Jeremy Geddes thread

General art-related discussion.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:52 pm

ajmmck wrote:Its Thursday morning here, 7:50am. Its also raining in Sydney for those playing at home!
and wintertime correct?
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
ajmmck
Art Expert

Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:53 pm

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:
ajmmck wrote:Its Thursday morning here, 7:50am. Its also raining in Sydney for those playing at home!
and wintertime correct?
Yep!
HisBobness
Art Expert

Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:57 pm

winter time is coming, the windows are filled with frost
wizdom
Art Expert

Wed Jun 04, 2014 5:58 pm

Slightly off-topic...I thought there was going to be a print release of Begin Again? Wonder what happened to that..
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:00 pm

misterwhisper wrote:
fribhey wrote:
nicecollector wrote:Just so you guys know, the lottery using Mailchimp which can track who's shared their signup link to get multiples
the mailchimp link was posted on Jeremy's blog, which means Jeremy himself shared the sign up link the most therefor he should be banned from buying this print.

Hey, look at that, nicecollector's right. Looks like it's not the blog link, but the email itself that's tracked. That's kinda cool, in a Big Brother NSA sorta way. Or at least it is if it increases my chances by weeding out PBs.
mailchimp wrote: "When campaigns are sent through MailChimp, we embed a tiny invisible graphic in the bottom of your HTML email. This open tracker graphic, or web beacon, is unique to each campaign you send. Each time someone opens your email and views the images within it, that open-tracker graphic is downloaded from our server. Each time that graphic is downloaded, we'll count that as an open on your campaign report. Open tracking, along with click tracking, is an easy way to measure subscriber engagement.
Image"
ISO tiny invisible Jeremy Geddes graphic.

"Forwarded
Number of times the campaign was forwarded using the Forward to a Friend form. This stat only considers forwards through the Forward to a Friend form and is not able to detect when a subscriber uses the forwarding function in their email program."
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
Xander
Art Expert

Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:10 pm

wizdom wrote:Slightly off-topic...I thought there was going to be a print release of Begin Again? Wonder what happened to that..
Maybe that's the next time release edition print.
fribhey
Art Expert

Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:10 pm

misterwhisper wrote:
fribhey wrote:
nicecollector wrote:Just so you guys know, the lottery using Mailchimp which can track who's shared their signup link to get multiples
the mailchimp link was posted on Jeremy's blog, which means Jeremy himself shared the sign up link the most therefor he should be banned from buying this print.

Hey, look at that, nicecollector's right. Looks like it's not the blog link, but the email itself that's tracked. That's kinda cool, in a Big Brother NSA sorta way. Or at least it is if it increases my chances by weeding out PBs.
mailchimp wrote: "When campaigns are sent through MailChimp, we embed a tiny invisible graphic in the bottom of your HTML email. This open tracker graphic, or web beacon, is unique to each campaign you send. Each time someone opens your email and views the images within it, that open-tracker graphic is downloaded from our server. Each time that graphic is downloaded, we'll count that as an open on your campaign report. Open tracking, along with click tracking, is an easy way to measure subscriber engagement.
Image"
ISO tiny invisible Jeremy Geddes graphic.
I use mailchimp for many many clients and I know one can add a tracking code to track clicks... My point was that jeremy made the link public on his site making trying to track down multiple entries through the email link kind of pointless. I can click on the link in the email 10 times but that doesn't mean anything. Unless they added some kind of conversion tracking then click counting doesn't really mean anything in regards to the lottery.
xbrc
Art Expert

Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:12 pm

So am I drymounted if I entered the lottery via Pineapple's link in his ISO thread, and didn't follow Geddes's FB link?
Nemesis01
Art Expert

Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:12 pm

I have a feeling alot of people are going to be able to manipulate the system on this lol
slunkey
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:16 pm

So when should we be expecting these emails to be going out?
mrkyuss
Art God

Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:18 pm

It's 8:18am here, give Jem some time to get up and make some breakfast first.
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
hellosir
Art Freak

Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:29 pm

What are you having?
mrkyuss
Art God

Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:33 pm

Had an egg sandwich. Really hit the spot.
President of the DALeast MAN LOVE club.
President of the Late Night Crew (LNC).
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:34 pm

mrkyuss wrote:Had an egg sandwich. Really hit the spot.
With Vegemite? And would that question be Australian racism?
Last edited by ToolFanFromWayBack on Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
hellosir
Art Freak

Wed Jun 04, 2014 6:35 pm

Eggs on toast?
You lose your job recently?