Olly Moss mystery tubes

General art-related discussion.
kj1nyr
Art Expert

Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:01 pm

Die Hard and Deer Hunter arrived here yesterday (score!) :rock:

They were seriously hard to flatten, been laying flat under kraft paper and glass since 6pm yesterday and they still pop up when I remove the glass. Because of that I haven't really had a good look at them, afraid of doing damage. They looked pristine though. I'm dying to take a long look once they've relaxed a bit.

laughing about the can opener, poor kid. definitely a "D'OH!" moment. I hate when I do stuff like that.

Peace,
KJ
jazzgalaxy
Art Expert

Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:05 pm

kj1nyr wrote:Die Hard and Deer Hunter arrived here yesterday (score!) :rock:

They were seriously hard to flatten, been laying flat under kraft paper and glass since 6pm yesterday and they still pop up when I remove the glass. Because of that I haven't really had a good look at them, afraid of doing damage. They looked pristine though. I'm dying to take a long look once they've relaxed a bit.

laughing about the can opener, poor kid. definitely a "D'OH!" moment. I hate when I do stuff like that.

Peace,
KJ
Mine weren't bad. Don't mean to sound like a complainer, just not razor sharp like most prints I've gotten "new".
nopey23
Art Enthusiast

Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:19 pm

jazzgalaxy wrote:Mine weren't bad. Don't mean to sound like a complainer, just not razor sharp like most prints I've gotten "new".
The corners on mine are definitely not pristine -- they look like they were dinged up in transit for sure.

Not the end of the world, but these are definitely not "mint." I also wish they had put they in separate tubes -- I always hate pulling them apart and worrying about them scuffing or whatnot. Need to get them nice and flat now though.
kini
Art Expert

Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:09 pm

Die Hard and Deer Hunter for me, just what I was hoping for. Condition not perfect but not bad. Flattening now. If someone wants Die Hard for a Sperry WSP Myrtle Beach 1st let me know.
kj1nyr
Art Expert

Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:47 pm

I opened up all the curtains and blinds to get a good look and I've got dinged corners on both prints. Not too bad though, more prevalent from the back than the front.
ceevee
Art Expert

Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:47 pm

kini wrote:Die Hard and Deer Hunter for me, just what I was hoping for. Condition not perfect but not bad. Flattening now. If someone wants Die Hard for a Sperry WSP Myrtle Beach 1st let me know.
Die Hard and Deer Hunter for me as well. If somebody wants a Die Hard for Sperry WSP Milwaukee '09, let me know. :D
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:54 pm

ceevee wrote:
kini wrote:Die Hard and Deer Hunter for me, just what I was hoping for. Condition not perfect but not bad. Flattening now. If someone wants Die Hard for a Sperry WSP Myrtle Beach 1st let me know.
Die Hard and Deer Hunter for me as well. If somebody wants a Die Hard for Sperry WSP Milwaukee '09, let me know. :D

... must be some tasty fudge y'all are smoking :lol:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
rhythmgtr5
Art Expert

Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:35 pm

indy and die hard here. They are in pretty good shape with only a minor ding on one of the corners of indy
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:56 pm

bathroommonkey wrote:
comountaingolf wrote:
oldman wrote:... and i had to use a can opener to get the tube open! nicely done!
:lol:
ah, just like the olde days.
Reminded me of the LOST thread when that series was first rolling out... peeps over at LOSTargs were cutting open their fingers trying to manually cut open up tubes, getting blood on prints from the cuts, busting out hack saws, can openers... Good times :lol:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
kj1nyr
Art Expert

Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:13 pm

comountaingolf wrote:
ceevee wrote:

... must be some tasty fudge y'all are smoking :lol:
Given the hype on Olly's stuff, and the prices on his Lost print, I'm not sure that's not a fair deal. Hell, I'm looking for the same trade.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:14 pm

:lol:
> THC X 9 <
kj1nyr
Art Expert

Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:28 pm

go green, go local :)
charter
Art Expert

Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:28 pm

Why are some of you opening the tube from the sealed metal top??? You do realize that about 3/4 of the way up, there is a cap that was taped that all you had to do was cut to open the cap.

Also...both prints shipped in one tube. 20+ bucks for one tube is a bit ridonkulous for shipping when I live 3 states away.
Last edited by charter on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
gonzo303
Art Freak

Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:31 pm

charter wrote:Why are some of you opening the tube from the sealed metal top??? You do realize that about 3/4 of the way up, there is a cap that was taped that all you had to do was cut to open the cap.

Also...both prints shipped in one tube. 20+ bucks for one tube is a bit ridonkulous for shipping when I live 3 states away.
I thought it was a 1/4 of the way down on the tube. anyways i just smash it until the top comes off.
Same fudge, different drop.
charter
Art Expert

Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:32 pm

I look up. You look down. You are such a pessimist.