no one can see the art until the night of the show. All I can say is that I pretty much did all the work by hand on a light table and each print took a week to finish. It was exhilarating.

Here is a preview of my new screenprinting work:
http://jeffsotoart.blogspot.com/2010/04 ... otroe.html
jjbehren
Flipper

Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:49 pm

jeffsoto wrote:I probably shouldn't post in here cause I don't know if all the artists have the same deal (though I suspect we do). As far as I know, we had the option of taking a flat fee or receiving 100 of our prints to sell ourselves (most likely everyone choose the prints). I don't know about the others, but I plan on signing and numbering mine x/100. And I plan on selling all of mine so I hope they don't print 1000's of em'... I needz vacation moneyzz

We are vowed to secrecy on the poster(s) we have done and of course no one can see the art until the night of the show. All I can say is that I pretty much did all the work by hand on a light table and each print took a week to finish. It was exhilarating.

Here is a preview of my new screenprinting work:
http://jeffsotoart.blogspot.com/2010/04 ... otroe.html
I'll pay for one of each right now so as to relieve your anxiety.
lightyears2010
Art Expert

Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:50 pm

can you say which cities you're doing jeff? thanks for the info.
jjbehren
Flipper

Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:51 pm

And it's good to have you posting here, Jeff. Love your work.