OMG & G1988

General art-related discussion.
layla1234
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 347
Joined: Fri May 15, 2009 1:12 pm

Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:32 pm

would love a glimpse of Budai's or Stout's prints..
User avatar
mcnail
Art Expert
Posts: 3122
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:00 am
Location: Iowa

Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:40 pm

layla1234 wrote:would love a glimpse of Budai's or Stout's prints..
Stouts has been shown, it's a few pages back. Budai's is one of my favorites, it has not been revealed yet.
User avatar
fluffhead13
Art Expert
Posts: 5702
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2007 3:09 am

Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:43 pm

layla1234 wrote:would love a glimpse of Budai's or Stout's prints..
the Stout pic has been posted somewhere in here. Kind of a let down in most people's opinion. Hopefully he was just too busy with other great movie prints.
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 53328
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:50 pm

jojobadass wrote:thank goodness, at first I thought it was some Title IX crap.
I thought it was Jermaine.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
byc101
Art Expert
Posts: 2513
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 1:00 am
Location: CT

Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:04 pm

iratasan wrote:
jojobadass wrote:jimmy snuka
:2thumb:

rowdy roddy piper.
Want a coconut?
User avatar
gonzo303
Art Freak
Posts: 18434
Joined: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:49 pm

Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:08 pm

mcnail wrote:
layla1234 wrote:would love a glimpse of Budai's or Stout's prints..
Stouts has been shown, it's a few pages back. Budai's is one of my favorites, it has not been revealed yet.
do you know about what time the email will go out. I forgot my wallet and they don't do paypal correct? It's all phone orders?
Same fudge, different drop.
User avatar
pewter14
EB Team
Posts: 15338
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:58 am

Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:11 pm

iratasan wrote: rowdy roddy piper.
Still holding out hope there's eventually a They Live print for Alamo ... but, that's a whole differnt thread.

Damn I wish this show was in SF.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
User avatar
ReverendToneZone
Art Expert
Posts: 2082
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 1:00 am
Location: Los Angeles

Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:12 pm

This is turning out to be a sweet a$s show.
iratasan
Flipper
Posts: 10055
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Milliways
Contact:

Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:33 pm

pewter14 wrote:
iratasan wrote: rowdy roddy piper.
Still holding out hope there's eventually a They Live print for Alamo ... but, that's a whole differnt thread.

Damn I wish this show was in SF.
yeah, i am holding out for that as well and for my dream of a possible stout oldboy print one day.
but, since shep has used the AVs of that movie so excessively, doesn't the intellectual properties of that movie and also of andre the giant belong to shep by now? sooo maybe they want to do a print for "they live", but fairey does not allow it, because his art clearly came way before the movie and he wants to prevent confusion.
byc101 wrote:
iratasan wrote:
jojobadass wrote:jimmy snuka
:2thumb:

rowdy roddy piper.
Want a coconut?
:lol:
User avatar
pewter14
EB Team
Posts: 15338
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:58 am

Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:41 pm

iratasan wrote:
pewter14 wrote:
iratasan wrote: rowdy roddy piper.
Still holding out hope there's eventually a They Live print for Alamo ... but, that's a whole differnt thread.
yeah, i am holding out for that as well and for my dream of a possible stout oldboy print one day.
but, since shep has used the AVs of that movie so excessively, doesn't the intellectual properties of that movie and also of andre the giant belong to shep by now? sooo maybe they want to do a print for "they live", but fairey does not allow it, because his art clearly came way before the movie and he wants to prevent confusion.
Wait, is that sarcasm/a joke? They Live was before Shep (was an inspiration actually), and Andre the Giant has nothing to do with the movie ... I'm confused.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
User avatar
mistersmith
Art Freak
Posts: 13557
Joined: Sat Nov 17, 2007 5:09 am
Location: SF, CA

Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:54 pm

Stop talking about professional wrestling, this is a sports thread.
electrachrome, mostly kidding wrote:mr smith, EB's poet laureate.
Take this man at his word:
misterx wrote:Don't enter into discourse with me.
iratasan
Flipper
Posts: 10055
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Milliways
Contact:

Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:58 pm

pewter14 wrote:
iratasan wrote:
pewter14 wrote:
iratasan wrote: rowdy roddy piper.
Still holding out hope there's eventually a They Live print for Alamo ... but, that's a whole differnt thread.
yeah, i am holding out for that as well and for my dream of a possible stout oldboy print one day.
but, since shep has used the AVs of that movie so excessively, doesn't the intellectual properties of that movie and also of andre the giant belong to shep by now? sooo maybe they want to do a print for "they live", but fairey does not allow it, because his art clearly came way before the movie and he wants to prevent confusion.
Wait, is that sarcasm/a joke? They Live was before Shep (was an inspiration actually), and Andre the Giant has nothing to do with the movie ... I'm confused.
of course it is sarcasm, bro. c'moooon. my point (no serious criticism, just fun) being that shep overused the images from this movie and the pics from andre as well so excessively that all copyright, trademark and all other intellectual property regarding or surrounding the movie and the person andre the giant (which is not in any way related to the movie) has become his own over time and that he would not allow the use of those images to any other person, even if it was to promote the movie where it was originally stolen from.

ok, it's not as funny as i thought. move along peeps, nothing to see here. ;)
User avatar
igotid
Art Expert
Posts: 1226
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:00 am

Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:58 pm

mistersmith wrote:Stop talking about professional wrestling, this is a sports thread.
User avatar
pewter14
EB Team
Posts: 15338
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:58 am

Thu Mar 04, 2010 3:01 pm

ok .. back to the sports.

Seeing as the artists are taking such liberty with the phrase "Greatest moments in sports history", I'm shocked there are no Bonds/Sosa/McGwire prints ...
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
Post Reply