Jeremy Advocat (ebay user: jadvocat) - anyone dealt with him

General art-related discussion.
mattisr1984
Art Enthusiast

Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:04 pm

sorry if this is the wrong forum but whats this guys deal? i see he apparently does his own photography -- figured he'd be a stand-up seller but it looks like i may be wrong. anyone had any dealings with him? bought a print from him on ebay about 2 weeks ago. got a shipment confirmation that hasn't updated at all (ie. obviously never dropped it in the mail - guessing on purpose at this point). messaged someone who gave him positive feedback and they informed me they actually had a real hard time getting their purchase and was also told he apparently has a bad rep on some poster trading boards (hence why im posting this here). anyone know this guy or had similar problems?
retter
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:12 pm

took a while (about a month), but eventually received prints
maden
Art Expert

Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:17 pm

mattisr1984 wrote: got a shipment confirmation that hasn't updated at all (ie. obviously never dropped it in the mail - guessing on purpose at this point).
if its USPS then assume nothing based on their tracking. i have dropped of plenty of packages and nothing has changed until it gets delivered.
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

1st_mammal_
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:17 pm

if he sent it USPS, I've found that sometimes the delivery confirmation is not updated until it's delivered. Not sure if that's the case, but I've noticed it before.

JINX
lukin321
Art Expert

Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:43 pm

Never had a problem with Jeremy and I've been buying/trading/selling back and forth with him for over a year. He's a good guy, I don't think you have anything to worry about.
cadeallaw
Art Expert

Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:44 pm

Jeremy Advocat sounds like the name of a spy or a gang member
mattisr1984
Art Enthusiast

Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:57 pm

maden wrote:
mattisr1984 wrote: got a shipment confirmation that hasn't updated at all (ie. obviously never dropped it in the mail - guessing on purpose at this point).
if its USPS then assume nothing based on their tracking. i have dropped of plenty of packages and nothing has changed until it gets delivered.

you are correct and in most instances, id agree with you. but were talking about a priority mail shipment from california to arizona that was supposedly going to be dropped in the mail on the 8th. thats 2-3 days at the most. i sell online more than i buy and almost 10 days with nothing just didnt add up. dont get me wrong -- im a patient guy but the lack of communication is disappointing / frustrating (especially when ive received a media mail shipment from cali after this purchase already). if he just said "Hey, sorry -- i couldnt get it out but i will be out on this day," id be cool with that. but the combination of zero response to my questions / no updates / and getting that message back threw up a red flag for me so i figured id check and see.