Horkey letterpress preview

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
mistersmith
Art Freak
Posts: 13557
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:09 am
Location: SF, CA

Wed Jun 23, 2010 5:11 pm

Lots of unconfirmed speculation said that was gonna be in the '09 BoNA sub, and it never appeared, so if there's ever going to be any kind of editioned print of that art then the letterpress set would be it, I'd think.

But it was commercial-ish art, right, so maybe it's considered to have served its purpose. Whatever, it's rad and me talking about this anymore is pointless since I know nothing about anything.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
decker3984
Art Expert
Posts: 3670
Joined: Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:00 am

Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:48 pm

mistersmith wrote:Lots of unconfirmed speculation said that was gonna be in the '09 BoNA sub, and it never appeared, so if there's ever going to be any kind of editioned print of that art then the letterpress set would be it, I'd think.

But it was commercial-ish art, right, so maybe it's considered to have served its purpose. Whatever, it's rad and me talking about this anymore is pointless since I know nothing about anything.
Now that is not entirely true. :lol:

There may eventually be a art print of this image because it is one of a surprisingly limited number of things that Aaron has created that he is actually quite proud/fond of... I just would not expect it to happen anytime soon and I would not hold my breath on it being part of the letterpress series. But I do remind him periodically. :lol:
Image
downtown wrote:If God has a plan for humanity it is simply to see what Aaron Horkey will do in the next ten years.
User avatar
*****adap*****
Art Expert
Posts: 1448
Joined: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:28 am
Location: Wonderland

Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:57 pm

abe wrote:Anyone else really hoping to see this in a future letterpress suite?
Image
Knight?
These Pretzels Are Making Me Thirsty
User avatar
mistersmith
Art Freak
Posts: 13557
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:09 am
Location: SF, CA

Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:45 am

See, now, that's a good guess.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
User avatar
comountaingolf
Art Expert
Posts: 9944
Joined: Mon Nov 10, 2008 6:36 pm
Location: The 19th Hole

Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:59 am

Sweet image from Horkey... would be a great addition to the Letterpress series, but I know I'll be happy regardless. Rata actually threw in the this sticker as a freebie when I ordered sum stuff that he actually shipped :lol:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
byc101
Art Expert
Posts: 2513
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 1:00 am
Location: CT

Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:07 am

*****adap***** wrote:
abe wrote:Anyone else really hoping to see this in a future letterpress suite?
Image
Knight?
Aren't the chess pieces new drawings or images that haven't been printed?
Bralumian
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 606
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:00 am
Contact:

Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:19 am

byc101 wrote:
*****adap***** wrote:
abe wrote:Anyone else really hoping to see this in a future letterpress suite?
Image
Knight?
Aren't the chess pieces new drawings or images that haven't been printed?
that's not a chess piece, it's an illo he did for an anti-smoking campaign last year.
User avatar
lightyears2010
Art Expert
Posts: 8902
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:00 am
Location: 1901 west madison street

Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:36 pm

i think that was his point.
Bralumian
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 606
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:00 am
Contact:

Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:21 pm

lightyears2010 wrote:i think that was his point.
no, i think you missed the point.
User avatar
lightyears2010
Art Expert
Posts: 8902
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:00 am
Location: 1901 west madison street

Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:30 pm

isnt he saying there is no way that could be used as a chess piece since its not a 'new' drawing? i'm sure he knew that wasnt a chess piece w/out you telling him. thats my point. not sure what yours is. it doesnt matter...dont even know why i posted in the 1st place.
Bralumian
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 606
Joined: Sun Jan 22, 2006 1:00 am
Contact:

Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:42 pm

lightyears2010 wrote:isnt he saying there is no way that could be used as a chess piece since its not a 'new' drawing? i'm sure he knew that wasnt a chess piece w/out you telling him. thats my point. not sure what yours is. it doesnt matter...dont even know why i posted in the 1st place.
i took it as he though he believed it was the 'knight' chess piece. i'm not sure why you posted, either. off you go...
User avatar
TheThirdEye
Art Expert
Posts: 4486
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 12:07 am
Location: Northern California

Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:48 pm

Bralumian wrote:that's not a chess piece, it's an illo he did for an anti-smoking campaign last year.
I think most are aware what the illo was initially used for. They were just speculating whether it could potentially be used a chess piece, even if it is an older work. I understood it as LY stated above.
Image
User avatar
sir_smokealot
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 3098
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 12:00 am
Location: Manitoba, Canada

Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:54 pm

DO NOT SPECULATE.

Especially when Bralumian is around.
Go tell the women that we're leaving.
User avatar
lightyears2010
Art Expert
Posts: 8902
Joined: Wed Aug 27, 2003 12:00 am
Location: 1901 west madison street

Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:55 pm

Bralumian wrote:
lightyears2010 wrote:isnt he saying there is no way that could be used as a chess piece since its not a 'new' drawing? i'm sure he knew that wasnt a chess piece w/out you telling him. thats my point. not sure what yours is. it doesnt matter...dont even know why i posted in the 1st place.
i took it as he though he believed it was the 'knight' chess piece. i'm not sure why you posted, either. off you go...
you took it the wrong way. at any rate, i wont clutter up the thread anymore...carry on tough guy.
User avatar
hellosir
Art Freak
Posts: 11189
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2009 3:05 am

Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:56 pm

What was the edition size after all this?
Post Reply