Page 1715 of 1889

Re: Anything OBEY related

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:39 am
by bubbie
earlgreytoast wrote:Ohhhhh Doctor! That one will separate the men from the boys. Should be a proper shitshow.
(in regards to the Liberty print)
Indeed. Passing on the original was probably the biggest mistake in my "poster-collecting" days. I still can't believe I had it in my cart two or three times and dropped it out at the payment screen. No one seemed to give a drymount when they dropped. There was a lot more hype about some shitty letterpress prints a day or two after, if I remember correctly.

Re: Anything OBEY related

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:40 am
by bubbie
HenryGaleWasHere wrote:Large format screenprints of the recent Amplifier Kickstarter prints are up, signed/numbered out of 75, $750 each:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/am ... ero_thanks
bsharp wrote:
egrimens wrote:Sad, no Large Formats this time, would have gone for the first image if there was.
There is now!
Luls. They should have dropped them along with the rest; would probably move better due to potential "hype". But those sure are three ugly posters.

Re: Anything OBEY related

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:43 am
by bubbie
Had no idea there were so many Tom Petty fans willing to pay dat much for a Fairey print. I was away for a few days, but I would probably pass on the drop without seeing the price charts that I can see now.

Re: Anything OBEY related

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:51 am
by Codeblue
bubbie wrote:
earlgreytoast wrote:Ohhhhh Doctor! That one will separate the men from the boys. Should be a proper shitshow.
(in regards to the Liberty print)
Indeed. Passing on the original was probably the biggest mistake in my "poster-collecting" days. I still can't believe I had it in my cart two or three times and dropped it out at the payment screen. No one seemed to give a drymount when they dropped. There was a lot more hype about some shitty letterpress prints a day or two after, if I remember correctly.
Not really. They were gone in a flash (assuming you're referring to the 18x24 Liberte).

Re: Anything OBEY related

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:58 am
by bubbie
Yes, that's the one I am referring to. I know for a fact I had it in my cart at least twice and emptied the cart both times at the confirm payment or whatever screen. I feel like it was three times, but maybe I am wrong about that. Maybe the last time I emptied the cart, it was already sold out... But I definitely passed on it willingly. What a drymounting mistake.

Re: Anything OBEY related

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:51 am
by bubbie
^ No one here gave a drymount before or after the drop: http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... tart=16530

Re: Anything OBEY related

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:44 am
by Codeblue
Luls. Dats the oldest trick in the book. #calmbeforetehstorm #checktehcharts

Re: Anything OBEY related

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 7:38 am
by stuckeyc
The silk was up for a few minutes atleast. It was a friday drop and only announced the day before if i remember correctly. I Shoulda bought two I Just saw pics of the LF Letterpress. Amazing.

Re: Anything OBEY related

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:22 am
by earlgreytoast
I knew from the % of my Fairey sales that I was shipping to France that it would be huge; picked up 3 more on the aftermarket right away at around $200. But sold them in the 700-1000 range, no idea how high they would go. Again, this game never fails to surprise me. But learned as a rookie that you just can’t look back in the game unless you want heartache. Focus on the wins. #hardtimes #goingtonewyork #greaterthanfear

Re: Anything OBEY related

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 9:47 am
by soupysound
earlgreytoast wrote:Again, this game never fails to surprise me. But learned as a rookie that you just can’t look back in the game unless you want heartache. Focus on the wins. #hardtimes #goingtonewyork #greaterthanfear
foodrap .. that u?

Re: Anything OBEY related

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 10:18 am
by earlgreytoast
:lol: Oooo that’s low!

Re: Anything OBEY related

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:03 am
by DickButt
REAL TALK

Re: Anything OBEY related

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:53 am
by bubbie
^ Luls.
Codeblue wrote:Luls. Dats the oldest trick in the book. #calmbeforetehstorm #checktehcharts
Not really. There was a calm after the drop as well; in fact, not a single comment about the drop at all. Price charts did not explode right away either. Like EGT said, one could pick it up just like half the other fairies after the drop for a couple of bills. #noonecared

Re: Anything OBEY related

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:32 pm
by theperfecttree
soupysound wrote:
earlgreytoast wrote:Again, this game never fails to surprise me. But learned as a rookie that you just can’t look back in the game unless you want heartache. Focus on the wins. #hardtimes #goingtonewyork #greaterthanfear
foodrap .. that u?
:lol:

Re: Anything OBEY related

Posted: Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:25 pm
by omyweenis
So Liberty LetterPress LF is gonna be like the Pace Prints a few years back? Pretty sick , but how about them offsets? Some big time reminiscing about good flips up in here.