There's really nothing I can do here is there?

General art-related discussion.
iratasan
Flipper
Posts: 10055
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Milliways
Contact:

Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:17 pm

byc101 wrote:
iratasan wrote:<sarcasm>
i am bad at returning phone calls of girls that i slept with, so i don't have to do it, right? i find the concept of it rather confusing. that is because i am a drymounter, not a caller. drymounting and calling is handled by different sides of the brain. the drymounting part is more advanced in my case, so the calling part of my brain is underdeveloped. and we all know: drymounters are bad callers, that makes it ok.
hey, i am bad at calling too.

</sarcasm>
:lol:
thanks man, but isn't that exactly the logic of the most GP responses to lukins request?
byc101
Art Expert
Posts: 2510
Joined: Sat May 06, 2006 1:00 am
Location: CT

Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:19 pm

Yup! That's why your comment is so great.
User avatar
downtown
Art Expert
Posts: 5892
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:38 am
Location: New York
Contact:

Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:39 pm

The "us & them" attitude over at GP is as backwards as it gets.
Last edited by downtown on Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
iratasan
Flipper
Posts: 10055
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Milliways
Contact:

Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:44 pm

downtown wrote:And someone here mentioned that having a child should be an extra motivation for an artist to do better business. So true !
i know an artist with 4 kids that has the best service on this planet is and one the nicest persons i have ever dealt with, ships out fast as lightning and sometimes even finds the time to produce the shipping tubes himself so that they are up to his standarts.
Last edited by iratasan on Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 51866
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:45 pm

You're supposed to call a girl after you have sex with her?
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
iratasan
Flipper
Posts: 10055
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Milliways
Contact:

Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:49 pm

Codeblue wrote:You're supposed to call a girl after you have sex with her?
not us. we are drymounters. :wink:

apart from that, why not call her up, WHILE having sex with her, for a change?

"hey, i was just thinking about ya .... "

:lol:
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 51866
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:52 pm

A friend called me while he was having sex once, but the girl took the phone away.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
downtown
Art Expert
Posts: 5892
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:38 am
Location: New York
Contact:

Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:47 am

Codeblue wrote:A friend called me while he was having sex once, but the girl took the phone away.
I think we're done here.
User avatar
optimusGRRR
Art Expert
Posts: 1416
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:10 pm
Location: Boston

Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:40 am

"F@ck you, pay me"
crosshair
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 166
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 12:00 am

Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:06 am

dangerboy wrote:the longer that thread on GP gets, the more artists and defenders try to bomb it with "i like pie", the more pathetic it gets. there are some pretty big artists posting in that thread, and defending this fudge. i'll be taking all of it into consideration before making future purchases...

Now now.

GP is the artists' community. We like to have fun and make ridiculous uninformed remarks and talk about pie and pooping in bathtubs and whatnot, and that is our space to do that if we feel like it. You may be forgiven for failing to understand that and taking it too seriously, because it is not your community, it is our community, and you can't be expected to get it. It's a given that when something from here spills over onto there, there will be a certain amount of reaction, or just plain goofing around. All very much part of the territory at GP, for just about anything. If reading it makes you dislike artists, don't read it.

Likewise, there is plenty that an artist could read on Ebeans and find very offensive and off-putting, in the way some of y'all talk about artists, our work, its value, etc.. Plenty.
But that would be kind of silly because Ebeans is YOUR community, your space to talk about whatever you want to, as collectors, print geeks, fans, etc. There is a whole context that I as an artist don't pretend to understand, so it would be pointless and self-defeating for me to get in a huff about it, or project a bad impression onto the community as a whole from some remarks someone makes in the forum.

Alright I've said my bit, now buy my fudge.
I ship on time.
str8jacketweather
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 168
Joined: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:44 am

Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:14 am

But right now, they got to do what's right for them. Because it's their time. Their time! Up there! Down here, it's our time. It's our time down here. That's all over the second we ride up Troy's bucket.
iratasan
Flipper
Posts: 10055
Joined: Thu May 04, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Milliways
Contact:

Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:19 am

crosshair wrote:now buy my fudge.
I ship on time.
iratasan wrote:i only heard very good things about the jay ryan and crosshair subs.
User avatar
pj101ca
Art Expert
Posts: 2505
Joined: Mon May 30, 2005 12:00 am
Location: Ott.Ont.Can

Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:20 am

artists should be seen. not heard.
mike123230 wrote:hahahah lawyers are stupid. boom. roasted.
User avatar
machination
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 7847
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:08 pm
Location: Maple Leaf Land
Contact:

Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:37 am

crosshair wrote:GP is the artists' community. We like to have fun and make ridiculous uninformed remarks and talk about pie and pooping in bathtubs and whatnot, and that is our space to do that if we feel like it. You may be forgiven for failing to understand that and taking it too seriously, because it is not your community, it is our community, and you can't be expected to get it.
This is a bit condescending. There's nothing to "get" about those types of jokes. You'll either like them or you won't. Has less to do with being either an artist or a collector.
crosshair wrote:Likewise, there is plenty that an artist could read on Ebeans and find very offensive and off-putting, in the way some of y'all talk about artists, our work, its value, etc.. Plenty. But that would be kind of silly because Ebeans is YOUR community, your space to talk about whatever you want to, as collectors, print geeks, fans, etc.
People can make whatever comment they want. I would draw the line at personal attacks, which have happened at both communities before. I don't think it's silly to discuss things and keep them out in the open. The problem with this is that it will inevitably open up a can of worms and it'll get out of control. Sometimes it's worth taking the risk. I see your point about the communities being different, but GP is not strictly a community for artists, just as EB is not just a community for collectors. There is a lot of bleeding, and that's the way it should be to keep the communication lines between the two types of communities open. It's one way a business can be run successfully and honestly if one or more people neglect to use email.

The misunderstandings occurring right now almost always begin by a failure to read everything thoroughly and take it all in before posting.
crosshair wrote: Alright I've said my bit, now buy my fudge.
I ship on time.
That's true.
Image
User avatar
kramer73
Art Expert
Posts: 4282
Joined: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:00 am

Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:44 am

pj101ca wrote:artists should be seen. not heard.
one of the lamest statements in this thread.
mistersmith wrote: Yet another pair of prints that I freak over, plan to frame for my office, buy for too much money, then stash away in a flat file because framing is balls expensive. Can't wait.
Post Reply