The Miss Bugs Parlor

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
HenryGaleWasHere
Art Expert
Posts: 2429
Joined: Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:14 pm

Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:31 pm

awesome, I like it :clap:

Question- so there were only like 10 or so of Was She To Be or Not, right? Each one a little different?
User avatar
Danno1
Art Expert
Posts: 1413
Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:04 pm
Location: Dayton, OH

Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:49 pm

Yes run of 10, and so far we dont know what 2/10 or 10/10 of look like.
stay thirsty my friends
User avatar
ottomatik71
Art Expert
Posts: 8474
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:33 pm

Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:09 pm

We now know what 2/10 looks like. See previous page.
FoodRap scored #2 at the silent auction.
------
Keeping up with the Looney Toons:
Diamond Carrot
Image
here's one framed from Banksy Forum
Image
Barnsley
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Apr 22, 2010 8:48 am

Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:23 am

Nice framing.
User avatar
jsstuver
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 785
Joined: Thu Nov 05, 2009 4:28 pm
Location: Charlotte, NC

Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:21 am

Some great pics, that diamond carrot is rare- I think I ve only seen a couple times.
BROOKLYNITE
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 260
Joined: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:28 pm

Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:37 am

Love that print. Perfect framing too.
User avatar
schmoff
Art Expert
Posts: 6190
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:00 am
Location: NY
Contact:

Wed Apr 28, 2010 12:11 pm

User avatar
ottomatik71
Art Expert
Posts: 8474
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:33 pm

Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:11 pm

New image up on their website.
Image
This is when I first noticed the image:
Image

Seems like hirst is back on the radar.
User avatar
playman
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 317
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:34 am

Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:27 pm

Love it!!! Want it!!!! :drool: :notworthy:
User avatar
AttorneyGreg
Art Expert
Posts: 1809
Joined: Sun Nov 08, 2009 8:02 am
Location: NE Ohio

Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:24 am

Noticed that on their website too - nice.
User avatar
downtown
Art Expert
Posts: 5892
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:38 am
Location: New York
Contact:

Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:33 am

Are Miss Bugs and Paul Insect friends ?
Sorry if this is a stupid question.

I've been really stupid lately.
User avatar
ottomatik71
Art Expert
Posts: 8474
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:33 pm

Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:58 am

downtown wrote:Are Miss Bugs and Paul Insect friends ?
Sorry if this is a stupid question.

I've been really stupid lately.
It has been speculated that Bugs is Insect. With that said, Bugs could be hirst also.(I really hope not, me no like hirst.)
AKBAPE
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 202
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:00 am

Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:36 am

ottomatik71 wrote:
downtown wrote:Are Miss Bugs and Paul Insect friends ?
Sorry if this is a stupid question.

I've been really stupid lately.
It has been speculated that Bugs is Insect. With that said, Bugs could be hirst also.(I really hope not, me no like hirst.)
I hope tongue is planted firmly in cheek.
User avatar
ottomatik71
Art Expert
Posts: 8474
Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 5:33 pm

Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:58 am

AKBAPE wrote:
ottomatik71 wrote:
downtown wrote:Are Miss Bugs and Paul Insect friends ?
Sorry if this is a stupid question.

I've been really stupid lately.
It has been speculated that Bugs is Insect. With that said, Bugs could be hirst also.(I really hope not, me no like hirst.)
I hope tongue is planted firmly in cheek.
duh... :wink:
it's funny how people think MBW is a joke.
Well, hirst paid people to catch his fish. (A man in Australia was paid $2,500 for one of the sharks)
hirst had it shipped to London, throws it in a framed glass box. Adds some green liquid to suspend said shark. And didn't it sell for over $100,000,000?
Give me a f-n' break.
funkguru
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 185
Joined: Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:00 am

Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:07 am

Hirst works with a group of his own "investors" and buys back his own work to fabricate market value, been doing if for quite sometime.
"The conceptual artist Damien Hirst, who has embarked on a spending spree to buy back some of his most important works, was accused yesterday by experts of trying to stoke up the price of his art."...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/th ... 37074.html
Post Reply