Jeremy Geddes thread

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
wonkabars7
Art Expert
Posts: 7181
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:13 pm

Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:04 am

If you can’t afford to frame a $200 print, maybe don’t spend $200 on a print.
User avatar
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 52227
Joined: Fri Jun 06, 2014 4:50 pm
Location: Austin, TX

Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:26 am

Somebody's got a case of the Mondays. :D
So it goes...
KalleBalle
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Sweden

Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:32 am

wonkabars7 wrote:If you can’t afford to frame a $200 print, maybe don’t spend $200 on a print.
No problem
Image
User avatar
wonkabars7
Art Expert
Posts: 7181
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:13 pm

Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:45 am

That works or I’m sure there’s an IKEA frame to be had in your neck of the woods.
User avatar
tranito
Art Expert
Posts: 8010
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:00 am
Location: Canada

Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:50 am

It's not only about framing costs, but framing choices as well. Some prints look great in a simple black frame, but this one will look way better in something more elaborate and personalized. I'm thinking multiple mats with the right combination of colors. It surely is a bigger headache to do it justice than your average 18x24 print that you can slap in a black frame.. and yeah, way more expensive.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
User avatar
wonkabars7
Art Expert
Posts: 7181
Joined: Wed May 06, 2009 2:13 pm

Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:52 am

Put it in a clean, simple white frame and let the art speak for itself.
User avatar
tranito
Art Expert
Posts: 8010
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:00 am
Location: Canada

Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:54 am

I have to disagree here. And I like clean white frames myself.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
Posts: 25831
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:55 am

Art, subjective business...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0


"rara charta, gravi negotio"
KalleBalle
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 93
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:15 pm
Location: Sweden

Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:06 am

wonkabars7 wrote:That works or I’m sure there’s an IKEA frame to be had in your neck of the woods.
Yeah you would think that, but living here with this hobby is a pain since every single print is in inches and stores like IKEA only have frames fixed to centimeters. Not only that but my "go to" framer, who gave me good deals has retired :(
User avatar
Gundam
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 907
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:23 pm
Location: Toronto, ON

Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:32 pm

KalleBalle wrote:
wonkabars7 wrote:That works or I’m sure there’s an IKEA frame to be had in your neck of the woods.
Yeah you would think that, but living here with this hobby is a pain since every single print is in inches and stores like IKEA only have frames fixed to centimeters. Not only that but my "go to" framer, who gave me good deals has retired :(
Measure/convert the print to cm or vice versa. I'm in a metric system country too, no problem so far.
User avatar
meskell
Art Expert
Posts: 2566
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:41 pm

Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:37 pm

Image
Wanda: I can't stand people. I hate them. Do you hate them?
Henry: No, but I seem to feel better when they're not around.
User avatar
mtarail
Art Expert
Posts: 3323
Joined: Fri Dec 18, 2009 12:01 am
Location: AZ

Mon Oct 23, 2017 8:54 pm

wonkabars7 wrote:Put it in a clean, simple white frame and let the art speak for itself.
That's kinda where I'm leaning, too.
lemtar999
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 193
Joined: Fri Oct 09, 2015 5:30 am
Location: New Jersey

Mon Oct 23, 2017 9:05 pm

I dont know how im framing this one. I know a simple black frame would work but I have so many elaborate frames on the wall where its going it might just look bad so plain.
User avatar
Cbjornson
Art Expert
Posts: 1672
Joined: Wed Sep 09, 2009 5:05 pm
Location: NoDak

Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:48 pm

Edition of 1010
maden wrote:Never apologize on the internet.
gonzo303 wrote:This is Gonzos mom
User avatar
fredo
Art God
Posts: 26891
Joined: Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:26 pm
Location: ENZEE

Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:29 am

wonkabars7 wrote:Put it in a clean, simple white frame and let the art speak for itself.
In my experience/opinion simple black or white frames don't always do that.
just a foil for me today, thanks
Post Reply