new artworks HANDIEDAN

General art-related discussion.
ArtAsylumBoston
Art Enthusiast

Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:20 am

I just wanted to say Thank you from Art Asylum to all those that made it out this evening, We had a slow start but it ended in a great turnout. It was a pleasure meeting a number of you and it was great to meet some great artists and new enthusiasts.

Although this was one of our smaller group exhibition's we appreciate and Thank you all for your support as all proceeds from the sale of these prints will be donated on Behalf of Art Asylum & Handiedan to Breast cancer research. Art Asylum will also be participating directly in the Breast Cancer walk here in Boston during the month of May.

Art Asylum Boston
www.artasylumboston.com
BreadWinner

Sat Feb 27, 2010 1:28 am

Are there any Pianos left?
samuraiwriter
Art Expert

Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:41 am

electrachrome wrote:nice to see a couple of EBers at this opening.
got me my first Handiedan print.

Congrats, looks fantastic.
Did you catch a glimpse of the originals?
BlindAngle
Art Enthusiast

Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:55 am

Love the work Handiedan!
rhythmgtr5
Art Expert

Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:59 am

Piano Looks amazing. Probably my favorite piece from her
ArtAsylumBoston
Art Enthusiast

Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:47 am

We regret to inform you that there are no more prints available at this time. This was a small edition of only 20 and they sold out quickly. We will be posting some pictures of the originals on display very soon, & for those who were inquiring about works by Amose unfortunately his works were held up and detained at customs (ICS in NY) and never made it into the show. We hope that we can assist in obtaining the works and have them up at least by early this week for those looking to drop in and view some of the pieces on display.

-AAB
optimusGRRR
Art Expert

Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:02 am

Good times at the show last night. My girlfriend took a liking to Jesse Reno's work, an artist neither of us had ever heard of. Got to meet Electrachrome and Cerebus (cool guys!) and check out some very cool artwork. There was one Handiedan mixed media on metal for $1200 or so that was very tempting. Ended up just getting a Piano, which is stunning in person. The Piano OG was still for sale too when I left, think it was around $500 (it was tiny).

I snagged a couple Handiedan post cards from the show, if anyone wants one I'll drop it the mail for free (as long you live somewhere where USPS stamp will take a letter). First two people to PM me will get 'em.

:pint:

UPDATE: Cards are claimed, congrats to Fluffhead and pvecchi, I'll send them out today.
cerebus
Art Expert

Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:48 pm

Same comments as optimusGRRR really. Good time last night viewing the art and meeting the EBers, and glad to hear for AAB's sake that it picked up in attendance, prints sold out, etc. The metal Handiedan OG was very nice, and the picture of it posted earlier in this thread really does it NO justice at all. The metal was worn/pitted/uneven, and the images laid on top of it were layered gave it a really cool 3D effect. Very nice.

I liked the Rourke van Dal prints too, and I would have picked one of those up if they'd been a little cheaper.

Will post the picture of my Piano print when I get a chance.
whyhoo
Art Expert

Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:43 pm

so do the prints have extra collage elements attached to them? what does the hand embellishment actually consist of?
jazzgalaxy
Art Expert

Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:52 pm

whyhoo wrote:so do the prints have extra collage elements attached to them? what does the hand embellishment actually consist of?
I'm betting it's ink work. I could be wrong, but that makes the most sense...

Also, whose flipping? Let me know.
cerebus
Art Expert

Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:21 pm

whyhoo wrote:so do the prints have extra collage elements attached to them? what does the hand embellishment actually consist of?
On the print I have, there is part of a playing card, and a fragment of sheet music, that have been added as collage. It looks like EC's print has part of a playing card different to mine in the bottom right hand corner.

I also think that, in this case, there is a difference in the hand written elements on the print, for example, comments next to the numbers, games of tic-tac-toe added, etc. though it's harder to confirm this unless I had two side by side.
jazzgalaxy
Art Expert

Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:28 pm

cerebus wrote:
On the print I have, there is part of a playing card, and a fragment of sheet music, that have been added as collage. It looks like EC's print has part of a playing card different to mine in the bottom right hand corner.

I also think that, in this case, there is a difference in the hand written elements on the print, for example, comments next to the numbers, games of tic-tac-toe added, etc. though it's harder to confirm this unless I had two side by side.
Man am I sad about missing this...

can anyone help me pick up the Phone Booth Gallery drop? I think I'm going to be out of the country when it drops and probably unable to pick it up. If anyone can help, I'll make it worthwhile.

thanks!
wneff
Art Expert

Sat Feb 27, 2010 7:48 pm

jazzgalaxy wrote:Man am I sad about missing this...
optimusGRRR
Art Expert

Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:24 pm

cerebus wrote:

Mine has a playing card, and little card with a horse on it, and she wrote "hophophophophophop horse gallop" next to it :D .
handiedan
Art Enthusiast

Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:55 am

Hi there!

Thanks to all who visited the show and for all your kind comments and nice feedback over here about show, my prints and artworks.
On every print I did different collage and doodling and writings with black and blue pen next to the original pen printing. Keep an eye on the secret messages! ;)

Enjoy your pieces and thanks again for your support!
HANDIEDAN