Art Connoisseur

Thu Nov 20, 2014 5:55 pm

fribhey wrote:Prints have started to ship
:clap:
Scottjohnston
Art Expert

Thu Nov 20, 2014 6:15 pm

Particle wrote:
mrkyuss wrote:Id say that's Hellosir but he joined in Feb. Intriguing.
Sure he had many alts
Can't wait to see this! The print; not particle's alt :wink:
soupysound
EB Team

Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:32 am

::waiting for hypostasis to arrive::

bubbie
Art Expert

Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:37 pm

soupysound wrote:::waiting for hypostasis to arrive::

:clap:
postulio
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:43 pm

Killoj wrote:
whl10 wrote:it doesnt seem they are mad about their investment
if you paid 1500 cause you liked red cosmo -- only to find out if you had waited 7 months you could get something in the same color scheme and aesthetic for under 200 bucks, wouldnt you feel you wasted 1300
i would
Image THIS Image

I am not sure why people here are so hostile and defensive on this. Also I do not think that many of the defenders that are cool with this because they get a Geddes understand this could have a negative long term affect.

I loved Red Cosmo but could never afford the asking price. Hypostasis is obviously an almost identical print, and for someone who wanted Red Cosmo, that is great (in fact, aesthetically speaking, I actually prefer Hypo to Red Cosmo, the position of the body looks more interesting to me, along with the two doves, elicits ideas of angelic ascension).

I think the hostility comes from the emotion that it is the "haves" that are negatively affected by Hypo while the "have nots" are positively affected in the sense they can now own a gorgeous and prestigious piece at an affordable price, and are defensive and aggressive that the "haves" would will it to never happen. It's a classic conflict.

On the other hand, Red Cosmo will now become a more exclusive piece. Sure value may be affect in the short run, but ultimately it will be the piece that only people with more money can realistically acquire.

I can see why there is tension from both sides of the fence, but personally speaking, the release of Hypo is nothing but good news for me. I look forward to seeing it in person and have already begun to brainstorm potential framing layouts.

Btw, very entertaining last couple of pages. ;) :pint:
felocin
Art Expert

Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:21 pm

postulio wrote:
Killoj wrote:
whl10 wrote:it doesnt seem they are mad about their investment
if you paid 1500 cause you liked red cosmo -- only to find out if you had waited 7 months you could get something in the same color scheme and aesthetic for under 200 bucks, wouldnt you feel you wasted 1300
i would
Image THIS Image

I am not sure why people here are so hostile and defensive on this. Also I do not think that many of the defenders that are cool with this because they get a Geddes understand this could have a negative long term affect.

I loved Red Cosmo but could never afford the asking price. Hypostasis is obviously an almost identical print, and for someone who wanted Red Cosmo, that is great (in fact, aesthetically speaking, I actually prefer Hypo to Red Cosmo, the position of the body looks more interesting to me, along with the two doves, elicits ideas of angelic ascension).

I think the hostility comes from the emotion that it is the "haves" that are negatively affected by Hypo while the "have nots" are positively affected in the sense they can now own a gorgeous and prestigious piece at an affordable price, and are defensive and aggressive that the "haves" would will it to never happen. It's a classic conflict.

On the other hand, Red Cosmo will now become a more exclusive piece. Sure value may be affect in the short run, but ultimately it will be the piece that only people with more money can realistically acquire.

I can see why there is tension from both sides of the fence, but personally speaking, the release of Hypo is nothing but good news for me. I look forward to seeing it in person and have already begun to brainstorm potential framing layouts.

Btw, very entertaining last couple of pages. ;) :pint:
My only thought on this is that I understand the disappointment but Jeremy didn't sell red#1 for 1,300 dollars, someone else did. Jeremy sold both prints for pretty much the same price. I don't think the artist is responsible to change his business due to the after market. They are two different worlds.

Speaking of aftermarkets; I wonder how many of these 1,300 prints were people buying multiples. I would guess that there were not more than 700 individual buyers but I don't know...
finneganm
Art Freak

Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:22 pm

I bought 3. Seriously.
That's what she said
postulio
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:44 pm

felocin wrote:
My only thought on this is that I understand the disappointment but Jeremy didn't sell red#1 for 1,300 dollars, someone else did. Jeremy sold both prints for pretty much the same price. I don't think the artist is responsible to change his business due to the after market. They are two different worlds.

Speaking of aftermarkets; I wonder how many of these 1,300 prints were people buying multiples. I would guess that there were not more than 700 individual buyers but I don't know...
You are sort of right, I mean I see your point, and I agree, but we all live in the same world. It is all reactionary. Had Red Cosmo not been so popular, in demand, and expensive it is unlikely Juxtapose would commission something so similar from the original artist, and even less likely he would sell 1,300 copies of it.

So Red Cosmo's value *must* have played a significant part in the creation and release of Hypo. It is good of Jem to curb his asking price in line with the rest of his release. $200 is a very fair price, and affordable to anyone remotely serious/interested in such things.

I too am curious how many individuals purchased these prints vs how many were sold. I considered buying two, with one as a birthday gift for a friend, but ultimately decided I don't want us both to have the same piece on the wall so I only got one for myself (hehe sorry Mike).
jal9000
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:48 pm

They'd make great stocking stuffers! Seriously I thought about buying two and giving one to my sister as a Christmas gift but when I thought about it I was pretty sure it'd end up staying in the tube and gathering dust under her bed so I just bought one for myself. Merry Christmas to me! :pint:
cgriff
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:24 pm

If they have started to ship, then have thy started sending out tracking info. My buyer is getting anxious, and he gifted me the $1200. Just wanting to ease his mind a bit.
Xander
Art Expert

Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:35 pm

Jesus.
mrkyuss
Art God

Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:41 pm

cgriff wrote:If they have started to ship, then have thy started sending out tracking info. My buyer is getting anxious, and he gifted me the $1200. Just wanting to ease his mind a bit.
Send him a litho.
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
finneganm
Art Freak

Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:43 pm

Send him a thank you card
That's what she said
mrkyuss
Art God

Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:47 pm

Do they ship multiples in the same tube? Just wondering as I'm hoping they break my 20 down into groups of only 2 or 3.
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
felocin
Art Expert

Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:58 pm

finneganm wrote:Send him a thank you card
Send him back to school...