Jeremy Geddes thread

General art-related discussion.
chaeldub
Art Expert

Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:11 am

I asked Soph a while ago if he'd do a local show but she said probably not as there isnt the base for it. Now if Michael Peck and Joel Rea can sellout shows in Melbourne then I find it hard to believe that Jeremy or Ken couldn't do the same.Do a smaller show or combine the show with another artist that way your not commiting to the work of a solo gig.

This needs to happen!
mrkyuss
Art God

Mon Feb 23, 2015 7:47 am

I'd go to that.
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
wapalms
Art Expert

Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:01 am

Should just sneak up and try and look in a window or sumpin :shock:

Not,
Image Image X2
rubberneck
Art God

Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:09 am

wapalms wrote:
Bloke needs to do an Exhibit here methinks Luke, love to see an original in the flesh, his gallery is only up the road a bit.
Seems like this was the last local one:

"Outré Gallery is proud to announce the long anticipated second solo exhibition of local painter JEREMY GEDDES. His first exhibition ‘Reflex’ two years ago was a sell out with paintings going to both local and international collectors with a taste for the dark, the gothic and the latently (and overtly) violent.

This exhibition of original paintings by Geddes are from his much anticipated Eilean Mor project.

The launch of "The Mystery of Eilean Mor", the new thrilling book of foreboding and mystery, is the result of a collaboration between Geddes and best selling Australian author Gary Crew.

The tale is one of a sea captain whose investigations into a mysterious lighthouse breeds thrilling suspense and wonder, as well as providing a moody premise for Geddes' luscious and dramatic studies of light and dark.

With an eye to traditional oil painting techniques, Jeremy's painting surfaces are a thing of wonder with rich, deep glazes that require dedication and patience to perfect. "

Outre gallery are still selling the latest open edition print (privately acquired it appears, he is not on their artist list).

http://www.outre-gallery.com.au/product ... hypostasis

Might be worth asking them if there are any plans for another exhibition seeing as he has only become more popular since. I used to oggle some of their OG's in there back in 2005/6 and they had a Giger piece I was really keen on. Never did pull the trigger on it... :hanging:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
Sithlord32
Art Expert

Tue Feb 24, 2015 8:39 pm

rubberneck wrote:
wapalms wrote:
Bloke needs to do an Exhibit here methinks Luke, love to see an original in the flesh, his gallery is only up the road a bit.
Seems like this was the last local one:

"Outré Gallery is proud to announce the long anticipated second solo exhibition of local painter JEREMY GEDDES. His first exhibition ‘Reflex’ two years ago was a sell out with paintings going to both local and international collectors with a taste for the dark, the gothic and the latently (and overtly) violent.

This exhibition of original paintings by Geddes are from his much anticipated Eilean Mor project.

The launch of "The Mystery of Eilean Mor", the new thrilling book of foreboding and mystery, is the result of a collaboration between Geddes and best selling Australian author Gary Crew.

The tale is one of a sea captain whose investigations into a mysterious lighthouse breeds thrilling suspense and wonder, as well as providing a moody premise for Geddes' luscious and dramatic studies of light and dark.

With an eye to traditional oil painting techniques, Jeremy's painting surfaces are a thing of wonder with rich, deep glazes that require dedication and patience to perfect. "

Outre gallery are still selling the latest open edition print (privately acquired it appears, he is not on their artist list).

http://www.outre-gallery.com.au/product ... hypostasis

Might be worth asking them if there are any plans for another exhibition seeing as he has only become more popular since. I used to oggle some of their OG's in there back in 2005/6 and they had a Giger piece I was really keen on. Never did pull the trigger on it... :hanging:
A original piece from Giger would be the cats meow. Way out of my means though i have this LI II framed from his gallery in Switzerland. Probably the thickest paper stock ive ever seen.

You can eat from a golden spoon but the cornflakes will taste the same

THC x 5
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:43 pm

Website overhaul... http://www.jeremygeddesart.com/
9 hours ago
My new website is now alive and operational :) An infinite number of thanks to Jackie from @and_the_void for the amazing design.
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
rubberneck
Art God

Fri Feb 27, 2015 12:50 pm

Found the secret link yet? 8)

kinqcuonq
Art Connoisseur

Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:20 pm

Picked up my Valentine's Day gift from the framer's today. My first but definitely not my last Geddes piece. Going to need another cosmonaut for the wall.

mrkyuss
Art God

Sat Feb 28, 2015 10:46 pm

Tight framejob. Nice chair too.
jkw3000
EB Team

Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:16 pm

HappaHaoli wrote:Website overhaul... http://www.jeremygeddesart.com/
9 hours ago
My new website is now alive and operational :) An infinite number of thanks to Jackie from @and_the_void for the amazing design.
Love the high-res pic downloads. Jem's the man. :notworthy:
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
Xander
Art Expert

Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:49 pm

A third portfolio set, a book and more prints coming later this year.

Awesome!
rubberneck
Art God

Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:52 pm

jkw3000 wrote:
HappaHaoli wrote:Website overhaul... http://www.jeremygeddesart.com/
9 hours ago
Love the high-res pic downloads. Jem's the man. :notworthy:
Heat Death pillow cases for everyone!

mrkyuss
Art God

Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:17 pm

+2
sidewaysscott
Art God

Mon Mar 02, 2015 4:24 pm

Xander wrote:A third portfolio set, a book and more prints coming later this year.

Awesome!
nice!
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
eseffinga
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:37 pm

I spotted an announcement on another board from a friend of mine, that he has plans to list one of Jem's older comic cover paintings on feeBay this afternoon/evening. It's very large. I'm curious to see how it does. Hopefully well. Gregg is a cool cat and good people.

Consider yourselves forewarned if you are into Jeremy's badass painting skills and dig on that era of work.

:pint: