General art-related discussion.
HisBobness
Art Expert

Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:05 am

Still not sure if I want to throw down 2 bills on this :/
gorkie
Art Freak

Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:14 am

Yeah it's amazing the time he puts into his work.

I am pretty sure I remember Soph telling me that the average painting takes about 3 months and that the work in that show represented about 3 years worth of Jeremy's life. She also told me the number of hours he typically paints each day and I cannot remember what it was but I do remember being blown away by whatever that number was.
It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see. - Thoreau
@gorkieartdogma on Instagram
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:15 am

gorkie wrote:Yeah it's amazing the time he puts into his work. She also told me the number of hours he typically paints each day and I cannot remember what it was but I do remember being blown away by whatever that number was.
12 hours per day, 7 days per week. No joke, it's in the podcast.
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
gorkie
Art Freak

Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:22 am

Thanks.

I am not so sure I have my facts straight actually because all those paintings in that show are dated 2011 and 2012. So maybe that's not 3 years worth of work. Maybe 2 years. But I really thought she said 3.

She was so sweet by the way. Both of them were truly patient and so nice with everyone.
gorkie
Art Freak

Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:24 am

Took this that night.
image.jpg
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:28 am

gorkie wrote:Thanks.

I am not so sure I have my facts straight actually because all those paintings in that show are dated 2011 and 2012. So maybe that's not 3 years worth of work. Maybe 2 years. But I really thought she said 3.
It's no wonder one of his paintings is titled 'A Tribute to the Protestant Work Ethic'...
gorkie wrote:She was so sweet by the way. Both of them were truly patient and so nice with everyone.
One of my favorite moments of the show was while I was standing/staring at Miserere 2 I feel this shoulder check and look over to see it's soph just kind of saying hey, what's up. Very cool of her to literally rub shoulders with us little guys.

Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
gorkie
Art Freak

Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:44 am

Love it.

I think at one point I was shaking a little when looking at that Miserere 2. I was in absolute awe. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing.
dsanacore
Art Expert

Fri Nov 14, 2014 12:58 am

HappaHaoli wrote: Image

The towel rack speaks to me... It's so... real...
Image Image
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:03 am

gorkie wrote:Love it.

I think at one point I was shaking a little when looking at that Miserere 2. I was in absolute awe. Amazing. Amazing. Amazing.
Robbie's (x43x) pics never disappoint... http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 1#p1694581
Image x6 ImageImage x2
misterwhisper
Art Expert

Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:15 am

RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:22 am

That description :lol:

It made me want to buy it
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
Sithlord32
Art Expert

Fri Nov 14, 2014 1:23 am

misterwhisper wrote:eBay 251717932905 :roll:
Same thing happened for the Vacvvm release day. Flippers are shameless indeed.
You can eat from a golden spoon but the cornflakes will taste the same

THC x 5
wottagunn
Art Expert

Fri Nov 14, 2014 2:30 am

cmatthews11 wrote:Do you just email him immediately after asking him to sign in the image area?
In regards to this, I heard back from Soph and she said because of the huge number of prints they're expecting to deal with, she can't promise anything with the signing.
If it doesn't happen (most likely) she said she would gladly accept it once the dust has settled and can then post it back to you.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:13 am

maddoghoek100 wrote:yawn and double yawn. 6 months later and It still feels like a re-release of the red cosmo. At the juxtapose show where it was displayed a rehash of a juxtapose cover made sense, now it is really just a rehash. For a guy that puts out at most a handful of prints a year it is just such a waste. I think folks who are desperate to get a geddes are going to balk at the price, and if they are realy dying to get a geddes failing echo is available for basically cost plus shipping. He should wait to put out something he is happy with and fits uniquely in his catalog. This end of year release just feels like they need an end of year cash infusion (and im all for an end of your cash grab, but would prefer it be with a different piece)
maddoghoek100 wrote:The pats are solid dudes, so stirring the pot with unfounded accusations does no good for anyone and drives people with information away from the board. others have said it before, many artist and their staffs stay away because they (rightly or wrongly) have a negative opinion of the kinds of comments made on the board. So lets keep it polite and dare i say positive.
Luls.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
hellosir
Art Freak

Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:47 am

That's some quality contradiction