Anything OBEY related

General art-related discussion.
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:43 pm

earlgreytoast wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:08 pm
Originally those prints came in a plastic sleeve in the box. Most of the ones I came across were in great shape. Bought and sold 3 or 4 of them total.
Ahh yeah I assumed these would too, haven't picked mine up yet, but if they are loose that is disappointing.
misterwhisper
Art Expert

Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:06 pm

Anyone who bought this piece from Skate Warehouse should check their credit cards. Last month, my CC flagged a $500 fraudulent purchase and I had to cancel and reissue and deal with all of the fun of redoing a zillion autopay and recurring accounts. Couldn't figure out where my info was stolen from until I got this email today:

wrote:
"December 22, 2021

Notice of data breach

Dear Xxxxx Xxxxxxxx,

This letter is to provide you with information about a data security incident that may have affected your payment card information. The privacy and security of your personal information is extremely important to us as we very much appreciate your business and your confidence in us. We are sending this letter to notify you of the incident, to provide you with information about the nature of the incident, and the steps you can now take to protect your personal information. As a result of this incident, we have partnered with IDX to provide you this notification.

What Happened. On October 15, 2021, Skate Warehouse, LLC ("Skate Warehouse") became aware of a potential data security incident. We immediately began an internal investigation and engaged an independent computer forensics firm to determine whether any personal information was affected in the incident. The investigation has been extensive, requiring the analysis of a substantial amount of digital evidence. On November 6, 2021, the investigation determined that payment card information was obtained without authorization on October 1, 2021. On November 29, 2021, the investigation determined that your payment card information may have been affected during the incident.

What Information Was Involved. The incident may have involved payment card information, including your name, address, payment card number (the actual partial card number here), expiration date, and payment card security code.

What We Are Doing. We took the measures referenced above, and reported the incident to the payment card brands in an attempt to prevent fraudulent activity on the affected accounts. We also reported the incident to law enforcement and will provide whatever cooperation is necessary to hold the perpetrators accountable. We have also worked closely with the digital forensics firm to enhance the security of our sites to facilitate safe and secure transactions.

What You Can Do. Receiving this letter does not mean that you are the victim of identity theft. We strongly recommend, however, that you take the steps referenced below to protect your personal information.

For More Information. If you have questions or need assistance, please never hesitate to call (833) 381-2293, Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. Eastern Time.

We sincerely apologize for this incident. We value you, your personal information, and your continued business.

Sincerely,

Mark Sczbecki
Co-Owner
Skate Warehouse, LLC"
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:45 pm

That sucks man. People are the worst
iamthetoe
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 22, 2021 4:14 pm

bsharp wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 6:11 pm
jordanonthereg wrote:
Tue Dec 21, 2021 5:15 pm
One of my boxes had some corner wear to the prints (very minimal) the other set is perfect. I guess it all depends on the journey the box takes...
Nice, you’re very lucky! My set not so much. But the printing turned out great, and I planned to frame them at some point so I’m not too bothered. I suspect the vast majority of these sets are dinged to some extent.
I used the spoon trick to smooth out those fuzzy corners and it worked pretty well. Can't tell with the naked eye that they arrived with imperfections. Curious if Obey changes up packaging on their release.
dundun
Art Connoisseur

Wed Dec 22, 2021 7:20 pm

Damn is anyone else waiting for their Box Set? I still haven't got anything and Amplifier haven't answered my email.
soupysound
EB Team

Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:21 am

misterwhisper wrote:
Wed Dec 22, 2021 3:06 pm

Anyone who bought this piece from Skate Warehouse should check their credit cards. Last month, my CC flagged a $500 fraudulent purchase and I had to cancel and reissue and deal with all of the fun of redoing a zillion autopay and recurring accounts. Couldn't figure out where my info was stolen from until I got this email today:
thx for the info. i bought that release but didn't see any email... it was in SPAM folder. turns out my CC number was reissued between then and now anyway so all good.

for those wondering.... the email comes from IDX@idx.support
papaver
Tech Team Member

Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:34 pm

ygolohcysp wrote:
earlgreytoast wrote:
Originally those prints came in a plastic sleeve in the box. Most of the ones I came across were in great shape. Bought and sold 3 or 4 of them total.
Ahh yeah I assumed these would too, haven't picked mine up yet, but if they are loose that is disappointing.
wow, worse packing job ever on these. yeah really dinged up. ugh. amazing prints though. sad they can't put a little effort into packaging them properly.
Arterre
Art Connoisseur

Thu Dec 23, 2021 9:55 pm

papaver wrote:
Thu Dec 23, 2021 2:34 pm
ygolohcysp wrote:
earlgreytoast wrote:
wow, worse packing job ever on these. yeah really dinged up. ugh. amazing prints though. sad they can't put a little effort into packaging them properly.
Our two Revolutionary Box sets arrived perfect . I think they upped their game after dinged corner complaints .
the print box was floating surrounded by styrofoam peanuts as to prevent hard impacts ...
Love the prints , great colors and the titles add a poetic dimension these past images he has used before Bravo Shep !
Kdh12
Art Freak

Thu Dec 23, 2021 10:21 pm

If purchased from Obey directly it was probably packed better. They are experts
mmmm Beer :pint:
mattlew69
Art Expert

Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:51 am

I got this sweet Obey NFT.
It came with absolutely no corner dings and in mint condition.
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Fri Dec 24, 2021 6:37 pm

mattlew69 wrote:
Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:51 am
I got this sweet Obey NFT.
It came with absolutely no corner dings and in mint condition.
And you'll never get pinched by the man for reselling it! Who knew this day would come
jjttdw
Art Expert

Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:41 pm

Lol
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
stuckeyc
Art Expert

Fri Dec 24, 2021 11:44 pm

Can't wait to see the frame up
maddog76
Flipper

Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:27 am

Does Shepard Fairey not understand the volume of fossil fuels burned to generate the electricity for his NFT bullshit?
fribhey
Art Expert

Sun Dec 26, 2021 9:23 pm

maddog76 wrote:
Sun Dec 26, 2021 2:27 am
Does Shepard Fairey not understand the volume of fossil fuels burned to generate the electricity for his NFT bullshit?
Do you honestly think he cares about half the things he writes about? It’s easier to sell art when you pretend to be an activist about every possible issue in the world.