Artists for Pearl Jam Tour 2010

General art-related discussion.
jimmybobo1
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 14, 2010 1:23 am

Man I laughed so hard I started sneezing for 10 minutes ...ahhh hahaha...
jimmybobo1
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 14, 2010 1:36 am

I am telling you I...ah fudge nevermind...I better go to bed....hahahah
morecoffee
Art Expert

Fri May 14, 2010 8:47 am

jimmybobo1 wrote:I hope Ames comes through as well. I have got to believe their subs are hurting...who in their right mind would buy a sub from them with a consistent history of recent....of crap. They had some great posters but man its been a drought.
Me. I bought a sub from Ames. I like their style and they're awesome to deal with. I don't like every poster they make, but I can say that about a lot of other artists too. Maybe you just don't like the Ames style. I love last year's Rotterdam poster and the Seattle pair. I thought they did a killer job in '08 and I like the first two this year as well. I'm only able to catch one PJ show this year and I'm thrilled Ames is doing the poster for it.

I don't think their work is crap. That's a pretty rude statement that I think any artist would be offended by.
There is a ton of stuff showcased on this site that I don't like, but somebody else out there does like it. That's part of what's cool about art and design.
usamamasan1
Art Expert

Fri May 14, 2010 10:33 am

I think they are cocks to deal with.
let's all smile together.
ChefFerrari
Art Expert

Fri May 14, 2010 10:45 am

usamamasan1 wrote:I think they are cocks to deal with.
They are the nicest people talk with, where the drymount do you get off saying something like that ?
sasquatch
Art Expert

Fri May 14, 2010 11:01 am

ChefFerrari wrote:
usamamasan1 wrote:I think they are cocks to deal with.
They are the nicest people talk with, where the drymount do you get off saying something like that ?
Usamamasan, if I remember, was caught flipping by Ames and had an order canceled.

Morecoffee, right on.

I think a lot of people forget that Ames' 96-98 PJ posters are considered among the best ever (I think Kozik called the 98 Dallas "the perfect gig poster") and that they are considered by many to be influential pioneers of the craft. And they are incredibly nice guys. Very appreciative and humble. They get a lot of joy out of what they do. Oh, and their T-shirts are all over TV (ever watch the Big Bang Theory?).

At the same time, to be honest, this was the first time I wasn't tempted by the sub.
electrachrome
Site Admin

Fri May 14, 2010 11:22 am

sasquatch wrote:I think a lot of people forget that Ames' 96-98 PJ posters are considered among the best ever (I think Kozik called the 98 Dallas "the perfect gig poster").
it was the St. Louis poster.

*although he and Chantry had nice things to say about the Dallas poster too.
demetrios
Art Expert

Fri May 14, 2010 11:40 am

morecoffee wrote:
jimmybobo1 wrote:I hope Ames comes through as well. I have got to believe their subs are hurting...who in their right mind would buy a sub from them with a consistent history of recent....of crap. They had some great posters but man its been a drought.
Me. I bought a sub from Ames. I like their style and they're awesome to deal with. I don't like every poster they make, but I can say that about a lot of other artists too. Maybe you just don't like the Ames style. I love last year's Rotterdam poster and the Seattle pair. I thought they did a killer job in '08 and I like the first two this year as well. I'm only able to catch one PJ show this year and I'm thrilled Ames is doing the poster for it.

I don't think their work is crap. That's a pretty rude statement that I think any artist would be offended by.
There is a ton of stuff showcased on this site that I don't like, but somebody else out there does like it. That's part of what's cool about art and design.
That's how I feel aswell. I bought a sub too. Have been buying Ames Pearl Jam Sub's & many various posters for year's now from them. Personally, I love the cartoony feel of the prints. I hope they hit a home run with the Newark & NYC2 prints next week.

All art collectors have different tastes. Some like to spend the big bucks on already seen photo's blown up to poster sizes & colored in with 3 colors. Even if all their prints come in using the same 3 colors, that's what they like.
clem99
EB Team

Fri May 14, 2010 11:42 am

its horses for courses, eye of the beholder and all that, i enjoyed the PJ melbourne from last year, subject matter was very appropriate IMO to, i have enjoyed looking at the new artists, very refreshing and if i attended any of the gigs, i wouldn't hesitate to frame any
art is the only justification for pain :)
kj1nyr
Art Expert

Fri May 14, 2010 12:39 pm

I have the surfing sasquatch from last year and I love it. BTW, my living room is full of '96-'00 Ames prints (among others). Ames are not what they used to be but how many artists of any medium can put out quality stuff 100% of the time for 15 years straight?
ChefFerrari
Art Expert

Fri May 14, 2010 1:12 pm

At least they change up the font they use unlike some artists
thebends9
Art Expert

Fri May 14, 2010 1:28 pm

ChefFerrari wrote:At least they change up the font they use unlike some artists
Oh snap...
pewter14
EB Team

Fri May 14, 2010 2:21 pm

Horkey?
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
ChefFerrari
Art Expert

Fri May 14, 2010 2:42 pm

pewter14 wrote:
Horkey?
uhhh no
pewter14
EB Team

Fri May 14, 2010 2:47 pm

ChefFerrari wrote:
pewter14 wrote:
Horkey?
uhhh no
heh heh ... I keed, I keed.

If you're speaking of who I think you're speaking about ... if he did a bunch of posters for one particular band like Ames, he would change up the fonts ... which, he has done recently.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines