Anything OBEY related

General art-related discussion.
User avatar
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak
Posts: 18164
Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:35 pm

Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:08 pm

KingOfNothing wrote:Originally going for the Zoolander print, but since part 2 is being universally panned... meh, easy pass. Shep shoulda done a Deadpool print instead.
Good thing its not a movie poster then huh?
Image
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
User avatar
no1gdman
Art Enthusiast
Posts: 77
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:13 am
Location: Bay Area

Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:07 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:
KingOfNothing wrote:Originally going for the Zoolander print, but since part 2 is being universally panned... meh, easy pass. Shep shoulda done a Deadpool print instead.
Good thing its not a movie poster then huh?
Just pretend it's from the first zoolander movie
User avatar
cmatthews11
Art Expert
Posts: 2954
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:42 am
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Contact:

Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:15 pm

no1gdman wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:
KingOfNothing wrote:Originally going for the Zoolander print, but since part 2 is being universally panned... meh, easy pass. Shep shoulda done a Deadpool print instead.
Good thing its not a movie poster then huh?
Just pretend it's from the first zoolander movie
Technically, it is.

Image
User avatar
toobs
Art Expert
Posts: 8623
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2007 1:55 pm
Contact:

Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:32 pm

That's why I don't get everyone saying its from this new movie, it's jus a Derek Zoolander portrait
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
Posts: 8221
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am

Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:10 am

toobs wrote:That's why I don't get everyone saying its from this new movie, it's jus a Derek Zoolander portrait
Exactly. Has nothing to with the second movie.
User avatar
bryndavies
Art Expert
Posts: 9835
Joined: Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:44 pm
Location: The Last Frontier

Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:23 am

63schoeffling wrote:
toobs wrote:That's why I don't get everyone saying its from this new movie, it's jus a Derek Zoolander portrait
Exactly. Has nothing to with the second movie.
ImageT.K.C.
User avatar
genericuser
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 249
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:08 pm
Location: Unknown
Contact:

Tue Feb 16, 2016 2:46 am

Shepard Fairey wrote:The Zoolander team liked my t-shirt design enough to ask me to do some more portraits of Derek for the Blu-ray release of the original Zoolander film! I gladly accepted with one condition… that I be allowed to make a limited edition screen-printed poster of the portrait.
Personally, I wish he would've done Magnum instead.
samuraiwriter
Art Expert
Posts: 2743
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:00 am

Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:05 am

bryndavies wrote:
63schoeffling wrote:
toobs wrote:That's why I don't get everyone saying its from this new movie, it's jus a Derek Zoolander portrait
Exactly. Has nothing to with the second movie.
:rolling:


"Zoolander is one of my favorite movies, so I was really excited when I heard that a sequel was in the works! I have met Ben Stiller a few times and let him know how much I love Zoolander. I guess flattery occasionally gets you somewhere, because I was asked to do a Derek Zoolander t-shirt graphic to be used in a scene in Zoolander No. 2! Of course I got to work immediately trying to illustrate a ridiculously good-looking ridiculous portrait of Derek. The Zoolander team liked my t-shirt design enough to ask me to do some more portraits of Derek for the Blu-ray release of the original Zoolander film! I gladly accepted with one condition… that I be allowed to make a limited edition screen-printed poster of the portrait. The not-to-be-missed movie, "Zoolander No. 2”, comes out this Fri., Feb. 12, and the “Zoolander Blue Steel” print comes out Tues. Feb. 16...."


It's OK to admit it's a paycheck commission for OBEY. We all need to eat.
User avatar
jkw3000
EB Team
Posts: 23791
Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm
Location: NYC

Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:45 am

Or he just wanted to do something not serious and still get paid for it. It's been known to happen...
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
samuraiwriter
Art Expert
Posts: 2743
Joined: Fri Nov 10, 2006 2:00 am

Tue Feb 16, 2016 3:58 am

jkw3000 wrote:Or he just wanted to do something not serious and still get paid for it. It's been known to happen...
exactly.

A guy who had made his career rallying against the "machine" making a drymounting Derek Zoolander print for Paramount. Which you may not know is a subsidiary or Viacom. Viacom has donated extensively to Hillary Clinton's campaign. Yet, Shepard endorses Bernie Sanders.

Cash rules everything around Shep, CREAM get the money, dolla dolla bills y'all.

Hypocrite.

Good luck to everyone buying an extra value meal for their family from flipping this print.
User avatar
punch
Art Expert
Posts: 3983
Joined: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:22 pm

Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:08 am

It's not the same old tired stuff.. I like it!

Best part is it's not covered in terrible type.
User avatar
MJGallicchio
Art Expert
Posts: 1841
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 10:35 pm
Location: 'Merica

Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:05 am

Are people really taking this seriously and complaining about it? It's a fun poster for a stupid movie. Maybe I'm alone, but I'd much rather have this than another "oil is bad" poster.
User avatar
alittle
Art Freak
Posts: 15289
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:10 am

Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:28 am

MJGallicchio wrote:I'd much rather have this than another "oil is bad" poster.
This.
Image
User avatar
63schoeffling
Art Expert
Posts: 8221
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:52 am

Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:22 am

alittle wrote:
MJGallicchio wrote:I'd much rather have this than another "oil is bad" poster.
This.
Amen.
User avatar
soupysound
EB Trainee
Posts: 3786
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:38 pm

Tue Feb 16, 2016 9:49 am

"EB Hot Today"

SHRN :lol:
Image
Post Reply