OMG & G1988

General art-related discussion.
pewter14
EB Team

Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:54 pm

Suprised this one generated so little discussion ... I dig it.

mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
andruw000
Art Expert

Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:55 pm

bad joke, sorry guys. and it was actually more of a comment on Buck's signature, which i realize isn't actually his own comment. nevertheless, just being facetious.
cardhawks
Art Expert

Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:56 pm

I sent an email yesterday afternoon about 2:00 PST and no response yet
anyone else in the same boat?
pewter14
EB Team

Fri Mar 05, 2010 1:59 pm

cardhawks wrote:I sent an email yesterday afternoon about 2:00 PST and no response yet
Well, they don't open until 11, so, I'm guessing they'll sort through the remaining stuff today ... plus, they now have a better idea of what's left.

I got an order in right after the link went out. About 30 minutes later, I tired to add a print to it ... never heard back. So, I just assumed they were buried. I'll give them some time to catch their breath today.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
andruw000
Art Expert

Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:00 pm

cardhawks wrote:I sent an email yesterday afternoon about 2:00 PST and no response yet
I believe someone else mentioned that after receiving no email back for a number of hours, he/she called and asked what was up and was told that they (Gallery1988) were no longer taking email orders. But I would call to double check anyway.
maden
Art Expert

Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:01 pm

pewter14 wrote:Suprised this one generated so little discussion ... I dig it.
I think it looks pretty sweet. Would love to see it in person. Wouldn't buy it though. I have to pick and choose my battles with the lady over art wisely. Otherwise she might cut off my johnson.
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

phistory
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:12 pm

i sent email at 3pm pst cause i dont work at a desk like all the flippers on this board...jensen sent me email saying they are sold out and come on down to the show! So i did...3 hour drive...i get there and there are so many posters it was overwhelming...there were a bunch i wanted but held off on because of price...some of the not so popular pieces had really low number counts...22, 35, 50. They rolled all my posters together which wasnt the best method of transportation so i went to staples to pick up some tubes on my way out of hollywood.

For the record...I wish Poster sales were in the evening instead of during the day....seems to me like flippers are actively ready to purchase posters from 10am til 2pm while people that actually want to buy the art to hang on the wall WORK and have to purchase from EBAY. Me i am addicted to art and you flippers have been killing me since 2001!!!

Thanks to jensan and the little blonde chick for being careful with the roll job...prolly not the only job she is good at either :P ....ok i shouldnt have said that...but its prolly true. :lol:
Listen to my last words...they might be what i just said. --D.Mustane.
maden
Art Expert

Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:17 pm

phistory wrote:For the record...I wish Poster sales were in the evening instead of during the day
Yeah! With a complete disregard for time zones!!
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

adamike
Art Enthusiast

Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:32 pm

Everyone relax and put yourself in Jensen's shoes....he has been fielding calls and emails for days, if not weeks, from everyone trying to score these prints (some of which will keep and hang them, others who will sell them and probably make more profit them him and the artist combined)

That being said, if he took a short tone with someone, it wasn't the right way of handling it BUT understand what he went through yesterday fielding hundreds of emails, calls (even thought it said email orders only), requesting paypal, matching up paypal payments, setting aside prints, managing the gallery opening, etc etc etc. We all have our breaking point...cut him a break.

As for the shipping, I paid $30 for 2 prints (one DD large print so I assume I will get 2 shipments??) I have no problem paying double the amount of actual shipping to someone doing mass shipments like this...time = money and they will be packing, sorting, inputting in USPS for days. If he's making a couple points on the freight, big deal.
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Fri Mar 05, 2010 2:54 pm

phistory wrote:Thanks to jensan and the little blonde chick for being careful with the roll job...prolly not the only job she is good at either :P ....ok i shouldnt have said that...but its prolly true. :lol:
How respectful of you.
mcnail
Art Expert

Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:02 pm

If there is a delay getting an email back, it's probably due to Jensen's mountain of emails (last I heard it was around 1,000). They are still taking email orders on prints that aren't sold out, there's just a large queue of them.
jojobadass
Art God

Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:16 pm

the fishing print is the best print.
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
bloodthrust
Art Expert

Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:30 pm

Just got confirmation from Jensen that Olly's print has sold out. Shucks....
Perkins wrote:Hmm. Art with rules. Doesn't sound like all that great of an idea to me.
mistersmith wrote:It's Pearl Jam. You could poop on a piece of French Paper and write "Pearl Jam" in it with your finger and have a decent shot at AoTW.
usamamasan1
Art Expert

Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:34 pm

jojobadass wrote:the fishing print is the best print.
it was hanging verticaly at the show and i thought that looked better. Saw sig was horizontal however and ended up getting all confused.
let's all smile together.
willg
Art Expert

Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:41 pm

jojobadass wrote:the fishing print is the best print.

Reminds me of the old man and the sea.