OMG & G1988

General art-related discussion.
charter
Art Expert

Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:00 am

I am sad that I probably won't get the Olly. They denied my email and I bet it sells out at the Gallery :(
entropy
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:21 am

I was able to reserve my Olly Moss "Master race". Apparently they haven't come in yet... but they did have one on display.

But when I saw the Nolan Ryan print by Jon Smith, it knocked me out. Could not resist and had to buy. (I had talked myself out of buying it on my way in). I'd really love for him to do a print of the George Brett pine tar incident as a companion piece.

I also purchased the panoramic version of DD's fenway for a fellow EB member. It'll be ready in 4 weeks or so. It's a very high run of 200. Will it really sell out that quickly? Well, Jensen did say they were about 300 emails behind.

Honorable mention: the Pacman screen print by Alan Hynes. the gold ink in there is metallic. this one really stood out for me. it's quite awesome and I am a Manny Pacquiao fan, have been since maybe 4 weight classes ago. But at $100 I passed.
phistory
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:27 am

I picked up the BK ($40)..colors are amazing in person...also picked up the eric tan tyson ($70)...this poster is HUGE and i think the best print at the show...lots of work went into this one. Next i picked The Dude by mitchell ($70)...those are the only ones they had in stock...but i grabbed a cut and uncut Danger Fenway ($100 each)...and lastly the Olly ($40)...my total came to $465 with tax...the traffic on the 101 freeway was hell getting there and back to agoura hills...traffic was 3 hours....waiting in line at gallery 45 mins.

glad to be home.
:pint:
Listen to my last words...they might be what i just said. --D.Mustane.
Olly
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:44 am

Fun show. Sorry I didn't get the prints there in time. Mike Mitchell and I got stuck in traffic. They're all there now if you want to pick one up tomorrow.
phistory
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:59 am

Olly wrote:Fun show. Sorry I didn't get the prints there in time. Mike Mitchell and I got stuck in traffic. They're all there now if you want to pick one up tomorrow.
Yeah that traffic was something else...glad to see you made it. thanks for the heads-up on the arrival of the prints...glad i decided to purchase even though we couldn't go home with one...nice work...this is my first Olly! :D
Listen to my last words...they might be what i just said. --D.Mustane.
sabotage
Art Expert

Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:51 am

Kind of a joke if you ask me. Because the artists (DD and Olly) didnt get their fudge in order people at the show have to come back to pick it up or pay for shipping. When I told Jensen I shouldn't have to pay shipping after driving 2 hours to pick up posters he said "if you don't like it, don't buy it. You and I both know I'll sell em out tonight anyway." Nice customer service dude.. At least give us some cookies and beer when you promote the fudge out of an opening.
rmoore
Art Expert

Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:45 am

entropy wrote:I'd really love for him to do a print of the George Brett pine tar incident as a companion piece.
Two possibly better companion pieces (just because they're fights — Brett didn't hit anyone):
Pedro_Zimmer2.jpg
arod_varitek.jpg
Catarax
Art Expert

Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:52 am

those two pics are classic.. it shows not to mess with the Red Sox, for they will go for the eyes and jugular the first chance they get..
sixstringer wrote: I don't care how they look...I just want to pop off the top and huff the tube!
tj
Art Expert

Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:09 am

sabotage wrote:Kind of a joke if you ask me. Because the artists (DD and Olly) didnt get their fudge in order people at the show have to come back to pick it up or pay for shipping. When I told Jensen I shouldn't have to pay shipping after driving 2 hours to pick up posters he said "if you don't like it, don't buy it. You and I both know I'll sell em out tonight anyway." Nice customer service dude.. At least give us some cookies and beer when you promote the fudge out of an opening.
Who do you expect to pay for shipping? it's only a 40 dollar print. Olly? Jenson? I mean, really -- break it down. Let's use D&L for pricing -- they cost about $3.35 each to print up. So, who is paying for that? If they split it, then each get $18.33 per print sold. So you're saying that they should give you $8 bucks of their measly 18 bucks a print to ship? So either Olly put in all his hard work and he has to pay YOU b/c he got stuck in traffic or Jenson, who has to pay rent on the damn gallery, has to pay you 8 bucks? Either way it's 43% of their profit? That's insane. Just pay the 8 bucks and sell the print for twice as much.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:17 am

sabotage wrote:Kind of a joke if you ask me. Because the artists (DD and Olly) didnt get their fudge in order people at the show have to come back to pick it up or pay for shipping. When I told Jensen I shouldn't have to pay shipping after driving 2 hours to pick up posters he said "if you don't like it, don't buy it. You and I both know I'll sell em out tonight anyway." Nice customer service dude.. At least give us some cookies and beer when you promote the fudge out of an opening.
:arrow: if you don't like it, don't buy it.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
sir_smokealot
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:38 am

Does Bike Joe feel the same way about this?
Go tell the women that we're leaving.
alteridiom
Art Expert

Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:41 am

tj wrote:
Who do you expect to pay for shipping? it's only a 40 dollar print. Olly? Jenson? I mean, really -- break it down. Let's use D&L for pricing -- they cost about $3.35 each to print up. So, who is paying for that? If they split it, then each get $18.33 per print sold. So you're saying that they should give you $8 bucks of their measly 18 bucks a print to ship? So either Olly put in all his hard work and he has to pay YOU b/c he got stuck in traffic or Jenson, who has to pay rent on the damn gallery, has to pay you 8 bucks? Either way it's 43% of their profit? That's insane. Just pay the 8 bucks and sell the print for twice as much.
:clap:
Small town pizza lawyer
ldiddy
Art Expert

Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:54 am

I don't think he's talking so much about the shipping - instead it's the fact that he has to come back. That is kind of a buzz kill - can't argue w/ that. Add in two trips to the gallary with those figures PLUS a snobby reply to his suggestion and there you have it, sour grapes and rightfully so in my opinion. No need for the "take it or leave it" suggestion, that was very much uncalled for.
usamamasan1
Art Expert

Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:17 am

don't forget about the no beer or cookies either.

no music on when they opened too. just a bunch of flippers in line. Hi mom!
let's all smile together.
sabotage
Art Expert

Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:36 am

tj wrote: Who do you expect to pay for shipping? it's only a 40 dollar print. Olly? Jenson? I mean, really -- break it down. Let's use D&L for pricing -- they cost about $3.35 each to print up. So, who is paying for that? If they split it, then each get $18.33 per print sold. So you're saying that they should give you $8 bucks of their measly 18 bucks a print to ship? So either Olly put in all his hard work and he has to pay YOU b/c he got stuck in traffic or Jenson, who has to pay rent on the damn gallery, has to pay you 8 bucks? Either way it's 43% of their profit? That's insane. Just pay the 8 bucks and sell the print for twice as much.
You're math is a little flawed. If they (Jensen and Olly) are splitting everything they would each pay $4 and make $1400, thats beside the point. Its LA! Of course you get stuck in traffic! Why would you wait until the night of the show to deliver the goods? Which brings up another point, I think the f'n prints were there. Olly walked in with a stack of prints, not sure if they were the "race" prints though.
So tj, want it for $80 plus shipping?