Anything OBEY related

General art-related discussion.
samuraiwriter
Art Expert
Posts: 2743
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:00 am

Tue Jun 21, 2016 1:50 pm

ClaytonHopper wrote: MBW and Shepard Fairey:

Image
:iagree:

obey consume repeat
User avatar
ClaytonHopper
Art Expert
Posts: 1532
Joined: Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:57 pm

Tue Jun 21, 2016 2:24 pm

toobs wrote:
ClaytonHopper wrote:Selling extras eh? Let's see how long it stays up for the open edition. If MBW released anything gun related old or new right now, the UAA thread and one here would be full of hate for Thierry. Yet Shep continues to rehash older images all the time but it's ok for him? Only difference is Shep makes his art more affordable for the poors.

MBW and Shepard Fairey:

Image
not really shep was an actual street artist who got famous on his own merit and has gone main stream while MBW is a fat french guy who couldn't out run paul blart mall cop if he put up a sticker someone else designed . . . he's genius at marketing/selling fake art tho

They both sell a brand to make money.

Same but different. :)
User avatar
toobs
Art Expert
Posts: 8593
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:55 pm
Contact:

Tue Jun 21, 2016 3:32 pm

ClaytonHopper wrote:
toobs wrote:
ClaytonHopper wrote:Selling extras eh? Let's see how long it stays up for the open edition. If MBW released anything gun related old or new right now, the UAA thread and one here would be full of hate for Thierry. Yet Shep continues to rehash older images all the time but it's ok for him? Only difference is Shep makes his art more affordable for the poors.

MBW and Shepard Fairey:

Image
not really shep was an actual street artist who got famous on his own merit and has gone main stream while MBW is a fat french guy who couldn't out run paul blart mall cop if he put up a sticker someone else designed . . . he's genius at marketing/selling fake art tho

They both sell a brand to make money.

Same but different. :)
true dat
Image
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
User avatar
punch
Art Expert
Posts: 3982
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:22 pm

Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:09 pm

Liberté, Égalité Screen Print. 18 inches by 24 inches. Signed and numbered edition of 450. These prints will be available at the opening of Earth Crisis at Galerie Itinerrance this Friday, June 24 in Paris. However, a very small portion will be available for purchase online in the Store under Prints at 10AM PST tomorrow, Thursday, June 23. $60. Limit 1 Per Person / Household. Proceeds to benefit SOS RACISME.

Image
User avatar
bryndavies
Art Expert
Posts: 9825
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:44 pm
Location: The Last Frontier

Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:10 pm

I don't speak paresian, what's that say?
ImageT.K.C.
User avatar
jmagee87
Art Expert
Posts: 5991
Joined: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:02 pm
Location: Baton Rouge, LA

Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:12 pm

Liberty, Equality, Fraternity

It's the national motto of both France and Haiti
ImageImage #trollcru
Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
User avatar
bulkhead72
Art Expert
Posts: 9503
Joined: Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:50 am
Location: Los Angeles

Wed Jun 22, 2016 3:58 pm

Something about a cheese omelette.
User avatar
toobs
Art Expert
Posts: 8593
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:55 pm
Contact:

Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:13 pm

i think its about Crepes and Stinky Cheese but my franch is a lil rusty
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
User avatar
dodgers77
Art Expert
Posts: 2059
Joined: Tue Feb 25, 2014 4:32 am

Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:41 pm

jmagee87 wrote:Liberty, Equality, Fraternity

It's the national motto of both France and Haiti

:2thumb:
User avatar
cardhawks
Art Expert
Posts: 2230
Joined: Mon Dec 25, 2006 1:00 am

Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:59 pm

didn't see this anywhere here but maybe this will interest somebody

http://itinerrance.fr/boutique/
vitoria
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Jun 14, 2016 12:06 pm

Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:08 pm

101,70 € shipped.

I only like the RESPECT AND JUSTICE Letterpress but i will pass...still waiting to buy my first Shepard Fairey print.
User avatar
MJGallicchio
Art Expert
Posts: 1833
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:35 pm
Location: 'Merica

Mon Jun 27, 2016 1:36 pm

UPDATE: A very limited quantity of the letterpress prints will be available to purchase online tomorow, Tuesday, June 28 at 10AM PST in the Store under the Prints section. Please see original post below for details.
Image
16.75 inches by 13.75 inches. Edition of 450. $75.

https://obeygiant.com/?id=75977
User avatar
Kdh12
Art Freak
Posts: 10790
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Here

Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:18 pm

vitoria wrote:101,70 € shipped.

I only like the RESPECT AND JUSTICE Letterpress but i will pass...still waiting to buy my first Shepard Fairey print.
It only cost me $26 euros for shipping,w/conversion still cheaper than what obey will charge for a set which will probably $50 ish
mmmm Beer :pint:
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52400
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:26 pm

Someone shot their wad too soon. Oof.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
Kdh12
Art Freak
Posts: 10790
Joined: Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:00 am
Location: Here

Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:29 pm

Conscious choice not to buy from Obey. Not sure if I wanted to deal with cluster and trying to add all to cart if the sets sell quick
mmmm Beer :pint:
Post Reply