Anything OBEY related

General art-related discussion.
punch
Art Expert

Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:33 pm

New large format print coming next week.
o4phish20o
Art Expert

Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:37 pm

gorkie wrote:Anybody who uses that as a coffee table should be beaten.
Where do you put your coffee table books then?
jmagee87
Art Expert

Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:38 pm

Kramerica wrote:never listen to anything rambo says.
RambosRemodeler wrote:You're entitled to your opinion but it's wrong.
o4phish20o
Art Expert

Thu Apr 28, 2016 4:45 pm

jmagee87 wrote:Image
:clap: there it is! was waiting for someone to post that
quiksilvr22
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:43 am

punch wrote:New large format print coming next week.
Sneak preview of a collaboration w/ @ernestoyerena releasing next week.
Large format edition of Obey Dia De Los Muertos printed by the legendary @modernmultiples.
Details to follow early next week.

ImageImage
soam24
Art Freak

Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:30 am

another ground breaking collab between the two.
Jasper73
Art Expert

Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:35 am

Funny that I always try not to touch the ink on my prints. yet looking at shep resting his fist into that print makes me wonder why bother.
ImageT.K.C.
RambosRemodeler
Art Freak

Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:37 am

This might be the worst year I've seen in the 4 years I've been collecting. Holy fudge :hanging:
choke wrote:I won't give up a flip that I can get myself to someone who is convinced they need it. None of us need any of this fudge. It's art. It's not medicine.
ToonKiller
Art Expert

Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:58 am

I can't even remember the last Obey print I picked up. Black Sabbath maybe?
IWish
Art Expert

Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:05 am

ToonKiller wrote:I can't even remember the last Obey print I picked up. Black Sabbath maybe?
Mujer Fatal - Letterpress was the last purchase for me. It's a keeper. I wish for a Peace Elephant letterpress.
ToonKiller
Art Expert

Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:12 am

Yes, please!! That would definitely turn 2016 around.
christoffergaddini
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:10 pm

RambosRemodeler wrote:This might be the worst year I've seen in the 4 years I've been collecting. Holy fudge :hanging:
Rambo, I really gotta agree and to be honest its made me seriously question whether I want to continue collecting high value artwork from him. Not only has he released scores of lackluster images, he's seemed to double down on them by releasing special editions through other print houses (was anyone really clamoring for a blue "paint it black"?) and tons of new lithos.

I totally get the populist view of his operation and I'm glad that everyone can afford to own a Shepard Fairey, but at the end of the day does he really want his career to be judged on these last few years of releases? Sure, the majority of the work he produced from 96-09 is important and some of it is even brilliant IMHO, but with another 5 years like this one the lackluster work will easily outnumber the good/important when it comes to looking at his entire career.
Interested in the entertainment industry? Check out http://dlreporter.com
o4phish20o
Art Expert

Fri Apr 29, 2016 12:23 pm

christoffergaddini wrote:
RambosRemodeler wrote:This might be the worst year I've seen in the 4 years I've been collecting. Holy fudge :hanging:
Rambo, I really gotta agree and to be honest its made me seriously question whether I want to continue collecting high value artwork from him. Not only has he released scores of lackluster images, he's seemed to double down on them by releasing special editions through other print houses (was anyone really clamoring for a blue "paint it black"?) and tons of new lithos.

I totally get the populist view of his operation and I'm glad that everyone can afford to own a Shepard Fairey, but at the end of the day does he really want his career to be judged on these last few years of releases? Sure, the majority of the work he produced from 96-09 is important and some of it is even brilliant IMHO, but with another 5 years like this one the lackluster work will easily outnumber the good/important when it comes to looking at his entire career.
Not one of his best years Id agree.. but I'd guess from his stand point, the oil and environmental prints have been a big deal. All kind of culminating with the Paris conference. Pretty prestigious for him. Also, the oil thing is crazy IMO b/c we are now seeing a global shift trending away from its future growth/use after all of these years. Same goes with the political prints.. he has his causes that he supports and ideas that he wants to push. Campaign finance reform is a big one and we are seeing it on an almost daily basis in the news this year. What story will this all tell in a hundred years? People will look back on these and question what was going on in this country back then.

Sheps better work has always been the propaganda/political stuff IMO. That's why I collect it.
Personally Im not a fan of the portraits, band prints, punk & skate type prints.
Different strokes for different folks.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:03 pm

Ya nubs weren't around when people were complaining about the same fudge in 07/08. Now some of those same images are ZOMG GRAILZ! #timeisaflatcircle
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
spagucci1
Art Expert

Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:26 pm

Codeblue wrote:Ya nubs weren't around when people were complaining about the same fudge in 07/08. Now some of those same images are ZOMG GRAILZ! #timeisaflatcircle
#realtalk