General art-related discussion.
bsharp
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:08 am

aldobishalini wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 11:29 pm
Jamilton wrote:
Thu Jan 07, 2021 3:05 pm
snagged one, went back and got the other. shocked that worked.
Does Shep do the ole BNG 2nd order shipping refund?
No, unfortunately.
bubbie
Art Expert

Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:10 am

They definitely used to if you email them. I have not done that in a while though in regards to combined shipping, unless I am forgetting something.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:30 am

I've never been able to get them to unless it's sold as a set. I can't remember the last time I had separate orders on a drop though.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
bubbie
Art Expert

Fri Jan 08, 2021 12:48 am

Went quickly through the emails and see that I got it combined for the Royal Treatment prints. There is probably more, but that’s last one that I see. That was 4.5 years ago though and that was sold as a set, I just failed and bought singles separately it appears.
Jamilton
Art Expert

Fri Jan 08, 2021 4:13 pm

For those wondering, I emailed to ask to combine orders and was told they won’t do that. Kinda lame. Oh well.
chalkdust
Art Expert

Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:43 am

I definitely blame COVID, and of course the liberal media.
xangelx
Art Expert

Sat Jan 09, 2021 11:37 am

chalkdust wrote:
Sat Jan 09, 2021 3:43 am
I definitely blame COVID, and of course the liberal media.
Not Antifa?
"If I could fly high above the world, would I see a bunch of living dots spell the word stupidity" - Bad Religion
chalkdust
Art Expert

Sun Jan 10, 2021 1:44 am

even my dumb ass knows there's no such thing
bubbie
Art Expert

Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:00 pm

For all of you who have attempted to purchase my prints and found it frustrating to have them sell out while you are attempting to purchase I’d like to share a few things. First, I’m incredibly grateful that you like my art and support my work! I also work with my team to weed out bots and flippers using both advanced-Shopify bot protection software and tracking flippers online, who are then blocked from future sales. This eats up a good amount of time for my team purely in an effort to ensure that true fans get as many of the prints as possible. However, flippers are quite crafty about using new names, new IP addresses, and advanced software to bypass bot filters. For example on the AK-47 Lotus and AR-15 Lily prints 915 bots were blocked by our anti-bot software, yet several of those prints still ended up on Ebay. We use a captcha system which helps to filter out bots. I hear the frequent complaint that the captcha slowed down checkout, but it is part of bot protection. When releasing prints I’m trying to balance several considerations. I want the art to be affordable, but also special for collectors. I usually keep the print editions limited to from 350 to 550, which are large editions, but still well below the demand. When many more orders are being placed simultaneously than prints are available, some customers will inevitably reach the conclusion of checkout only to find the print has sold out during the time that process took to complete. I’m very frustrated by bots and flippers too. My team and I are trying to stop them as much as possible. I make open edition lithographs of some of my most popular images to make sure my art is always accessible. Please understand that I care a lot. Thanks for the support and understanding.

-Shepard

Luls.

- bubbie.
bubbie
Art Expert

Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:01 pm

Also,

Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:05 am

Luls. Thought that last image was a joke. Apparently not.

RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:19 am

why doesnt fairey track addresses and not allow package forwarding ?

spend a lot of time ?
his team must be weak.... pretty easy to manage and query with Microsoft access

all you would have to do is import the orders each time and write the queries

also very easy to identify patterns with access ...if the same address is getting every drop pretty good sign its needs banned etc

the next level would be take the data and combine with BNG ...and start taking big bites out

they are going by order names ? :rolling:
soupysound
EB Trainee

Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:46 am

^^^^ lots of lulz to unpack in that comment. MS access being the solution?!?!? ... you really are bringing obey into the windows 95 future. .... and saying an address that scores every drop needs to be banned? that's pretty ridiculous. i won't even address the privacy issues with sharing information across stores... let alone thinking BNG has the same fanbase as obey.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:31 pm

fanbase ? has nothing to do with anything
its about flippers who track nothing but flippable items and a simple agree to terms eliminated any privacy concerns :rolling:
you be lost bro....

IPS and names can can be changed - addresses dont- access is a very good tool to analyze which obviously you ha e little experience with :roll:

the should be cross checking addresses names and IPS
FahedC
New User

Tue Jan 12, 2021 12:35 pm

I saw in BNG twitter , how they check on ebay after a drop and then see who had the drop already on sell, then they bought the Print from the flipper in Ebay got his info in the payment and BNG told them they cancel his order of the drop so the flippers has no choice but to cancel the sell and they have to tell ebay they dont have the item ( which is really bad for them )