Horkey letterpress preview

General art-related discussion.
srdzevon
Art Expert

Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:21 pm

lightyears2010 wrote:
srdzevon wrote:
What if you buy the set #20/xxx this time, then next round you only buy one from the set. You'll still get #20/xxx for that 1 print you bought. That leaves 2 others plus the bonus from that will be #20/xxx. The 2 they can just sell to someone else, but the bonus only comes with the set. There's no home for the bonus in this case.
i read it as you only get matching #'s if you buy the set...if you bought a set this time and want a single next time, no matching number for you. it only pertains to sets. at least thats the way i read it.
From DAP.com

"Purchasers of this initial offering will also have their specific edition number reserved for any subsequent purchases of either individual prints or suites for the entirety of this series with no obligation."
ImageX5 Hodor Image
alteridiom
Art Expert

Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:23 pm

How much more speculating can you guys do?
It seems if everybody just read Dead Arts you would have all your answers.
Instead you ask your question here and then somebody else copy and pastes from Dead Arts.
This is fun.
Last edited by alteridiom on Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Small town pizza lawyer
lightyears2010
Art Expert

Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:24 pm

rhinomilk wrote:
lightyears2010 wrote:
srdzevon wrote:
lightyears2010 wrote:deluxe edition = pricey variant i'm sure.

i dont think the editioning thing for future releases is as big of a deal as everyone thinks it is. i would imagine they will email the people that bought today shortly before the next set drops and ask if you want to buy the next set. if you do, you will prolly get a link to pay and the number is yours. if not, those numbers will be sold as singles(or go to new buyers for the next set). as for the bonus print, the numbers that dont get renewed will go to new buyers for the next set. the sets will be the lowest possible numbers i'm sure. plus, there will be more people buying sets as the series progresses i'm sure...thats prolly why the less desired pieces are being offered 1st.

thats a long winded explanation but it aint as complicated as it looks.
But that would mean if you're not a number holder and you buy a set in the future, your bonus print number might not match the set you just bought. Sounds like it could be a thrown together set of prints with different numbers.
why? lets say i get #20/xxx this time(although i didnt buy the set this is hypothetcal). next round, i pass. someone that didnt buy this time, but wants to buy next time, can have #20. then they get it for subsequent sets as well...and if they decide to stop buying at some point the process starts over. am i wrong?
i think you're wrong... because that sounds waaaaay too complicated.
are you missing the sarcastic smiley? cause it dont get much simpler. ahhh who cares...dont know why i'm even posting. i didnt even buy the set so i dont care. i'll only buy a couple singles...just the ones i'll frame.
JasonSlc
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:24 pm

45 minutes in and I can't get through with either Safari of Firefox. :evil:
appletree
Art Expert

Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:25 pm

I think the home for the bonus will be for someone who bought a set but did not buy a set the first round.

For example

300 total purchasers of the set. Thus 300 rooks, racebannon, melvin, fantomas...

- Next set 200 of the previous buyers buy the set.
- 80 people buy the set for the first time. I guess the extra 100 (the gaps) would go to these people (thus the series could be number out of 280)
- Although if 150 people buy the set for the first time 100 (mixed numbers) would go to them and an additional 50 would have to be printed.
- Thus the original 200 would have their same number say 20/XXX although it may now be 20/VVV (xxx being 300 for first series and vvv being 350 for second series)

- That way everyone keeps their same number as it is locked for the rest of the release and new purchasers would get leftovers from the gaps in the printing.

That probably did not make sense but I did my best.
<3 + Image = T.H.C.

:::Johnathon Powers Photography:::
Sail wrote:it was all just a misunderstandingtree.
lightyears2010
Art Expert

srdzevon wrote:
lightyears2010 wrote:
srdzevon wrote:
What if you buy the set #20/xxx this time, then next round you only buy one from the set. You'll still get #20/xxx for that 1 print you bought. That leaves 2 others plus the bonus from that will be #20/xxx. The 2 they can just sell to someone else, but the bonus only comes with the set. There's no home for the bonus in this case.
i read it as you only get matching #'s if you buy the set...if you bought a set this time and want a single next time, no matching number for you. it only pertains to sets. at least thats the way i read it.
From DAP.com

