eBay shilling bidding on Fairey! wtf

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
electrachrome
Site Admin
Posts: 18108
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:00 am
Location: Boston

Sat Feb 06, 2010 3:30 pm

it does not pay to bid high early on in auctions. I bid low to start then wait for the final 10 seconds and throw down.
User avatar
dirkstainly
EB Team
Posts: 38930
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:55 pm
Location: United States

Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:04 pm

Flimby wrote: jeffmckibben( 7 )

30-Day Summary
Total bids: 137
Items bid on: 9
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 100%
mmmmkay...I know how to get the 30-day summary you're showing...but the user name? How did you pull that off?
User avatar
soam24
Art Freak
Posts: 12340
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:00 am
Location: The land of lizards

Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:57 pm

Codeblue wrote:Doesn't get much more obvious than that.

i know, but apparently, my 3 'reports' to ebay weren't good enough.
Image
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52604
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:00 pm

How do you know they haven't done anything?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
soam24
Art Freak
Posts: 12340
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:00 am
Location: The land of lizards

Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:20 pm

Codeblue wrote:How do you know they haven't done anything?

wouldn't they cancel the auction to start?
Image
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52604
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:27 pm

Who knows? Perhaps they sent the guy or gal a warning, or are looking into it, or doing nothing.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
soam24
Art Freak
Posts: 12340
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:00 am
Location: The land of lizards

Sun Feb 07, 2010 12:37 pm

Flimby wrote:jeffmckibben( 7 )

30-Day Summary
Total bids: 137
Items bid on: 9
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 100%

The only way i know how to see the actual ebay ID of the people who are bidding is by being the one who is selling the item... unless im missing something?
Image
Flimby

Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:06 pm

soam24 wrote:
Flimby wrote:jeffmckibben( 7 )

30-Day Summary
Total bids: 137
Items bid on: 9
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 100%

The only way i know how to see the actual ebay ID of the people who are bidding is by being the one who is selling the item... unless im missing something?
let's just call it a very educated guess. regardless, very shilly bidding going on there.
User avatar
soam24
Art Freak
Posts: 12340
Joined: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:00 am
Location: The land of lizards

Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:37 pm

Flimby wrote:
soam24 wrote:
Flimby wrote:jeffmckibben( 7 )

30-Day Summary
Total bids: 137
Items bid on: 9
Bid activity (%) with this seller: 100%

The only way i know how to see the actual ebay ID of the people who are bidding is by being the one who is selling the item... unless im missing something?
let's just call it a very educated guess. regardless, very shilly bidding going on there.

interesting.
Image
User avatar
whyhoo
Art Expert
Posts: 1087
Joined: Wed May 02, 2007 12:00 am

Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:06 pm

why would you bid on anything unless it was within the last 10 seconds is beyond me
Post Reply