Tyler Stout - Iron Man 2

General art-related discussion.
charter
Art Expert

Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:04 pm

I must have misread what integrity meant in your post. :tumbleweed:

It's cool, if they have any left, I will go in the morning. If not, no big whoop. No need for either of us to get butt hurt over it.
charter
Art Expert

Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:05 pm

guryter wrote:You shouldve went! Told ya!

:wink:
I did that drug thing you posted instead. I mean lets face it, she looked like she was having fun and you made it sound like you were all addicted to drugs so I wanted to be included. :(
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:07 pm

charter wrote:I must have misread what integrity meant in your post. :tumbleweed:

It's cool, if they have any left, I will go in the morning. If not, no big whoop. No need for either of us to get butt hurt over it.
Do you still think they lied to make it seem more rare? :lol:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:09 pm

:rolling:
charter
Art Expert

Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:10 pm

comountaingolf wrote:Let me ask... do you still think they lied to make it seem more rare? :lol:
He didn't lie because he said around. I would guess there were 29 or 30. I would do the same exact thing. Dude has a successful business because he is a good businessman or has a lot of old widowed girlfriends.
PorkBelly
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:33 pm

charter wrote:
comountaingolf wrote:Let me ask... do you still think they lied to make it seem more rare? :lol:
He didn't lie because he said around. I would guess there were 29 or 30. I would do the same exact thing. Dude has a successful business because he is a good businessman or has a lot of old widowed girlfriends.
M guess is that they had exactly 25 but might have been holding some for other folks.

My evidence- #41 is the one they photographed on their site & #65 has popped up on ebay. That's 25 prints.

If I'm correct, #s 1-40 are unaccounted for but I'm going to guess that Tyler kept some of the low numbers and other went to film people. Who knows, maybe some will make it to Posters & Toys or some other place like that.

Again, no inside knowledge but that seems to make sense.
schmoff
Art Expert

Fri Jun 04, 2010 8:46 pm

ok, $300 plus my S/N 1st edition version for this
alteridiom
Art Expert

Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:02 pm

I don't think they need to try any crazy tactics to sell a Stout.
Small town pizza lawyer
austx117
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 04, 2010 11:42 pm

PorkBelly wrote:
charter wrote:
M guess is that they had exactly 25 but might have been holding some for other folks.

My evidence- #41 is the one they photographed on their site & #65 has popped up on ebay. That's 25 prints.

If I'm correct, #s 1-40 are unaccounted for but I'm going to guess that Tyler kept some of the low numbers and other went to film people. Who knows, maybe some will make it to Posters & Toys or some other place like that.

Mine is in between 1 - 40
PorkBelly
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jun 05, 2010 12:17 am

austx117 wrote:
PorkBelly wrote:
charter wrote:

Mine is in between 1 - 40
Hypothesis falsified. :(
selassielion
Art Expert

Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:17 am

Dear God that tat is awful
Kdh12 wrote:It is not rockets science
theartofliving
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jun 05, 2010 5:11 am

went by mondo tonight around 9. picked up the last original iron man 2 print. there was still a variant and 4 of the prints on metal.
nagamisan
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:28 am

Should ask someone to get a normal IM 2 print. Any kind soul who is able to help?
ThePrestige
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:55 am

This metal is so sweet. Can't believe these things didn't sell out right away. Really wish I was close enough to make the trip for one.
JustinIshmael
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:06 pm

Hey everyone-

Just to clarify, the run on the metal posters is 65. I've said this before, but just wanted to let you all know how it works with Mondo...just because it's an edition of 65, doesn't mean we have that many to sell. We had a little over 25 to sell. I think the final count was like 27. Marvel got a lot of them and you, most likely, will never see them because they're going to cast and crew. Tyler will be getting some, but I have no idea if he's selling them. So, we had the lion's share of the run to sell at the store and they're gone. I definitely wasn't trying to make them seem more elusive than they already were by tweeting that they were almost sold out or whatever. We sold 21 of them in the first 30 minutes of being open. Was just trying to give everyone a clear picture of what was going on considering we had people driving in from Dallas and Houston to get these.

Thanks to everyone that came out to buy them. It was fun seeing everybody. Hope you guys liked the new shop remodel.