pardee announcement?

General art-related discussion.
pjtaper
Art Freak

Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:55 pm

jjbehren wrote:
bangyman wrote::whistle:
I'm going to try and make it. An artist I am not. Wonder if I can bring one of my son's "paintings."
I can't draw... just can't do it... I still drew something for him, just made if funny and representative of what I wanted it to be...
You could def bring your son's artwork, fudge, bring your son and let him give Alex and David some art, they'll both draw for him. I went with a buddy, his girlfriend came late and met us, she said she couldn't draw, only a strawberry, Alex overheard and said "Draw me a strawberry please"
Very cool dude, both of them actually....

Congrats Tom on the badass new gallery!
bangyman
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:27 pm

rhythmgtr5 wrote:
bangyman wrote:
rhythmgtr5 wrote:there's no way I can make it to burlesque by 6pm; stupid job :(

how late you work? there's always the possibility of delays pushing the time schedule back....stay tuned.
I work until about 5pm; is alex's twitter the best place to keep track of their schedule?
yup. or you can follow @BRLSQ or @benbrlsq or i'll probably post some updates here as time allows.

this print thing is shaping up to be something pretty awesome i tell you whut.
Radsack79
Art Connoisseur

Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:29 pm

bangyman wrote:
rhythmgtr5 wrote:
bangyman wrote:
rhythmgtr5 wrote:there's no way I can make it to burlesque by 6pm; stupid job :(

how late you work? there's always the possibility of delays pushing the time schedule back....stay tuned.
I work until about 5pm; is alex's twitter the best place to keep track of their schedule?
yup. or you can follow @BRLSQ or @benbrlsq or i'll probably post some updates here as time allows.

this print thing is shaping up to be something pretty awesome i tell you whut.
Awesome.
Deserves got nothing to do with it.
jjbehren
Flipper

Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:08 pm

On my way. Straight from work. No black hoodie.
Radsack79
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:09 pm

Was a good time, Alex was totally cool. The print they all did for the show turned out fantastic; nice job Ben. :notworthy:
Deserves got nothing to do with it.
jjbehren
Flipper

Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:01 am

Radsack79 wrote:Was a good time, Alex was totally cool. The print they all did for the show turned out fantastic; nice job Ben. :notworthy:
Agreed, but I couldn't stick around for a sketch. Good turnout. Long line. Guys seemed really cool, despite the fact I didn't get to chat with them directly.
Last edited by jjbehren on Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bangyman
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:46 pm

totally rad dudes all around. one of the best printing experiences of my life so far. big ol' grin the whole time. so much fun! im sorting through my pics and will get some up here as time allows. and in case you didnt get the email, these will be for sale tomorrow at 2pm at the usualy spot (www.burlesquedesign.com)

fyi...it's an edition of 100, plus 10aps 10pps. we split the edition odds/evens with alex and dave, so we will have less than 50 available. alex and daves copies are being drop shipped to meet up with them in louisiana (sorry folks in between!) it was a matter of keeping everything on schedule with the sketch4sketch thing and had to get everyone to sign em all. 8 different people got down on this project!

pics soon . stay tuned!
mikeyc1023
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:04 pm

These guys are at Rotofugi in Chicago tomorrow

Too bad its from 12:30 to 1:30. No possible way for me to get there at that time.
bangyman
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:53 pm

these pics are on our blog too...but here ya go...these shots are kinda dark. must see in person!
roadkillinit1.jpg
roadkillinit2.jpg
roadkillinit4.jpg
smellmysocks73
Art Expert

Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:59 pm

I'm gonna try to get up to Rotofugi tomorrow. Any other EBers gonna be there?
srdzevon said, "Oh fudge!!! That's awesome! I hate you".
bangyman
Art Connoisseur

Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:12 pm

Forgot to say...these jammyjams are an easy to frame 18x24. word.
greasy
Art Expert

Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:27 pm

bangyman wrote:Forgot to say...these jammyjams are an easy to frame 18x24. word.
nice. who all worked on them? i read 8 people.....so, you, pardee, correia, wez, mike davis, and...?
27 wrote: One time i was walking down the tracks when i was 4 yrs old and this train raped me in my butt.
http://www.GRAFantasy.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jayscollection/
mistersmith
Art Freak

Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:29 pm

bangyman wrote:Forgot to say...these jammyjams are an easy to frame 18x24. word.
Word. I got mine. Love the mulleted, leisure-suited dico dude on the right.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
bangyman
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:20 pm

greasy wrote:
nice. who all worked on them? i read 8 people.....so, you, pardee, correia, wez, mike davis, and...?

alex pardee, dave correia, stephen reedy, wes winship, mike davis, peter bekke, jodi milbert, and me i'm ben lafond.

alex and dave split the giant head on top, mike did the three eyed mustached dude, stephen reedy did the one with the big black eyes (and is also an awesome film maker documenting this trip), dave did the one right above that...and pretty sure alex and dave split the other three? i was outside with wes doing the spray paint finishing, so i missed some of the drawing.
jodi did the little monster critters around the shoulders. peter did the red lettering stuff. he wrote out a bunch of things and i sorta chopped and screwed them into different phrases and added them onto the red plate. the red, yellow, blue, and gray plates, i made using india ink, kimoto pake opaque pens, steel wool, and a towel or two. the background argyle pattern is from mike davis' stay really fly poster (needed it). and the half toned group of people at the bottom is actually a local rock band named chooglin. (awesome, check em out) we had a misprinted film, which i recycled to create this posse.
smellmysocks73
Art Expert

Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:42 pm

Was able to make it to Rotofugi and was even first in line. My sketches sucked (I haven't drawn anything since probably 2nd grade), but the guys couldn't have been nicer. Here's a few pics for those of you who couldn't make it to Rotofugi today. Thanks Alex & Dave!
AP JB DC.jpg
AP DC.jpg
AP HD.jpg
srdzevon said, "Oh fudge!!! That's awesome! I hate you".