Posters that look like other posters

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
ColdSoreSuperstar
Art Expert
Posts: 5026
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:00 am
Location: I don't even know anymore.

Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:54 pm

Hmm. Me confused.
not dead
User avatar
pewter14
EB Team
Posts: 15307
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:58 am

Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:22 am

Image

Image
User avatar
morst
EB Team
Posts: 2962
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am
Location: SF
Contact:

Thu Nov 08, 2007 12:51 am

ColdSoreSuperstar wrote:Who is that flower child? Mucha?
Image
Is this whole edition signed or just the one in the recent auction?

PS I totally love this thread! :lol:
User avatar
phootdoc
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 1:00 am
Location: The "Riverbend"

Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:42 am

I love this thread too...keep 'em coming!
User avatar
aahnutz
EB Team
Posts: 21745
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2005 12:00 am
Location: Some place I'd rather not be...

Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:36 am

Image Image

Are these posters based on a Tori Amos song? Just trying to figure out why they're so similar. Why no facial features?
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
ryan_1969

Thu Nov 08, 2007 10:47 am

ColdSoreSuperstar wrote:Who is that flower child? Mucha?

After a billion peeps told me they thought I had mucha on my arms, I looked into him and love his stuff. great influence on Malleus.
he has some good books about his work. i have a couple, pretty amazing body of work.
User avatar
Yamar
EB Team Emeritus
Posts: 15402
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am
Location: Ithaca, NY

Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:05 am

aahnutz wrote:Image Image

Are these posters based on a Tori Amos song? Just trying to figure out why they're so similar. Why no facial features?
From some things I've seen, more the look of her recent album - various wigs and such.
Tra la la la la...
User avatar
jojobadass
Art Freak
Posts: 19946
Joined: Fri May 13, 2005 12:00 am
Location: chick-fila
Contact:

Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:09 am

aahnutz wrote:Image Image

Are these posters based on a Tori Amos song? Just trying to figure out why they're so similar. Why no facial features?

doesn't todd normally base a poster image off a song or album by the musical artist?
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
vtadams22
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 221
Joined: Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:00 am

Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:14 am

morst wrote:
ColdSoreSuperstar wrote:Who is that flower child? Mucha?
Image
Is this whole edition signed or just the one in the recent auction?

PS I totally love this thread! :lol:
I found this work by Thompson as well, thought it was funny to be called "Spaghetti Hair Lady" because the hair on the "Flower Child" kind of looks like spaghetti

http://www.oldhandbills.com/images/0607 ... ly_Dog.jpg
User avatar
schmoff
Art Expert
Posts: 6236
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 1:00 am
Location: NY
Contact:

Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:40 am

ryan_1969 wrote:
ColdSoreSuperstar wrote:Who is that flower child? Mucha?

After a billion peeps told me they thought I had mucha on my arms, I looked into him and love his stuff. great influence on Malleus.
he has some good books about his work. i have a couple, pretty amazing body of work.
yeah Mucha is my favorite, only wish i could afford some original prints
he is the true father of modern poster art
i'm an art director and studied him intensely in college
User avatar
ill
Art Expert
Posts: 1832
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:00 am

Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:09 pm

Not sure if this counts for this thread, but this is clearly where some inspiration came in.

Image

Christy Turlington
Image
User avatar
morst
EB Team
Posts: 2962
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am
Location: SF
Contact:

Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:18 am

vtadams22 wrote: I found this work by Thompson as well, thought it was funny to be called "Spaghetti Hair Lady" because the hair on the "Flower Child" kind of looks like spaghetti

http://www.oldhandbills.com/images/0607 ... ly_Dog.jpg
EB has a listing for that one.
Image
User avatar
ill
Art Expert
Posts: 1832
Joined: Sat Aug 09, 2003 12:00 am

Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:58 am

Image
Image
User avatar
bostonlou
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 758
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 1:00 am

Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:10 pm

credit to d2d on the pit

Duchamp - Nude Descending a Staircase
Image

Klausen - Slow Music
Image
User avatar
Stingers
Art Expert
Posts: 4439
Joined: Wed May 09, 2007 12:00 am
Location: London : England

Tue Nov 13, 2007 4:27 pm

Someone do the code for me ;) :

Dismemberment Plan Cambridge, MA 01 McCarthy - 1st

&

Year of the Snake 07 McCarthy - 1st
Post Reply