Jeremy Geddes thread

General art-related discussion.
misterwhisper
Art Expert

Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:19 pm

fourputt wrote:Just got the second round offer email. Don't know what to do. Swore myself off of Geddes prints after the JLG show BS...
What happened at the JLG show?
guerilladubber
Art Expert

Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:29 pm

misterwhisper wrote:
fourputt wrote:Just got the second round offer email. Don't know what to do. Swore myself off of Geddes prints after the JLG show BS...
we all waited in line and got Geddes prints....
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
misterwhisper
Art Expert

Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:34 pm

guerilladubber wrote:
misterwhisper wrote:
we all waited in line and got Geddes prints....
That's what I thought. What was the BS?
IWish
Art Expert

Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:37 pm

From what I've read in this thread and the Adrift thread...if you breathe on this print it will cause scuffs. I sorta' don't blame fourputt for not wanting to deal with it. A high-anxiety print, fer sure. I'm already nervous when I think about framing it.

Speaking of framing, I remembered seeing this frame-up of the Adrift and loved it. Corey (Peacedog) and company did this at Furthur Frames. 1" spacer behind the mat...a great effect. Don't laugh at me, I can imagine feeling like Julia looking out the viewport at George when I think of the effect this type of frame-up would provide. :wink: 8)
opence wrote:The 1" spacer that raises the mat gives the illusion that the cosmo is floating deeper into space away from the viewers eye and back into the wall. Its also very cool when one walks in from the side to the front to view.
http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 6#p1618836

fourputt
Art Enthusiast

Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:58 pm

All of your wonderful replies to my heartfelt post have only proven my point that trying to arrange a deal would be more hassle than happy. EB never disappoints.

When did Comic Book Guy start teaching at The Learning Annex? I have no idea why I continue to frequent this place, bunch of wankers for the most part. Can't wait to see what this post brings.
fung430
Art Connoisseur

Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:01 pm

you mean your pm replies? I don't anyone made any inappropriate comments here...
ejg904
Art Expert

Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:16 pm

fourputt wrote:All of your wonderful replies to my heartfelt post have only proven my point that trying to arrange a deal would be more hassle than happy. EB never disappoints.

When did Comic Book Guy start teaching at The Learning Annex? I have no idea why I continue to frequent this place, bunch of wankers for the most part. Can't wait to see what this post brings.
what do you want, a handjob? a medal? what do you expect when you offer the print up at cost, then essentially tell everyone to drymount themselves an hour later?

OP: i got the opportunity to buy a print; i'm considering passing it on at cost
**inbox explodes with interest**
OP: after great deliberation, i've decided not to help anyone. i don't want it, and i won't pb it for anyone
EB: you're a dumbass
OP: my feelings are hurt
Chico wrote:
i work in sales. w2 last year was +150K, this year, at 87% of year goal to date and on pace for +200K

want to compare bank accounts, wives, and art portfolios?
zefarrett
Art Freak

Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:25 pm

Fun fact: You suck.
me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)
middayshadows
Art Expert

Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:32 pm

This is boring. The guy is a flake. Let's move on, shall we...
Image Image
Kramerica
Art Freak

Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:46 pm

Have they started notifying winners yet? I still haven't heard anything.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
acidfree
Art Expert

Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:47 pm

IWish wrote:From what I've read in this thread and the Adrift thread...if you breathe on this print it will cause scuffs. I sorta' don't blame fourputt for not wanting to deal with it. A high-anxiety print, fer sure. I'm already nervous when I think about framing it.

Speaking of framing, I remembered seeing this frame-up of the Adrift and loved it. Corey (Peacedog) and company did this at Furthur Frames. 1" spacer behind the mat...a great effect. Don't laugh at me, I can imagine feeling like Julia looking out the viewport at George when I think of the effect this type of frame-up would provide. :wink: 8)

I remember this one!

Looks like I'll be sending my Ascent to Corey... :lol:
arbalest
Art Enthusiast

Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:49 pm

DonPiano wrote:Any financial risk? You get them to pay you for the print, you pay for the print with their money, they pay for postage from you to them. No real financial risk.

I bet Jeremy's probably going, well, I've never had to send out a third round before.
taking someone else's money for something that someone else is supposed to send to you? There's a few places where something could go wrong. Not a 0% risk situation
jesseindisguise
Art Expert

Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:49 pm

#Benghazi
Blake wrote:Always Be Tubing.
hellosir
Art Freak

Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:00 pm

ejg904 wrote:
fourputt wrote:All of your wonderful replies to my heartfelt post have only proven my point that trying to arrange a deal would be more hassle than happy. EB never disappoints.

what do you want, a handjob? a medal? what do you expect when you offer the print up at cost, then essentially tell everyone to drymount themselves an hour later?

OP: i got the opportunity to buy a print; i'm considering passing it on at cost
**inbox explodes with interest**
OP: after great deliberation, i've decided not to help anyone. i don't want it, and i won't pb it for anyone
EB: you're a dumbass
OP: my feelings are hurt
Don't forget the four escalating scenarios that he apparently came up with in order to get the print for cost
Handie, oral, anal, anal w/reacharound?
IWish
Art Expert

Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:06 pm

acidfree wrote:I remember this one!

Looks like I'll be sending my Ascent to Corey... :lol:
Yeah, it's nice. The one pictured has a 4" mat boarder (o.a. aprox 36 x36 framed) I wonder if it would look just as good with...maybe a 2" mat boarder? I'd prefer a smaller framed dimension...say, like 32 x 32 o.a.
arbalest wrote: There's a few places where something could go wrong. Not a 0% risk situation
True.