Jeremy Geddes thread

General art-related discussion.
Post Reply
leebgb
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 43
Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:46 pm
Location: Fort Mill, South Carolina

Thu May 12, 2011 1:00 pm

Just personal preference. I love Cafe but put it off because the Cosmonaut prints were selling much faster so I went for those instead. I did finally get Cafe last week.

I really dig the cosmonaut in the Red Cosmonaut piece but I'm just not crazy about the red background. Most of the other cosmonaut pieces have more of an desolate, eerie but calm feel to me while this one doesn't because of the background. It's a great looking print from the photos I've seen but my least favorite cosmo because of the background.
User avatar
caleb
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 653
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:50 pm
Location: Eugene

Fri May 13, 2011 12:46 pm

Cafe +1
User avatar
flatland333
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 339
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:01 am

Sat May 14, 2011 1:57 am

cafe... SOLD OUT
User avatar
bisondice
Art Expert
Posts: 1344
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Maryland, US

Sat May 14, 2011 2:48 am

Good thing were not stockbrokers or there would have been some serious insider trading allegations regarding Cafe :D
ErocAfellar wrote:Once you start buying art for the image and not the perceived value, it becomes more fun and less stressful.
User avatar
x43x
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 666
Joined: Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:35 pm

Sat May 14, 2011 3:11 am

Its about bloody time. I've been enjoying mine on the wall for over a year now. I can't believe it lasted so long.
rossco
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 161
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:36 am
Location: Perth, Western Australia

Sat May 14, 2011 9:37 pm

Auction isnt mine and the price is a bit rich, although i havent seen a whole bunch of redemptions come up for sale.

eBay 120721190108
User avatar
HappaHaoli
Art Expert
Posts: 5533
Joined: Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:01 am
Location: a place without a postcard

Sat May 14, 2011 9:44 pm

rossco wrote:Auction isnt mine and the price is a bit rich, although i havent seen a whole bunch of redemptions come up for sale.

eBay 120721190108
When your eBay ID is classact but your feedack is in the 97% range you should be forced to change it... because you're apparently anything but.
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
Posts: 25830
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Sat May 14, 2011 9:47 pm

A Freeway went up for sale or trade two days ago by a fellow member, I pm'd but received no reply. It's no longer up, anyone get lucky?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0


"rara charta, gravi negotio"
User avatar
rauchadam
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:00 am

Sat May 14, 2011 9:49 pm

rubberneck wrote:A Freeway went up for sale or trade two days ago by a fellow member, I pm'd but received no reply. It's no longer up, anyone get lucky?
It was a mistake... He meant to mark it ISO.
User avatar
rubberneck
Art God
Posts: 25830
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:19 pm
Location: Houston, TX

Sat May 14, 2011 9:53 pm

rauchadam wrote:
rubberneck wrote:A Freeway went up for sale or trade two days ago by a fellow member, I pm'd but received no reply. It's no longer up, anyone get lucky?
It was a mistake... He meant to mark it ISO.
Jesus, that mistake had me doing a full inventory of my trades and funds....

Where was this confirmed, btw?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0


"rara charta, gravi negotio"
User avatar
rauchadam
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 253
Joined: Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:00 am

Sat May 14, 2011 9:58 pm

rubberneck wrote:
rauchadam wrote:
rubberneck wrote:A Freeway went up for sale or trade two days ago by a fellow member, I pm'd but received no reply. It's no longer up, anyone get lucky?
It was a mistake... He meant to mark it ISO.
Jesus, that mistake had me doing a full inventory of my trades and funds....

Where was this confirmed, btw?
Edit: I made a mistake.
User avatar
Cragars
Art Expert
Posts: 7466
Joined: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:04 am

Sun May 15, 2011 3:37 am

Now that I see Adrift framed up in black mat/black frame I've changed my mind about it. Might cop later on
User avatar
alexphoto01
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 762
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:59 am
Location: Mid-Atlantic

Sun May 15, 2011 4:20 am

Hello all. Just needed to post that I love his work, Heat Death being my favorite print. Don't see much said about it however.
-Alexander
User avatar
meskell
Art Expert
Posts: 2566
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:41 pm

Sun May 15, 2011 4:55 am

alexphoto01 wrote:Hello all. Just needed to post that I love his work, Heat Death being my favorite print. Don't see much said about it however.
-Alexander
http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopic.php?t=37356

try this ^^^^^^^^^^^^
Wanda: I can't stand people. I hate them. Do you hate them?
Henry: No, but I seem to feel better when they're not around.
User avatar
electrachrome
Site Admin
Posts: 18163
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:00 am
Location: Boston

Sun May 15, 2011 11:10 am

Cragars wrote:Now that I see Adrift framed up in black mat/black frame I've changed my mind about it. Might cop later on
rossco wrote:Image
mazdog wrote:Image
I was thinking about matting out the border but I do like how the white frames the piece.
Post Reply