"Purchasers of this initial offering will also have their specific edition number reserved for any subsequent purchases of either individual prints or suites for the entirety of this series with no obligation."
well there ya go...i stand corrected.
ceevee
Art Expert

JasonSlc wrote:45 minutes in and I can't get through with either Safari of Firefox. :evil:
Try this link: http://deadartspublishing.com/volumes/
decker3984
Art Expert

Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:26 pm

TheThirdEye wrote:
jjbehren wrote:Image
Additionally, The Scavenger (DA002), Drifting Monument (DA003) and Goatmeal (DA004) are available for purchase individually below and also include a Dead Arts Publishing Certificate of Authenticity.
So does this mean there are two different COAs depending on if you purchased a single print vs. the suite? It would seems strange to get a "Suite 1" COA with a single print.
I am not sure... But I suspect the 3 prints included in the series ~may~ (and I say this with NO inside knowledge) have their own COA's and the 4th may be to acknowledge that you purchased the full series and The Rook may be absent of a COA. I say this because I think ANY print "sold" out of the state of California legally requires a COA and The Rook is basically a bonus 'gift' from the publisher / Dead Arts with the 'purchase' of the full set.

My 2 cent speculation. :lol:
alteridiom wrote:How much more speculating can you guys do?
Like Jello (TM)... There is ALWAYS room for more speculation!
downtown wrote:If God has a plan for humanity it is simply to see what Aaron Horkey will do in the next ten years.
srdzevon
Art Expert

Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:26 pm

I didn't buy the set either. HA HA!
ImageX5 Hodor Image
alteridiom
Art Expert

Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:27 pm

What if everybody who wanted it bought it and they were happy with what they got?
Small town pizza lawyer
lightyears2010
Art Expert

Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:27 pm

JasonSlc wrote:45 minutes in and I can't get through with either Safari of Firefox. :evil:
if you need me to buy em for you amigo pm me. i'm sure you trust me with your paypal info.
srdzevon
Art Expert

Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:29 pm

alteridiom wrote:What if everybody who wanted it bought it and they were happy with what they got?
Sorry. What should we talk about then? We'll give you the floor if you feel left out.
Last edited by srdzevon on Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageX5 Hodor Image
rhinomilk
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:29 pm

lightyears2010 wrote:
rhinomilk wrote:
lightyears2010 wrote:
why? lets say i get #20/xxx this time(although i didnt buy the set this is hypothetcal). next round, i pass. someone that didnt buy this time, but wants to buy next time, can have #20. then they get it for subsequent sets as well...and if they decide to stop buying at some point the process starts over. am i wrong?
i think you're wrong... because that sounds waaaaay too complicated.
are you missing the sarcastic smiley? cause it dont get much simpler. ahhh who cares...dont know why i'm even posting. i didnt even buy the set so i dont care. i'll only buy a couple singles...just the ones i'll frame.
i don't know. i'm just confused... wonder what happens if someone gets #800/xxx and they want the next set, but the run is only 700
Bralumian
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:30 pm

TheThirdEye wrote:Can someone point out where it says "Racebannon" in the original poster (besides the text on the bottom)? I noticed the word "and" is visible on the letterpress teaser pic so I'm assuming the band names are still hidden within the image. I think I can make out "Gospel" but it's pretty distorted. I've never really been able to understand what's going on in that poster.
the whole image is what says racebannon. the big white splotch in the center is the 'o', with the filagrees to its left being the double 'n' then the legible 'and' then gospel. this GP thread should still have the overlay where somebody traced it on a wacom -

http://www.gigposters.com/forums/poster ... ail-2.html

read the GP thread and you'll see the genesis of the image and why the regular ed. doesn't have the text at the bottom, mainly because the image IS the text. it's super abstract and harks back to his graff days, and i think is definitely one of his most underrated prints.
appletree
Art Expert

Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:31 pm

rhinomilk wrote:i don't know. i'm just confused... wonder what happens if someone gets #800/xxx and they want the next set, but the run is only 700
my only guess is 800/600 would be their number.
<3 + Image = T.H.C.

:::Johnathon Powers Photography:::
Sail wrote:it was all just a misunderstandingtree.