Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:17 pm
So true!
Codeblue wrote:#whydidntilisten2kbbq
KingOfNothing
Art Connoisseur

Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:16 am

lebantz wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 4:13 pm
How do asshats like "@keithsweat123" have eBay FIVE to sell? I'm sure thats one of his emails too.

Like the Doug of BNG but he made it through somehow. Captcha guru team. They spend a minimum of 2 hours a day practicing capchtas.
mikichello wrote:
Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:04 pm
I don't see how it's possible unless he's been purchasing over the past few days on the secondary market at lower prices and re-flipping?
Guys who build and run sneaker bots have the ability to spoof one credit card number into dozens even hundreds of different unique names and numbers with an equal amount of different mailing addresses or even variations of one address with misspellings or weird add-ons like "unit number, apt #" etc.,. They'll use the address variation at stores like Foot Locker, Game Stop, Walmart and Target because those places aren't as vigilant with checking addresses like a smaller boutique will. And captchas are already solved before the drop even happens. Bot runners can strike out too, it's rare, ultimately they almost always score and more than one per drop.
NEVER FORGET Image 02/14/14
Je préfère mourir sur mes pieds que de vivre à genoux
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:01 am

KingOfNothing wrote:
lebantz wrote:
How do asshats like "@keithsweat123" have eBay FIVE to sell? I'm sure thats one of his emails too.

Like the Doug of BNG but he made it through somehow. Captcha guru team. They spend a minimum of 2 hours a day practicing capchtas.
mikichello wrote:
I don't see how it's possible unless he's been purchasing over the past few days on the secondary market at lower prices and re-flipping?
Guys who build and run sneaker bots have the ability to spoof one credit card number into dozens even hundreds of different unique names and numbers with an equal amount of different mailing addresses or even variations of one address with misspellings or weird add-ons like "unit number, apt #" etc.,. They'll use the address variation at stores like Foot Locker, Game Stop, Walmart and Target because those places aren't as vigilant with checking addresses like a smaller boutique will. And captchas are already solved before the drop even happens. Bot runners can strike out too, it's rare, ultimately they almost always score and more than one per drop.

why fairey team cant identify the address spoofs is weak - I could right a simple access query that would pull that info into a consistent format and flush out

group street names, (1st, first vs phirst street I could easily query for....) export in alphabetically order and review if a simple apt # is tricking them thats a total joke .... :toilet: :lol:

said it before say it again - review all the data from 10 years of sales and a lot would show. even counting the number of orders from an address with help drill down ......

and another point - if the address is weird fairey should just cancel the order- simple

with a little more work one could write a script to take the address and script to google maps and help identify spoofs- address doesnt have a exact match, flag it etc Google maps shows a photo of a shack and address has apt # 300 and 10 other orders .... :lol:

also need to be IP gathering and comparing- what address are using a consistent IP on each order or which ones have a different IP for the same address etc ...... cut and chop the data

combine that data with other major sellers and got yourself a nice platter to pick at

I have never really felt fairey takes the topic seriously despite all the lip flapping from his team- considering he has endless resources....$$$$$, faireytale :lol: :lol:

refunds for hype- root for a poster :lol:
KingOfNothing
Art Connoisseur

Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:37 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 6:01 am
KingOfNothing wrote:
lebantz wrote:

mikichello wrote:
I have never really felt fairey takes the topic seriously despite all the lip flapping from his team- considering he has endless resources....$$$$$, faireytale :lol: :lol:

refunds for hype- root for a poster :lol:
Agreed. I got my info from my son who is in a sneaker cook group. I was blown away by the credit card/address spoof thing when he first told me about it. I was surprised at first but then again, in today's day and age, nothing should surpise me.

He doesn't touch Obey. But he says it's a challenge for these guys. The one who scores the most wins. It's part bragging rights, part "bot sales." The bot builders make pretty insane money selling "slots" to purchase limited released bots. And if they have a "score/cop" they can brag how good their bot is, well, it only justifies the insane price for the bot they are selling. Sadly, until the poster market goes flat, bot runners are here to stay.
NEVER FORGET Image 02/14/14
Je préfère mourir sur mes pieds que de vivre à genoux
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Sat Feb 27, 2021 2:50 pm

You need a lot of things to line up to bot obey successfully (these days), you don't just press a button and win.

Even if you have the Cadillac bot you still need good Captcha and checkout proxies, good Google accounts, be monitoring fast enough, be there to solve the captchas (you can't presolve for big drops), and be lucky enough to beat the other 50k people trying for 500 prints.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:53 pm

You're destroying the fragile egos of the folks who can only justify missing by crying 'bot'. Won't someone think of the (man)children?!
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Sat Feb 27, 2021 4:06 pm

Kramerica wrote:
Sat Feb 27, 2021 3:53 pm
You're destroying the fragile egos of the folks who can only justify missing by crying 'bot'. Won't someone think of the (man)children?!
It's so true. Everyone thinks there's the same mastermind on the beach stacking 50 copies of obey while they surf on every drop. Nah, you got beat by other fans and SOME bots, but for everyone trying with a bot and winning there's 50 other people doing the same that lost. And those 50 people still spent money on their set up for that week to even attempt. And they still got beat by fans buying manual.
jkw3000
EB Team

Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:24 pm

Finally, art for the bots.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
toobs
Art Expert

Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:56 pm

peeps who deny bots aren't a huge issue and talk sh!t that we can't score anymore have bots, its pretty straight forward, my body is ready to take the next L
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
mike123230
Art Expert

Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:58 pm

it's been so long since i really wanted a print. i forgot the jittery feeling.
mike123230
Art Expert

Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:02 pm

order failed with "too many requests" and now sold out. that was neat. ah well.
MaxCollinsII
Art Connoisseur

1933, haha. that's great
The Original Pure Hemp® Rolling Papers :ziggi: made in Spain, unlike some of our competitors
PartPat: "All of Eb is one big mondo joke really."
descendo
EB Team

Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:03 pm

mike123230 wrote:
Same. Not sure what I did wrong or differently than usual. Thought it might be the credit card but a second one also failed before it finally sold out.
toobs
Art Expert

Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:04 pm

lol still missed some error bullshit too many requests came up fcuk obey so over it lol
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
infrared90s
Art Expert

Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:04 pm

mike123230 wrote:
same error, wtf